In a year of so will you still play this game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ShadeHaven

Re: In a year of so will you still play this game?

Post by ShadeHaven »

Melkboy wrote:Will I ever.I am actually refraining myself from rereading Rin's arc again because I want the story to fade from my memory a bit.It's really hard.I really wanna read it.It's been...13 days,since I last read it.Yeah I don't think I'll last a year.
I'm in the same boat, except it's been more like 5 months. Curse my selective memory.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I'll probably read it again, but I don't know when. I tried reading Lilly's route again, but I wasn't motivated enough, so I stopped in Arc 2. :(
I haven't even read any VN since I finished my first route in Kanon, and that was in June. :?
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Well now that I'm a fan of the VN medium I definitely plan to replay KS in Janurary next year (aniversary of when I first booted it up to be exact, although I'm not quite sure why I remember the exact day), should be fun to see how it compares to the others I have played.
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

I always replay games, reread books, and rewatch movies. Ks is staying installed for a long time to come.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Probably.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

Katawa shoujo has changed my outlook on life. It's something I think everyone should read.

I will read it every year or so, sorta like how I've rewatched clannad.
yummines

Post by yummines »

if im bored, yes.

i tend to forget things very easily, including important plot points

also i still haven't beaten Lily's route. should get on to that sometime. don't have as much motivation because i know Rin will always be my favorite cripple
Loonie

Post by Loonie »

Will I play it every day/week/month? No.

Will I play it every year? Absolutely and without exception.
Kadadj

Post by Kadadj »

I doubt it, I've finished the stories I wanted to play. The feels are wearing off, and I see the game for what it is, rather for what it makes me feel like. Still the most powerful piece of media my brain has ever absorbed emotionally.
It just makes me sad, I want to feel those feels because of something real, I want to love something real, and this game makes me more motivated to try and achieve something like that.
Maybe I'll play it again in a few years, but I doubt it.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

If I finished my current fic an am writing a new one, I'll definitely will. Other than that, still reading them...reference material-wise
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

I actually first played it when it came out, and recently I just replayed the whole thing... well I have to finish Shizune's route, but I've finished every other route.

9 months isn't quite a year, but close enough that I'd say I've already played this game in a year. And in about another year, I could see myself playing it again.
sidvanhalen

Post by sidvanhalen »

Yes.
Masamune Shin

Post by Masamune Shin »

Maybe, because I'm a little slow to finishing a single route and I want to have the 100%. The first time I played KS, it lasted about a month until I completed the Emi's Good Ending, so... :wink:
There are no good or bad people, just what we want to see of them.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I can't believe that it's October already. It's been... what... 10 months since it came out?

Something that's 'just' a game has already changed my life a lot. Not just in terms of outside changes, but inside my head as well.

I'd intended to play it before now, but I'm going to be horrendously busy over the next month or so, and very busy around Christmas, so I can see it not getting played for a bit yet.

But I fully intend to start again in the New Year, 1 year anniversary. It'll be interesting to look at my life, and see what has changed in that year and what hasn't.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

I'll play it again, maybe in less than a year, maybe a bit more.

Honestly, I'm more interested to see who will be on this forum in a year and whether or not the community stagnates or dies.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."