Which relationship do you think will last?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Which relationship do you think will last the longest?

Hanako
26%
Emi
12%
Shizune
4%
Lilly
29%
Rin
3%
All of the Above
8%
None (They are all just first loves)
3%
Or More than one of the above
14%

Total votes: 594

Megumeru

Re: Which relationship do you think will last?

Post by Megumeru »

You people who are hopeful wish Hanako and Lilly's relationship would last the longest. Optimists.

I beg to differ.

Shizune's relationship would last the longest.

Hell, even KENJI approves of this!
Besides, considering Shizune's character, she's the most likely to defend her relationship with Hisao to the death.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Logan812

Post by Logan812 »

Megumeru wrote:You people who are hopeful wish Hanako and Lilly's relationship would last the longest. Optimists.

I beg to differ.

Shizune's relationship would last the longest.

Besides, considering Shizune's character, she's the most likely to defend her relationship with Hisao to the death.
They never really had much of a relationship to begin with.
Favorite Routes in Order: Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune
Favorite Characters: Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin > Emi
Sethkowns

Post by Sethkowns »

I'd like to know how Hanako and Hisao would ever fail? Hanako loves him far to much as it is implied through her act 4. And as we see Hisao is very ready to be patient with her and take it one day at a time.
"I was warned that he was not only invincible, but strong enough to probably destory the building with a punch, or at least knock over the painting hanging in the hallway." Hideaki

Favorite Routes in Order: 1. Hanako 2. Lily 3. Emi 4. Kenji 5. Rin 6. Shizune
Game completion: 100% and aiming to still redo everyone's route.
Favorite Girl: Hanako!!!!!!!!
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Anyone saying Shizune and Hisao don't have a relationship need to read Weekend at Hisao's.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

metalangel wrote:Anyone saying Shizune and Hisao don't have a relationship need to read Weekend at Hisao's.
Anyone saying Shizune and Hisao don't have a relationship needs to re-read her arc again. There's more relationship points happening here and there that are easily missed--it takes a lot more concentration and focus to actually see them and understand them.

...'Weekend at Hisao's' is a good bonus to top it off
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

That too. It's been covered many times over in the myriad Shizune threads.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Megumeru wrote: Shizune's relationship would last the longest.

Kenji thinks it's good. That should set off all sorts of warning bells that something is horribly wrong. I basically saw her ending as a "well, it was nice being your boyfriend. We simply must do this again some time. Let's keep in touch." They've basically already started to drift apart.

As for the others ...

Rin: I can see them staying friends, but they never really seemed to connect romantically that well and seem far too different as people to really stay together.

Emi: They'll last for a while, maybe, but she's far too immature and impulsive and the fact that neither really think long term is going to prevent them from realy staying together forever.

Lilly: How could you not think they're going to stay together? She views staying with you are more important than being with her own family and Hisao quite literally put his life on the line to prove he couldn't let her go.

Hanako: They're together for the keeps. They've each got more than enough patience and understanding to see it through to the end. They seemed to connect emotionally in ways that never happened with any of the other girls.

Kenji: No. Because Hisao is dead in that ending.
Not Dead Yet
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Mirrormn wrote:[Lilly] is just as flawed as the other characters
You actually made me laugh out loud with this comment.

I really need to stop reading discussion threads here before I become delirious.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I'd like to know how Hanako and Hisao would ever fail? Hanako loves him far to much as it is implied through her act 4. And as we see Hisao is very ready to be patient with her and take it one day at a time.
The same way Emi's could fail. By heart attack. If Hisao had an unprovoked heavy heart attack, not just a flutter but one that'd land him in hospital, Emi or Hanako would either stick by him or break up when they realize they're dating someone who they could lose at any moment and decide they can't handle that kind of pressure. That kind of thing would affect all girls, but Emi and Hanako would be hit hardest since they were traumatized by the loss of loved ones before.
You actually made me laugh out loud with this comment.

I really need to stop reading discussion threads here before I become delirious.
Lilly's hardly perfect. Her flaws are just more subtle than some of the other girls'.
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

Hanko, for two simple reasons.

1. She is extremely delicate, and Hisao would never break up with her.
2. Hanako is such an emotionally dependent person that she'll love Hisao unconditionally.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote: 2. Hanako is such an emotionally dependent person that she'll love Hisao unconditionally.
GIMMIE THE CHOCOLATE could be seen as proof of this.
Titus

Post by Titus »

metalangel wrote:Anyone saying Shizune and Hisao don't have a relationship need to read Weekend at Hisao's.
Got a link? Tried advanced search but, no luck.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
lml99

Post by lml99 »

Emi. Even though the others are nice, Hisao's probably gonna kick it pretty soon without exercise. But putting his heart condition aside, I say Lilly or Hanako. At the end of Lilly's arc, she leaves her future in Scotland behind, so I guess she's sort of stuck with Hisao whether she likes it or not. Hanako and Hisao seem to be the most dependent towards each other out of each relationship, so I could see that last.
formerly athankfulanon
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

lml99 wrote:Emi. Even though the others are nice, Hisao's probably gonna kick it pretty soon without exercise.
Haha, too true. Especially in Lilly's route; based on how much trouble Hisao has with his heart in the few short months of the story, he'll be lucky to survive through college >.>
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Titus wrote:
Got a link? Tried advanced search but, no luck.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5361