Remove Adult Content?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Remove Adult Content?

Post by Xanatos » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:30 pm

OtakuNinja wrote:I prefer using the weather machine. Fireballs falling from the sky... :lol:
...There's a weather machine? o.o

(Also, I built a basement prison and have systematically locked up all the neighbors' kids. So far, four have gained imaginary friends. :lol:)
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

User avatar
TunaSandwich
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Remove Adult Content?

Post by TunaSandwich » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:34 pm

OtakuNinja wrote:I prefer using the weather machine. Fireballs falling from the sky... :lol:
I once wiped three countries off the game with nuclear weapons in Civ 5.I laughed maniacly as their countrys leaders begged me for mercy...
Maybe it's time for me to see the therapist :/ or a doctor.

Meh, destroying countries and killing millions of civilians is just way too fun :mrgreen:
If i had to only keep one of my senses it would be my hearing.
Can't live without music.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2526
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: Remove Adult Content?

Post by Silentcook » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Oi. We're straying a ways off any beaten path here.
Shattering your dreams since '94.

Image

User avatar
OtakuNinja
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Remove Adult Content?

Post by OtakuNinja » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Aw, he found out. :(
Image
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer

User avatar
Heartless Wanderer
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:35 pm
Location: Beverly, New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Remove Adult Content?

Post by Heartless Wanderer » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Yeah, back on topic. The adult content in KS itself.

Well, in truth, I do think the censorship could have at least been more thorough for the sake of completeness. In its present state it just sort of feels tacked-on. I don't by any means agree with instantly shutting the game off and declaring it taboo just because of a few idle-pose nude dialogue portraits, but whatever, I've said my piece on that already.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]

User avatar
Megumeru
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am
Location: Land of the Rising Sun

Re: Remove Adult Content?

Post by Megumeru » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:31 am

Nothing's wrong with the adult content in KS, really. I'm kinda' wondering why some people actually have trouble with it.

It's like the adult content in Tomoyo After or Little Buster.


Still a tear-jerking story and still very much an effective delivery.
Image
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story

User avatar
Reksho
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:36 am
Contact:

Re: Remove Adult Content?

Post by Reksho » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:39 am

Heartless Wanderer wrote:Failing to see any relevance to the subject of rape. Clearly, the presence of clothing hasn't done a single fucking thing to mitigate that particular issue.
I actually wanted to make a point with that subject in mind, but I forgot about it when typing the rest of the post. I honestly don't remember anymore what I wanted to say with it so just disregard that part please.
Heartless Wanderer wrote:You're not quite understanding me--more specifically you're taking my view on it and stretching it to an unneeded extreme. I'm not saying we should all walk around with our junk hanging out; I'm saying we should at least get to a point where we don't either shy away on reflex or giggle like hyperactive schoolgirls when stuff like this comes up. Metaphorically speaking.

I don't think that's a whole lot to ask.
Well, why DO people giggle like schoolgirls when talking about sex? You could blame it partly on that which you are trying to point out in your post: a prudish upbringing with parents shunning every little thing related to sex which just makes it all the more appealing (what you can't have is what you want to have). However, I think there is a physical component in play regardless of the reputation sex has within your upbringing. Sex means intimacy, warmth and trust (in most cases). If you consider that laughter can be a natural reaction to a situation that is potentially uncomfortable, these people might be lacking those things that sex provides. It can't be a continuation of their days as a child because sex is all around us, whether you want it to be or not. So adults get used to it to a certain extent which partly removes the implanted prudishness.

So, children laugh because they are taught sex is something to be avoided. Adults laugh because they potentially find it awkward. And this can be because of many things: lacking the benefits of sex, not wanting to bring the attention on themselves with this subject or just being childish after all.

Xanatos wrote:I can turn on my TV right now and grab Hostel or Texas Chainsaw Massacre uncensored off the on-demand menu. Blood and gore everywhere, really sick and violent shit, torture and everything. And people seem to have no problem with that. Hell, I can even buy potentially-deadly drugs legal from a store. Again, not a problem to people. Yet when anyone catches so much as a glimpse of basic human anatomy, they start raving about how it needs to be censored and removed. "Waaa, there's a naked person! I should complain and demand censorship because I'm apparently deathly afraid of the human body!"
What are you talking about? Are those violent movies not rated appropriately? Do those potentially-deadly drugs not have an age restriction? It is the same for nudity in media. It has been rated and been given an advice for whom this is safe to see. I can understand your point that because all humans will be nude in their lives and not all humans will commit such violence or consume those drugs, nudity should be normal in media.

But nudity is more complex than that. It displays the human being in their purest physical form which is a huge factory of emotional reactions to another human being. There is lust, intimacy, aspiration, jealousy, idealization and so on. It isn't so simple as a baby's nude body. And because nudity is something that has a higher chance to appear in your life than murder or illegal drugs, the showing of actual nudity can be shocking BECAUSE it actually is in reach.

Also, people don't necessarily share the opinion of how shocking violence and drugs is as you describe it to be. This is partly because of the society you live in and partly because of the group of people you interact with. If you show someone who never plays videogames murder in a videogame, they will most likely find it more shocking than people who play videogames all the time. It is a matter of accustomization and the Western society finds violence and such normal because the amount of portrayel of that in the media is so high.

User avatar
Heartless Wanderer
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:35 pm
Location: Beverly, New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Remove Adult Content?

Post by Heartless Wanderer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Reksho wrote:Well, why DO people giggle like schoolgirls when talking about sex? You could blame it partly on that which you are trying to point out in your post: a prudish upbringing with parents shunning every little thing related to sex which just makes it all the more appealing (what you can't have is what you want to have). However, I think there is a physical component in play regardless of the reputation sex has within your upbringing. Sex means intimacy, warmth and trust (in most cases). If you consider that laughter can be a natural reaction to a situation that is potentially uncomfortable, these people might be lacking those things that sex provides. It can't be a continuation of their days as a child because sex is all around us, whether you want it to be or not. So adults get used to it to a certain extent which partly removes the implanted prudishness.

So, children laugh because they are taught sex is something to be avoided. Adults laugh because they potentially find it awkward.
...because they were taught that sex is something to be avoided and/or hidden beneath an opaque sheet. It wouldn't be nearly as awkward half as often in the first place if they'd been used to an environment where people treat it like the natural part of life that it is rather than something sacred that needs to be handled with silk gloves whenever it's taken out of the back room for examination.
And this can be because of many things: lacking the benefits of sex, not wanting to bring the attention on themselves with this subject or just being childish after all.
Well, I wouldn't want to try boiling anything like this down to a single-sentence summary, so yes, there are other factors. I believe that certain factors play a larger role in the big picture than others, though.
[Emibro], [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], [Rin Kin], Feminist, Two-timer

In other words, [Manly Picnic]

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Remove Adult Content?

Post by Xanatos » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Reksho wrote:What are you talking about?
The worthlessness of mindless shame and the stupidity of those who succumb to it.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

Post Reply