What Genre/Kind of music do the Girls listen to?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

The O.H.L.

What Genre/Kind of music do the Girls listen to?

Post by The O.H.L. »

It's been on my mind for a long time now, but I've always wondered what kind of music the main characters would listen to (except Shicchan for obvious reasons). Let me know if it has been done before.
My thoughts would probably be:

Misha - Generic Pop music e.g. Katy Perry, Justin Beiber, etc

Lilly - Classical Piano or Jazz

Hanako - I can't think of anything specific, but probably quiet calm music

Rin - Absolutely anything and everything. Perhaps all at once.

Emi - Either more pop music or stuff like Calvin Harris. I can't quite place my finger on why though.

Hisao - Your music tastes. Duh.

Shizune - Silence cos she's DEAF! (Sorry Shizune fans).

I understand that the game is set in Japan, but imagine them with Western style tastes.
Please state your ideas and and don't kill me Shizune fans.

Edit: If you want to, feel free to state your taste in music.
Last edited by The O.H.L. on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
Exbando

Re: What Genre/Kind of music do the Girls listen to?

Post by Exbando »

Hanako would listen to stuff like Slipknot.
Lilly would listen to something calm.
Rin would listen to anything.
Emi would listen to pop, most likely.
Misha would listen to more pop music.
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

You fail.

Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

The O.H.L. wrote:Misha - Generic Pop music e.g. Katy Perry, Justin Beiber, etc
I think Misha would rather cut her hair bald rather than hearing J.B.
The O.H.L. wrote:Shizune - Silence cos she's DEAF! (Sorry Shizune fans).
Why would she need to listen to something else? When she can listen to the music of LOVE!

Thus, Shizune is canon 8)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

metalangel wrote:
You fail.

Now how the hell am I meant to know that exists? Also, I said listen to. But, yes, I fail.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

The O.H.L. wrote:
metalangel wrote:
Now how the hell am I meant to know that exists? Also, I said listen to. But, yes, I fail.
You're not expected to know it. I thought the "ha ha no music for deafies" tone was unnecessary so thought I'd let you know about the music videos :)
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

I imagine Hanako listening to classic rock like Pink Floyd, The Eagles etc. Maybe Emi would like Drum and Bass.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

Wow, well it seems I was the only one who thought that way about Hanako. I was thinking quiet or calm music because of her social anxiety and she probably wouldn't want to be left in a vulnerable position, consider those bands have fairly loud music and she doesn't like to be surprised by someone sneaking up on her.
I said Misha would like J.B. because she seems like the kind of girl easily swayed by public perception. Bear in mind I haven't finished Shizune's route yet, just half way through act 2 so far.

And for reference, I like any sort of music from Rage Against the Machine, Pendulum, Korn, Gorrilaz, Electric Six, Frankie Valley and the Four Seasons, pretty much anything. But I hate pop. Just putting it out there to let you know I wasn't being biased with the choices for the girls.

And it was a terrible jab at deaf people and I'm sorry. It was only meant as a joke.
As this is sort of on topic, here you go http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... ch=shizune
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Misha - Pop, RnB, hip-hop
Rin - Hipster shit or stoner music
Hnako - Death Metal, Gangsta rap (it's always the quiet ones...)
Lilly - Classical, jazz, symphonic shit
Emi - Pop
Shizune - I can imagine her enjoying the vibrations of sound waves hitting her body.
amentoraz

Post by amentoraz »

Emi - I don't think she'd pay much attention to discovering music so it'd be pretty standard/mainstream, whatever that is

Hanako - I see her listening to relaxing music. For example Carbon Based Lifeforms,

Lilly - I agree on jazz, classic stuff

Rin - I think she'd probably love TooL,

Misha - Something upbeat but I can't really picture what. Maybe electronic music such like deadmau5, prodigy, or pendulum, but I can't really locate her
zanger

Post by zanger »

Exbando wrote:Hanako would listen to stuff like Slipknot.
That's extremely doubtful. There's nothing about her character that would suggest she would even listen to something like Slipknot. She would listen to something calm yet wistful, like Portishead or AIR.
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Emi - Something classic rock-esque. Queen, The Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival. Pretty similar to the lighter side of my taste.

Rin - Something from the sixties or seventies, that whole Psychedelic Rock thing. Not old enough or into it enough to name a band.

Lilly - Something with a lot of piano and not much tempo. Tori Amos maybe? Otherwise some classical stuff, Vivaldi and Wagner and the like.

Hanako - Something with guitars and distortion. Nirvana, Metallica, Marilyn Manson maybe? Pretty similar to the harder side of my taste.

Misha - Something light and boppy. That pop trash. You know the type, Kylie Minogue, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and such.

Shizune - Wahaha~!
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
zanger

Post by zanger »

Rin would listen to metal cans banging together in the wind and ask whether music is what the listener perceives it as, or if it is simply because the author desires it so.
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
amentoraz

Post by amentoraz »

zanger wrote:Rin would listen to metal cans banging together in the wind and ask whether music is what the listener perceives it as, or if it is simply because the author desires it so.
Now that you say that, its likely she would listen to Merzbow, bonus points for him being japanese
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

zanger wrote:Rin would listen to metal cans banging together in the wind and ask whether music is what the listener perceives it as, or if it is simply because the author desires it so.
Kinda sounds like - STOMP to me.

Also Hanako looks the most tricky, since she's not showing much about her real self. Her playing pool, or doing karaoke was a shock.
gRaViJa wrote:I imagine Hanako listening to classic rock like Pink Floyd, The Eagles etc.
Looks feasible for me. Also I can easily imagine her listening to Nirvana's Lithium, with big headphones on, (and doors locked probably).

I bet there was a topic about it already but I gave up on the "search" option long ago, too many words being omitted in it's engine for it to be working properly.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.