Question For Everybody

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Boggs

Question For Everybody

Post by Boggs »

Did anyone else feel kinda.. depressed after finishing the novel? I got 100% and all the endings in about 4 days, playing for an unreasonably high amount of time (10 hours a day >_>) and I just feel like life sucks. I usually feel like this after finishing other good novels, but I think it'll take longer to wear off as I went through each arc at least 3 times (besides Lilly's) and I just feel sad. Hopefully this will wear off in a day or two. I'll post a status report on this thread tomorrow at around the same time. I'm going to try to stay off KS until then and hopefully I won't feel so down. Just wanted to know if anyone else felt this way. The reason I finished it in 4 days i because I'm on Spring Break and downloaded KS on Saturday night. I usually try to keep anything nude off of my laptop but this is my one exception (parents can check it any time I'm not on it) because this is the first time I've read a visual novel like this where you pick your path (kinda) and can get a whole bunch of extras. I watch the cinematic scenes a lot more than I should (watched each of em twice today when I was doing nothing) and I don't know why. No suicidal thoughts BTW, not that kinda person.
KILLTHIS

Re: Question For Everybody

Post by KILLTHIS »

No, not actually depressed. To be more precisely, I actually feel mixed about everything - and yet I've learned quite much, to be honest.
Maybe it's reminding you on something - or maybe you're looking at a it in a different way. See, there's nothing bad about the grumpy, devilish "advocatus diaboli", so to say. I always take feelings like these to be something that comes from deep within, telling me there's something wrong. Then I start thinking deeper about what actually bothers me for real. Not just everyday-stuff, which might kills my mood. The more I analyze it, the more I get a glimpse of the point that actually starts to depress me. Maybe you should start looking on what's bothering you. Once I get it, I try to work out how to feel about it and look for bright sides or ways out of my bad mood.
think it's never a bad decision to get in touch with yourself, even though you might don't want to admit something or look so closely.

On the other hand, maybe you're just focusing too much on the bad things going on - there are many good things as well, many situations to make you smile and even laugh about. Guess that's the way it is - being happy and being sad are just sides on the same medal, after all.
"God send euery gentleman,
Such haukes, such hounds, and such a Leman." - The Three Ravens
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Browse the threads that are a few weeks older... Yeah, many people felt a bit depressed or contemplated over their own lifes (me too). I just sat around and think about stuff for a while. But in this case you should use KS a catalyst and change your own life for the better. For example, take on Emi's couch to 5k running program! :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
KILLTHIS

Post by KILLTHIS »

gRaViJa wrote:Browse the threads that are a few weeks older... Yeah, many people felt a bit depressed or contemplated over their own lifes (me too). I just sat around and think about stuff for a while. But in this case you should use KS a catalyst and change your own life for the better. For example, take on Emi's couch to 5k running program! :)
Yeah, or start something else. Draw for example... start a diary, geesh, I don't know. There are dozens of ways to do what you deem necessary! :D
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Yea i feel that cause i didn't want it to end :/, to bad there most likely never be a KS2....
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
KILLTHIS

Post by KILLTHIS »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Yea i feel that cause i didn't want it to end :/, to bad there most likely never be a KS2....
In your mind there ALWAYS will be a second KS - not literally speaking, but I think you're able to make something your own.
Wander

Post by Wander »

I've been generally depressed for more than a year. KS is at no fault.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

KILLTHIS wrote:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Yea i feel that cause i didn't want it to end :/, to bad there most likely never be a KS2....
In your mind there ALWAYS will be a second KS - not literally speaking, but I think you're able to make something your own.
Maybe fanfic-writing is a good thing for you? Or, make your own the live the visual novel you want to play. Chase the perfect end of your own story! :)
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
KILLTHIS

Post by KILLTHIS »

gRaViJa wrote:
KILLTHIS wrote:
Maybe fanfix writing is a good thing for you? Or, make your own the live the visual novel you want to play. Chase the perfect end of your own story! :)
Do whatever you want to - it's your fantasy and your very own world where things emerge from, change things like you want - Maybe giving the protagonist a critical heart attack while having a fight with the one he loves or give him a goddamn battlemech to run down the streets with - it's all up to you, no borders, no limitation. Just your own imagination - which is endless like the sky.

Man, I should get a job for blabbering such things...
Last edited by KILLTHIS on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

There's plenty of threads like this, you're not alone, feel free to talk about it if you want.

Whether it inspires you, uncorks some long-building feelings or just gives you 'the feels', someone else has probably had similar.
guest2803

Post by guest2803 »

One way to get over post-story depression is to read another story (or in this case, another VN).
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

remember its just a game .... maybe because im a little older it didn't affect me as much ( with shizune bad ending the only one hitting close to home for me ) but life goes on
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

I did, briefly, for reasons I'm not sure I actually understand. So I got help. Truth be told, I needed it anyway, and I knew that; this was just the swift kick in the butt I needed to actually go and seek it out.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

I did end up getting pretty depressed right during Rin's arc and it made it worse. I confessed that i had a crush on this girl i liked for a while and it led to some problems, ende dup breaking contact with her completely. Was depressed for a while, but i just forced it out of my mind and moved on, not sure if it was the best way to deal with it. All the feels i got during Rin's arc made it feel worse.

As far as feeling sad when it was over i did, since i wanted to spend more time with the characters, thats what usually happens when i find something i like, but then i just move on to something new, started watching Hetalia after and moved on.
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

gRaViJa wrote:
KILLTHIS wrote:
Maybe fanfic-writing is a good thing for you? Or, make your own the live the visual novel you want to play. Chase the perfect end of your own story! :)

True i could alway continue the story with Hanako, but me as the main character lol XD, or maybe start a new year at Yamaku with new students
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....