Question For Everybody

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Camoufrage

Re: Question For Everybody

Post by Camoufrage »

ShadeHaven wrote:I felt hella depressed. The first wave of depression came near the end of Rin's route. It was the scene where she had came to Hisao's room after walking in the rain. The second and final wave came during the credits of Hanako's arc. I had saved her for last and it didn't hit me that the experience was mostly over until the credits rolled.
Same, I went about a week or so where I just felt like pure death. Im not sure why, a game (or whatever you want to call it) has never hit me that hard before. Hanako and Lilly had me the most (yeah its cliche, but its SO damn cute!) Hanako just did something for me where I just felt for her, and made me want to help someone like her in real life. So I got frustrated LOL. Not many unique people where I live, everyone is just the same.

But Im so happy I found it, probably one of the greatest experiences of 2012 so far, which has been uber shitty in a lotta ways.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Camoufrage wrote:Same, I went about a week or so where I just felt like pure death. Im not sure why, a game (or whatever you want to call it) has never hit me that hard before. Hanako and Lilly had me the most (yeah its cliche, but its SO damn cute!) Hanako just did something for me where I just felt for her, and made me want to help someone like her in real life. So I got frustrated LOL. Not many unique people where I live, everyone is just the same.

But Im so happy I found it, probably one of the greatest experiences of 2012 so far, which has been uber shitty in a lotta ways.
I thought the same thing. Cliche or not, they evoked the most emotion in my eyes. Lilly's scene in the wheat field was when I was most emotional. But Hanako's route was just a full ride of gradually increasing feelings and emotions. I'd argue its the best route in the VN. If there were actually people like this in my life, I think it'd be worth waking up in the morning. And this is definitely the best thing I've played in 2012 no doubt. It'll probably stay that way for years to come.
acewing905

Post by acewing905 »

Sorry for the bump, but I'd like to say/ask something about this too. For like a week, I did nothing but play KS and browse the KS forum, so now I'm trying hard to take a break. But damn, after I finished, I was feeling terrible for like no reason, though I got all five good endings on the first runs themselves without any guides. I wonder why that is. It's getting better now, though.
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

acewing905 wrote:Sorry for the bump, but I'd like to say/ask something about this too. For like a week, I did nothing but play KS and browse the KS forum, so now I'm trying hard to take a break. But damn, after I finished, I was feeling terrible for like no reason, though I got all five good endings on the first runs themselves without any guides. I wonder why that is. It's getting better now, though.
I think it's like when you finish a good book series or the last episode of something you really like.
You're happy how things turned out, but you still get that little sad feeling that there isn't more.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

I actually felt i dunno, mixed emotions I guess. Happy that I got good ending with Emi. Sad coz it ain't happening in real life. Emotionally happy (if that made sense.) coz Emi's gonna have a nice future in her end. And a bit depressed that in reality, there a lot of people out there that has problems like these.

But as Gravija we should use this as a catalyst to improve our lives! Which I am now doing by jogging in the morning.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Enemy | wrote:
acewing905 wrote:Sorry for the bump, but I'd like to say/ask something about this too. For like a week, I did nothing but play KS and browse the KS forum, so now I'm trying hard to take a break. But damn, after I finished, I was feeling terrible for like no reason, though I got all five good endings on the first runs themselves without any guides. I wonder why that is. It's getting better now, though.
I think it's like when you finish a good book series or the last episode of something you really like.
You're happy how things turned out, but you still get that little sad feeling that there isn't more.
That one too! That's the perfect emotion I can describe when I finished it.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
yummines

Post by yummines »

i dont think its depression. its more like a kind of emptiness when you realize that your life is nothing like this. I myself have never had such a deep relationship with anybody, and relationships i had with girls always ended neutrally or badly. Also you kind of wish the story wouldn't end, because you feel so attached to the characters and want to see what happens next.

The same thing happened to me when i finished Toradora! it was a great series, having a romantic pretense with dark backstories (in fact the character and background of Taiga and Minori are very similar to Shizune and Misha) and focusing more on character development rather than plot.

however its nothing to get down on yourself for. its fiction, and i still have hope for deep relationships with someone, even if that person isnt a girl. somewhat.
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

I was pretty depressed during my playthrough and afterwards for about 2 weeks. I'd think about things like the possibility of never having a rewarding relationship, or the fact that these girls don't exist. I would lie in bed for hours upon hours, just listening to depressing music and feeling lifeless. After awhile though, those feelings went away, and although the game certainly had a lasting effect, and still crosses my mind to this day, the depression doesn't linger; I've taken the positive things away from the game while leaving the negative aspects behind, and I think most people do the same. If you find yourself depressed say, a month after finishing, then you might be a unique case, but a bit of KS depression is totally normal.
zephiroth93

Post by zephiroth93 »

yummines wrote:i dont think its depression. its more like a kind of emptiness when you realize that your life is nothing like this. I myself have never had such a deep relationship with anybody, and relationships i had with girls always ended neutrally or badly. Also you kind of wish the story wouldn't end, because you feel so attached to the characters and want to see what happens next.

