Which relationship do you think will last?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which relationship do you think will last the longest?

Hanako
26%
Emi
12%
Shizune
4%
Lilly
29%
Rin
3%
All of the Above
8%
None (They are all just first loves)
3%
Or More than one of the above
14%

Total votes: 594

Sethkowns

Which relationship do you think will last?

Post by Sethkowns »

Which relationship do you think will last the longest?
In my opnion i would have to say both Lily's and Hanako's would last a lifetime. Afterall when i went through and did their routes i felt those ones to be the most romantic and have the most future potential.
"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki

Favorite Routes in Order: 1. Hanako 2. Lily 3. Emi 4. Kenji 5. Rin 6. Shizune
Game completion: 100% and aiming to still redo everyone's route.
Favorite Girl: Hanako!!!!!!!!
Elitesweets

Re: Which relationship do you think will last?

Post by Elitesweets »

Lilly and Shizune's both have potential IMO.
thenacho

Post by thenacho »

Emi.
If your lover trusts you enough to do anal with you, you know she's a keeper.
Logan812

Post by Logan812 »

I'd have to go with Lilly. I can also imagine Hisao's relationship with Hanako lasting too. Though I went with Lilly because Hanako's good ending is more open-ended.
Favorite Routes in Order: Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune
Favorite Characters: Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin > Emi
Sethkowns

Post by Sethkowns »

I can see Shizune's lasting but her good ending is quite vague. As it just tells you basically shizune and hisao aren't going anywhere but still plan on all 3 meeting up again somtime later. So you could argue either way. When i comes to Rin, i can't answer as i don't think there is much evidence to go anyway. Rin and Hisao do not share much of a romantic relationship compared to the others. As for Emi i personally didn't feel it would, but i can understand why you might think it would last.
"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki

Favorite Routes in Order: 1. Hanako 2. Lily 3. Emi 4. Kenji 5. Rin 6. Shizune
Game completion: 100% and aiming to still redo everyone's route.
Favorite Girl: Hanako!!!!!!!!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Hmm.... Let me think... In reverse order:
Shizune - What relationship? They're more or less fuckbuddies.
Rin - Uhm... Not really likely.
Lilly - She was this close to leaving him already and still has a sister she loves half a world away that she might start to miss once she's gone.
Hanako - Probably needs lots of patience on Hisao's part, but if he can live with that, I'd say their chances are pretty good.

which leaves:
Emi - They already had a major crisis and came out stronger than ever. Also, this path's Hisao has changed so much that he's really a perfect match for her and vice versa. And finally Hisao gets along with the family - which is not really necessary but a big plus nonetheless. (And a big minus for Lilly and Shizune)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Lilly and Hisao are sure to stay together. Their ending is too good to be true - but it's because it's that good that I think it will last until death parts them and beyond.

Though maybe someday they would go to Scotland, like her mother came to Japan.

And I think, in no small part due to Hisao's efforts, Emi's relationship with him would last until old age, if not until death and beyond. He proved himself a trustworthy, dependable, unrelenting lover, which is what Emi needed to break through her skin.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

I voted more than one.

Emi - This may have chance since Emi finally let Hisao into her life. That being said I'm sure she won't be over the death of her father anytime soon. Plus she seems like a slut.
Lilly - Obviously the winner here. If you completely stop your future plans for your fiancee then I don't see how they could be broken apart.
Hanako - I don't think so. I didn't even get the impression they were in love at the end. How can it end when it hasn't truly begun?
Rin - I think this one will end very quickly or last a lifetime, since they have overcome the biggest obstacle in their relationship. Bear in mind that for me Rin's good ending is canon in my eyes, meaning that my opinion is very likely to be biased.
Shizune - No chance. As someone else has already said they are basically fuckbuddies.

