Which relationship do you think will last?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which relationship do you think will last the longest?

Hanako
26%
Emi
12%
Shizune
4%
Lilly
29%
Rin
3%
All of the Above
8%
None (They are all just first loves)
3%
Or More than one of the above
14%

Total votes: 594

inquisitivenegro

Re: Which relationship do you think will last?

Post by inquisitivenegro »

While i'd like to think that HanakoxHisao will be forever, realistically there will be too many issues especially external factors that will eventually threaten their relationship.
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Specter Von Baren

Post by Specter Von Baren »

metalangel wrote:Anyone saying Shizune and Hisao don't have a relationship need to read Weekend at Hisao's.
So you're attempting to justify their relationship in the game with a fan made story?................... UAAAAAGH! I have to do this.

Titus

Post by Titus »

Specter Von Baren wrote:
metalangel wrote:Anyone saying Shizune and Hisao don't have a relationship need to read Weekend at Hisao's.
So you're attempting to justify their relationship in the game with a fan made story?................... UAAAAAGH! I have to do this.
Let us have our fun :mrgreen:
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Specter Von Baren wrote:

[img]
Didn't you hear? Fanfiction is now consider canon!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

This one's important to note, though, because in most works it would not be considered a major flaw: the kind of pseudo-flaw that many authors would use to mask a Mary Sue. But within the specific context of this game, which speaks out so vehemently against pity for the disabled, for Lilly to be a white knight (which, frankly, she is) becomes quite a serious flaw: far worse than it would be elsewhere. One might be able to work that "flaw" into a Sue in other works, but not here: here, pity is an instant disqualifier.
Indeed. It seems somewhat telling that the only friends Lilly keeps close are people who she knows depend on her.
Another thing to note that stands out as a rather large flaw is that Lilly simply doesn't share her problems with people. She doesn't let other people know that she needs them. She tries to keep up the appearance of always knowing what to do and how to handle everything. What makes this even worse is that Hanako, apparently her best friend, really needs to feel needed and could use somebody that she could share her problems with. We've seen her shopping with Hisao, and have to assume that she typically shops with Hanako the same way. It's not like she doesn't want or need help shopping, just that she doesn't seem open about needing it.
True dat. I think with Lilly there's a clear distinction of what issues she does and doesn't share with people. Since she's very comfortable with her own disability, she's very comfortable seeking practical help for anything her blindness won't allow her to do. (such as browsing shelves in a supermarket) What she has severe trouble with is seeking help with troubling stuff not related to her blindness. (like her growing anxiety over her departure in her own route) And BECAUSE she's so comfortable asking for help on practical issues, people probably assume she's equally comfortable asking for help on other issues and assume Lilly not speaking up about her problems simply means she doesn't have them. (the fact it's hard to look through her poker face makes that even worse) Lils has as much fear of being a burden to others as Hanako does, but is better at hiding it. (possibly she feels like her being a burden to her parents caused them to leave her and Akira behind) But the fact that she has to admit in Hanako's route that she doesn't really know that much about her best friend's past, despite the fact that it's made obvious that the key to getting to know Hanako better is as simple as an equal give-and-take exchange shows that, despite Lilly being the only girl who apparantly has many friends, Lilly isn 't really all that much better at making deep friendships than Emi is since she has equally as much trouble showing non-blindness related vulnerability to others.
fabio.salvador

Post by fabio.salvador »

I think Hanako´s gonna last longer... she trusts him and he knows she can not live without him.
If I were free to choose, whenever any character did anything to hurt Hanako, I would be able to call that person outdoors and the game screen would change to Street-Fighter-esque mode.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

fabio.salvador wrote:I think Hanako´s gonna last longer... she trusts him and he knows she can not live without him.
While I do believe Hanako would have a lasting relationship with Hisao, the ending of Lilly's path clearly proves that Hanako can manage on her own just fine.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

None are statistically likely to last, but I'm not really one to talk on that subject since mine lasted (much to the dismay of the betting pool that some teachers and students at our high school had apparently set up). If I had to say that some were more likely than others, I'd put my odds on either Lilly's or Emi's. Lilly's relationship is a stable one that has, by the end of the game, already gone through a trial by fire. Emi's relationship isn't as stable as Lilly's, but has likewise gone through its own set of trials; that's a couple which is stronger for the break.

Rin and Hisao will slowly drift away from romance, but not from each other. They won't even realize they've broken up until a month or so after it happens, and they'll remain close friends for life. So this is still a happy ending of sorts, if an unconventional one.

Hanako and Hisao will end in heartbreak. In the less-bad scenario, Hanako realizes that she's basically imprinted on him and that this isn't a healthy thing to base a relationship on, and needs to get some space: this will ultimately be good for her, but will shatter Hisao. In the more-bad scenario this doesn't happen, but things continue to build until they explode. Misstep is only delayed, not averted, and is far nastier when it actually occurs: Hisao still winds up shattered, and I'm not sure Hanako even survives.

Shizune's relationship has already not lasted: while they break up amicably in their good ending, a breakup still occurs no matter what you do.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Lilly and Hisao's will no doubt last. She decided to turn her back on her family at the last moment and stay with Hisao. Taking your lover over your family is really saying something. She is truly, deeply in love with him, all furthered by how she tells him to stop apologizing for who he is, and how hurt she looks every time he does.

Hanako and Hisao's will last too. They may have never said they loved each other out loud, they said it with their actions. For her to bare herself to him, to show her naked body to him said that. You dont just bare yourself to someone like that, especially with all those scars unless you truly love and trust them, especially someone like Hanako who is shy and timid to the extreme.

Emi and Hisao will last. Emi opened up to Hisao after some time. He just had to learn that he had to let her open up when she was damn good and ready to do so, and couldnt push her to do so. The relationship forced them both to learn things that they desperately needed to learn, they both helped each other in more than one way. Someone said Emi seems like a slut, I disagree. She is just a bit more open with her body than most people are, and thats it. Unabashed /= slut.

Rin and Hisao. Maybe. Ive only played through her path once. Id have to go through again to really form my opinion here.

Shizune and Hisao. No, sorry. She doesnt really seem into it, it seems very one sided. He is looking for love, where as she seems to just be looking for someone to have sex with and compete with.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

In the less-bad scenario, Hanako realizes that she's basically imprinted on him and that this isn't a healthy thing to base a relationship on, and needs to get some space: this will ultimately be good for her, but will shatter Hisao. In the more-bad scenario this doesn't happen, but things continue to build until they explode. Misstep is only delayed, not averted, and is far nastier when it actually occurs: Hisao still winds up shattered, and I'm not sure Hanako even survives.
I disagree. The good ending shows Hanako worrying about her being too shy and Hisao saying he has faith she'll be able to open up to others like she opened up to him and he'll be there to support her in doing so. At that point Hisao has already learned that Hanako sometimes needs some space to deal with her baggage. (which is why he didn't visit her room during her birthday)

How well you think Hisao and Hanako do is somewhat dependant on what you think makes a stronger relationship...a relation between two extremely different people or a relation between two extremely similar people. The similarity can create an extremely strong bond, but can be inconvenient at times.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Specter Von Baren wrote:
No, I will happily justify it without. I've made plenty of posts doing just that elsewhere. Weekend at Hisao's is just a good way of hammering home a lot of the connections they shared that a lot of players seemed to miss.

PS: No, you didn't.
Doraleous

Post by Doraleous »

Most boring relationship lasts the most, Lilly's ofc.

Unbelievably perfect blind girl from an unbelievably perfect world with an unimaginably caring and motherly nature and, to top it off, seamlessly polite and measured manners will always win as the best romantic partner.

But that's also because she's the least verisimilar character D:

Nah, don't bring the "come back to Scotland, dearie" up, that was the cheapest excuse for a misadventure in all of the routes
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Lilly's not perfect. Her flaws simply take more effort to notice than Shizune's. But not that much more effort if you pay attention.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Guest Poster wrote:Lilly's not perfect. Her flaws simply take more effort to notice than Shizune's. But not that much more effort if you pay attention.
Just like how Shizune's character is easily misunderstood.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

This. Shizune and Lilly are kinda opposites in that regard. Lilly appears perfect at first and you have to get to know her better to start noticing her flaws. Shizune appears unlikable at first and you have to get to know her better to start noticing her better better traits.