And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Xanatos

Re: Thoughts after Lilly's path

Post by Xanatos »

ArwinBakker wrote:Not a single time she's angry or acting weird.
Uh...There's one time she's very clearly angry...And multiple times she's off having secret conversations, whispering and such, only to stifle up when Hisao pops in...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Lily has double standards like that. She wants others to be honest with her, and there she goes hiding stuff from the rest.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I think its just plain old loneliness that drives a lot of her decisions. The way that she takes care of her class, practically adopts Hanako and attaches herself to Hisao are all evidence that she needs a family. Shes loving and caring, and looking out for her friends gives her perpose and makes her feel that shes wanted. When Hanako starts making other friends, and Hisao is too nice to come right out and ask her not to go to Scotland, I suspect she may have felt they just didn't need her anymore, and thats why she left. It wasn't until Hisao admitted his feelings to her in the hospital that she decided that she had to stay in Japan.

She'll make the most wonderful wife, and mother someday.
Last edited by pandaphil on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

She carries alot of burdens herself, and Superwoman usually die of exhaustion. She's showing signs herself in the game.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
CreedKeeper25

Post by CreedKeeper25 »

Lone Collie wrote: Well of course there is that too but still is the fact that they practically deserted her (if Akira is to be believed) and that she specifically told him never to leave her. Still doesn't justify that, in my opinion.
They're still her family. And if the parents you never got to see decided they wanted you to come home, can you honestly say you wouldn't feel at least some urge to go and finally have that relationship that you never had? Not to mention Akira, who had been the only constant in her life, was leaving as well. Hisao may have been her boyfriend, but Akira stayed by Lily's side for all those years, even though she could have gone with her parents all those years ago when they abandoned Lily. So even if she didn't care about her parents, she'd still be losing the last member of her family
SpecimenSix wrote:And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
Hanabro
BananaPudding

Post by BananaPudding »

CreedKeeper25 wrote:
Lone Collie wrote: Well of course there is that too but still is the fact that they practically deserted her (if Akira is to be believed) and that she specifically told him never to leave her. Still doesn't justify that, in my opinion.
They're still her family. And if the parents you never got to see decided they wanted you to come home, can you honestly say you wouldn't feel at least some urge to go and finally have that relationship that you never had? Not to mention Akira, who had been the only constant in her life, was leaving as well. Hisao may have been her boyfriend, but Akira stayed by Lily's side for all those years, even though she could have gone with her parents all those years ago when they abandoned Lily. So even if she didn't care about her parents, she'd still be losing the last member of her family
I kinda skimmed over the longer posts of this thread so if I'm restating something, my apologies.
Another reason for her to go would be that Hisao doesn't become blunt with her until she is almost gone. Obviously Lilly knew that he wanted her to stay, but he never came out and confirmed until the last possible second. This really strikes a chord with me because in a similar situation I would have done the same thing as Hisao when he took lilly to the Shanghai, I would ask the girl what her decision was and then accept it and respect it without trying to change her mind. I used to think something like that was because I was respectful and not pushy, but really now that I get deep into my thoughts and feelings, it would be because I was scared, scared of pouring my heart out and begging her to stay, only to have her stand by her decision it would be a hundred times worse than just saying "ok" to her decision of leaving.

phew, I can't believe how much this game has taught me, and I've only completed two endings.
Completion order: Emi->Lily->Shizune->Hanako->Rin
Feels order: Emi->lily/Hanako->Rin->Shizune
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

BananaPudding wrote:
phew, I can't believe how much this game has taught me, and I've only completed two endings.
Yeah its great isn't it? :)
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
WhySoNatsu

Post by WhySoNatsu »

I finished Hanako's path the other day and I'm about to start Lilly's. Is it long? Hanako's path seemed like it took me longer to complete than Emi's path.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

WhySoNatsu wrote:I finished Hanako's path the other day and I'm about to start Lilly's. Is it long? Hanako's path seemed like it took me longer to complete than Emi's path.
It all depends how fast you read and how often you get wrapped up in feels and talk to the screen... like I do. :lol: They say Hanako's has the least text and is the shortest chronologically yet it's taken me the longest out of all my runs, and my runs are getting generally longer, not shorter, with continued completions. It's like I'm stopping and letting the feels come out more and more, the more I read.

As for my thoughts about Lilly's route... it really is beautiful and I enjoyed it very much when I did it... but sorry, Hanako has my heart. :D
WhySoNatsu

Post by WhySoNatsu »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:
WhySoNatsu wrote:I finished Hanako's path the other day and I'm about to start Lilly's. Is it long? Hanako's path seemed like it took me longer to complete than Emi's path.
It all depends how fast you read and how often you get wrapped up in feels and talk to the screen... like I do. :lol: They say Hanako's has the least text and is the shortest chronologically yet it's taken me the longest out of all my runs, and my runs are getting generally longer, not shorter, with continued completions. It's like I'm stopping and letting the feels come out more and more, the more I read.

As for my thoughts about Lilly's route... it really is beautiful and I enjoyed it very much when I did it... but sorry, Hanako has my heart. :D
Emi has mine but Hanako's route as a whole definitely felt like it was a bit more interesting and way longer. It was a bit confusing sometimes but I still enjoyed it. In terms of characters I still like Emi a bit more than Hanako but in terms of routes I'd say Hanako's is as good as Emi's. A bit more interesting and exciting but slightly more confusing.

Can't wait for Lilly's cause I just love how polite she is =D
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Oh, back in high school I'd have been all over Lilly. I was really into blondes back then, so that with her polite nature and I'd be all for it.

Back then I would have been too shy to approach Hanako... and nothing happens if two introverts tiptoe around each other not saying anything.

Still, going in the school library and seeing someone like Hanako there, as well as seeing her get up and leave class... that definitely would have piqued my curiosity, even back then. The "double 0 Agent" in me would have wanted to investigate.
WhySoNatsu

Post by WhySoNatsu »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Oh, back in high school I'd have been all over Lilly. I was really into blondes back then, so that with her polite nature and I'd be all for it.

Back then I would have been too shy to approach Hanako... and nothing happens if two introverts tiptoe around each other not saying anything.

Still, going in the school library and seeing someone like Hanako there, as well as seeing her get up and leave class... that definitely would have piqued my curiosity, even back then. The "double 0 Agent" in me would have wanted to investigate.
To be honest I'd be curious too.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I know there was a thread awhile back that compared sizes of all the arcs. Darn if I can remember where though. As far as game time, Lilly's covers her return from Scottland and far beyond.

I'm with H&H though. Hanako has my heart, but I think I love Lilly just as much because they're almost as inseparable and Shizuni and Misha.
WhySoNatsu

Post by WhySoNatsu »

pandaphil wrote:

I know there was a thread awhile back that compared sizes of all the arcs. Darn if I can remember where though. As far as game time, Lilly's covers her return from Scottland and far beyond.

I'm with H&H though. Hanako has my heart, but I think I love Lilly just as much because they're almost as inseparable and Shizuni and Misha.
Wasn't Misha a lesbian? I read in one of the topics around here that she is. I can actually picture Misha and Shizune but I can't picture Hanako and Lilly lol