So if I had to choose it would be Lilly and possible Rin and Emi.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Lilly - She was this close to leaving him already and still has a sister she loves half a world away that she might start to miss once she's gone.
Hanako - Probably needs lots of patience on Hisao's part, but if he can live with that, I'd say their chances are pretty good.

which leaves:
Emi - They already had a major crisis and came out stronger than ever. Also, this path's Hisao has changed so much that he's really a perfect match for her and vice versa. And finally Hisao gets along with the family - which is not really necessary but a big plus nonetheless. (And a big minus for Lilly and Shizune)
^, plus:
Rin: IMHO, her and Hisao had quite a grown up relationship at the end. Unlike the others whom I get the impression they imagine they'll stay in love forever, Rin and Hisao seem to "not say they will love each other forever, because they both know there's no such thing", but they love each other for the here and now, and that's good enough for now. But doesn't lay the groundwork for a long-term relationship.

Also, I wrote the quote because it sprang into my head, and I spent a few minutes trying to work out where it was from before I realised it was from Emi's route. Huh.

Shizune: On the outside, their relationship appears to just be that of fuckbuddies, but I get the feeling that Shizune really cares for Hisao, even if she either can't show it or won't allow herself to show it from some kind of weird "NO WEAKNESS" thing. However again, what's on the outside counts, and I can't see it lasting.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Titus

Post by Titus »

It's really up in the air.

Call me crazy but Hisao and Rin could last, after all the crap the two went through they kept coming back to each other, neither knowing why in the first place. Much of their issues are resolved by the good ending, the acceptance that they can never completely understand each other, but their feelings are too strong for them to break apart.

Isn't that love?

Also yea Lilly wins by far. She's what, perfect? Hanako sticks with Hisao too...Emi..yea. Shizune? Instead of asking why, ask why not?
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

I voted for Lilly, because honestly, how can you not? The route has an optimistic epilogue, for goodness sake! That being said, I agree that Hisao and Rin have a better chance to stay together than Rin's 0 votes in the poll would indicate.

Shizune and Hisao obviously don't stay together (they're barely even together at Shizune's good ending).

Emi and Hisao probably grow apart as Emi matures (she's very childish for a 19-year-old).

Can't really decide on Hanako and Hisao. It's likely that Hisao goes on to college to be a science teacher... Hanako's aspirations are much more unclear. I think she would probably follow him, but then regret that decision later on, feeling like she has done nothing with her life and is worthless and dependent. If their relationship could withstand that regret, they would have a decent chance of lasting into the indefinite future; otherwise, it could drive them apart.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

>High school relationships

>lasting

Choose one.

Putting my jackassness aside, Lilly because she's a Mary Sue cliched character.
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

I'm so tired of people using the term "Mary Sue" to describe Lilly. Even if Lilly were perfect (which she's not; she's just as flawed as the other characters, in her own ways), "Mary Sue" has very specific connotations beyond perfection that do not apply to her whatsoever. I think anyone who uses that term fails to realize what it actually means and how it came into use.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Mirrormn wrote:I'm so tired of people using the term "Mary Sue" to describe Lilly. Even if Lilly were perfect (which she's not; she's just as flawed as the other characters, in her own ways), "Mary Sue" has very specific connotations beyond perfection that do not apply to her whatsoever. I think anyone who uses that term to describe Lilly fails to realize what it actually means and how it came into use.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
mainframe004

Post by mainframe004 »

Paddy wrote:
Mirrormn wrote:I'm so tired of people using the term "Mary Sue" to describe Lilly. Even if Lilly were perfect (which she's not; she's just as flawed as the other characters, in her own ways), "Mary Sue" has very specific connotations beyond perfection that do not apply to her whatsoever. I think anyone who uses that term to describe Lilly fails to realize what it actually means and how it came into use.
QFT. Being a Mary Sue means being good with everything from art to zoology.

"We live as we do to show the world what it could be." ~ Machinae Supremacy - Overworld

Paths: Lilly > Hanako > Rin = Emi >>> Shizune
Characters: Hanako > Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly