Honjou Raita 本庄雷太

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Reewee

Honjou Raita 本庄雷太

Post by Reewee »

Just curious but has there actually been an official response from the man himself about the project, or if he has actually played the game.
Because I haven't actually found one yet.
I think it'll be interesting to know what he thinks of it.
Nekken

Re: Honjou Raita 本庄雷太

Post by Nekken »

IIRC there hasn't been one, and probably never will be. RAITA has gone professional, and most ex-doujinshi artists take pains to avoid connecting themselves with that particular aspect of their past.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

He could also be waiting for a Japanese release lol.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Seeing the blacklash that Katawa Shoujo had in Japan (because lolicon hentai, Rapelay, Bible Black and other horrfic hentai visual novels are SO much innocent compare to KS.), I don't think Raita wanna be associated with KS.
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

Tony Taka has no problem doing 'real work' and still doing doujins. Though the man is a godly artist.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Snow_Storm wrote:Seeing the blacklash that Katawa Shoujo had in Japan (because lolicon hentai, Rapelay, Bible Black and other horrfic hentai visual novels are SO much innocent compare to KS.), I don't think Raita wanna be associated with KS.
Really? I hadn't heard of any serious blacklash beyond the early 2ch moaning and groaning about "stupid weeaboos" and whatnot. If anything, I heard that KS had gained quite the following over there for simply being so good. Maybe I'm reading the wrong stuff?
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Initally there was mainly negative criticism over KS in Japan, but that kinda shifted since the full release though (from the sources that I have, that is).
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Sankaku Complex claimed there was a huge backlash, but my understanding is that most of the backlash was over the name (which, as it is well known, is hugely offensive in Japanese) and initial concept, but things calmed down after a few people who actually knew English got to play it.

There was a fairly funny thread in KSGenerals on /vg/ a few days back where some people went over to 2ch and read a google translated version of their thread about KS.

The Japanese seem to really like Rin. :D
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

themocaw wrote:
Nice to see that the Japanese have taste.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

themocaw wrote:Sankaku Complex claimed there was a huge backlash, but my understanding is that most of the backlash was over the name (which, as it is well known, is hugely offensive in Japanese) and initial concept, but things calmed down after a few people who actually knew English got to play it.

There was a fairly funny thread in KSGenerals on /vg/ a few days back where some people went over to 2ch and read a google translated version of their thread about KS.

(emphasis mine)

Ok, now I would not have guessed that. I would have thought Emi (both genki and moe all the time) would have been the more popular one. Go figure.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Bigbishounen wrote:
themocaw wrote:

Ok, now I would not have guessed that. I would have thought Emi (both genki and moe all the time) would have been the more popular one. Go figure.
Well, while the Japanese seem to have a preference for loli type characters, Emi is a slut. :lol:
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

encrypted12345 wrote:
Bigbishounen wrote:
themocaw wrote:

Well, while the Japanese seem to have a preference for loli type characters, Emi is a slut. :lol:
Heh. Yeah, and Rin does seem to have a bit of that "Rei Ayanami" vibe going too. We all know how insanely popular Rei is.

Anyone have a link to the translated 2ch conversation? I'd be interested in reading that.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Bigbishounen wrote:
Heh. Yeah, and Rin does seem to have a bit of that "Rei Ayanami" vibe going too. We all know how insanely popular Rei is.

Anyone have a link to the translated 2ch conversation? I'd be interested in reading that.
can I have the link? I want to read it :3
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Zoram

Post by Zoram »

themocaw wrote:Sankaku Complex

Here lies a fallacy: taking Sankaku Complex as a good, serious, trusted source. As one of the Devs put it, it's a tabloid. And one infested with the worst weeabo-ism and hatred of China as well. Of course it's better not generalize, but I'm sure some people there would hate on KS just because it's not made in Glorious Japan.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Daitengu wrote:Tony Taka has no problem doing 'real work' and still doing doujins. Though the man is a godly artist.
Yeah, there are a couple that manage to get away with that. CLAMP is another example. That's why I said there would probably never be an official response, rather than definitely. Pro artists who embrace their doujin past are rare.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.