The same thing happened to me when i finished Toradora! it was a great series, having a romantic pretense with dark backstories (in fact the character and background of Taiga and Minori are very similar to Shizune and Misha) and focusing more on character development rather than plot.

however its nothing to get down on yourself for. its fiction, and i still have hope for deep relationships with someone, even if that person isnt a girl. somewhat.

yes..i'm really agree with you there. Its not like i feel depressed, but rather feeling empty. During the playtime of KS, it filled me up with something, mostly emotions that i never felt before. and when it ended, i came back feeling empty, because the factor that kept me filled up was already over. Knowing that there are no second KS or any other product such as this make this feeling even worse.

Now it might not be related with this thread, but i want to ask you guys if there is other VN with storyline and artworks such as KS?..i've played so much VN and eroge such as Tsukihime, Ever 17, Memories Off, Soul Link, Clannad, etc.... but none of theme are unique like this one. i want to fill my emptiness with something, even it might not last long.
Pardon my grammar, or my vocabularies or sentence structure. I'm not good with English.

Human nature, they don't realize the value of something unless they lost it.
majin

Post by majin »

I realize that this is old but I just wanted to thank everyone for there posts. It has really summed up how I felt after my first play was with Emi's good ending. I hope I do get over the sadness but keep what I learned, it really did teach me a lot and me me just overwhelmingly emotional.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

I'm really glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels this way. It seems to happen to me everytime I find a truly emotional movie, game, or book. I've lived in that world for so many days or even weeks that theres a real sense of loss when I have to leave it, knowing there's no more. I'm only about 39% through KS, but I know i'm going to be a mess once I finish that final arc.
Last edited by pandaphil on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
twoleafclover

Post by twoleafclover »

I've got this feeling before with a lot of things. Books, movies, whatever. That empty and aching feeling after a pretty incredible piece of art is rather natural. If you want to relieve that experience, I'd recommend fan communities (comme celui-ci), fan art, and fanfiction. Sometimes it can feel a tad obsessive, though - in which case, pick up something different. I've sometimes clutched hold of treasured novels too long and squeezed any joy pretty much out of them.

Don't worry, it's not abnormal. Just check yourself to feel if you're uncomfortable with how much you're thinking about what's justa nother vidyya gaem.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Deviantart.com is a good place to try. Its crazy how much fanart is out there.

I think perhaps 'haunted' is the word we're looking for here. It effects your sleeping and waking hours and you just want to go back and spend more time with your friends from the game. It's actually a lot like what real life love is like (or so I've heard).
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Banryu

Post by Banryu »

In a way, yes.

I think what it stems down to is ultimately no true feeling of finality or closure... at least for me.
I recently read through the 4LS blog, and got to the part about 'Graduation Day'-- how releasing KS was a graduation of sorts for 4LS, just as the characters themselves are graduating at the end of the story. I would have loved to see like a graduation epilogue scene to tie together all the routes, with of course the different outcomes for each of the routes, but largely the same events, much like Act 1. It seems like 4LS had the idea, given that Aura (or was it someone else? I could be wrong...) posted it as such, and even imagined his (her?) thoughts on what graduation would have been like for the Yamaku cast. I'd have loved to see something like that, as that lack of finality was the only problem I really had with KS.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like the endings weren't skillfully satisfying (or tragic, if we're talking the bad ends), and I definitely liked them-- More than anything, they left me wanting more. And while that's definitely the mark of great writing, I think that's also the flaw in this instance-- we're (or I am, at least) left wanting more because of the relative lack of closure.

That's just how I feel, anyway. I feel like I needed a reason to NOT want to see more, especially since 4LS has no plans to pursue the KS world any further.
Holy shit how do I practically have 50 posts already
Goddammit KS stop consuming my life
I mean it
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:Deviantart.com is a good place to try. Its crazy how much fanart is out there.

I think perhaps 'haunted' is the word we're looking for here. It effects your sleeping and waking hours and you just want to go back and spend more time with your friends from the game. It's actually a lot like what real life love is like (or so I've heard).
Not to mention that it does feel kinda weird that only one or two girls benefitted from Hisao's friendship on any one route. The epilogue I want to see is one where everyone overcame their own demons, and graduate with a "I can take on the world" attitude.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."