You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Topham
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:23 am
Location: Some hellhole or something.

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Topham » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:10 pm

philosophish wrote:Exactly. In fact, the lesson this game teaches us - which I have adopted at an early age anyway - is that we shouldn't give a shit about anyone's disabilities, and when we find ourselves affected by them - e.g., disgusted, scared, intrigued, or even turned on, whatever - we should learn to ignore that and look beyond them, and see the person behind the disability.
In fact, I believe that it even goes beyond disabilities, and focuses more on faults in all of us. Not just physically, but psychologically as well. Although the disability focus you mentioned is indeed an important theme, I just believe that there's another, more grand message in all of it.
It also truly focuses on how humans interact with each other, and what relationships between people could look like, as well as the consequences of actions and the fact that no relationship is ever perfect. In fact, none of the routes' endings even suggest that -- well, I haven't done Lilly's yet, but I'd hope that her route agrees with the others. All of the relationships have these big imperfections, but we have to be able to look past those imperfections and find love and friendship and comfort in others anyway.
philosophish wrote:I'm almost insulted that you assumed I was in any way superficial, but then again, how could you know I wasn't, right?
Sorry 'bout that, I kinda did assume that. I've just seen so much of it in so many places that I kinda just wanted to make sure we were on a similar page, y'know?
Sorry if I offended.
                                        I miss her.
 
Rin>Suzu>Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune
Haven't done Lilly's route yet, and have only done good endings so far.

philosophish
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:51 am

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by philosophish » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Topham wrote:
philosophish wrote:Exactly. In fact, the lesson this game teaches us [...] see the person behind the disability.
In fact, I believe that it even goes beyond disabilities, and focuses more on faults in all of us. Not just physically, but psychologically as well. Although the disability focus you mentioned is indeed an important theme, I just believe that there's another, more grand message in all of it.
It also truly focuses on how humans interact with each other, and what relationships between people could look like, as well as the consequences of actions and the fact that no relationship is ever perfect. In fact, none of the routes' endings even suggest that -- well, I haven't done Lilly's yet, but I'd hope that her route agrees with the others. All of the relationships have these big imperfections, but we have to be able to look past those imperfections and find love and friendship and comfort in others anyway.
Agree completely; I think this is what the creators meant, and even if it's not, it certainly is a lesson one can easily learn from the game.
Topham wrote:
philosophish wrote:I'm almost insulted that you assumed I was in any way superficial, but then again, how could you know I wasn't, right?
Sorry 'bout that, I kinda did assume that. I've just seen so much of it in so many places that I kinda just wanted to make sure we were on a similar page, y'know?
Sorry if I offended.
Don't worry, I'm not - I said almost ;) No sweat, darlin'!

User avatar
Lianam
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Lianam » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Topham wrote:In fact, none of the routes' endings even suggest that -- well, I haven't done Lilly's yet, but I'd hope that her route agrees with the others.
Go do it. Now. Like right now. It's good. That is all.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.

User avatar
Topham
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:23 am
Location: Some hellhole or something.

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Topham » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Lianam wrote:
Topham wrote:In fact, none of the routes' endings even suggest that -- well, I haven't done Lilly's yet, but I'd hope that her route agrees with the others.
Go do it. Now. Like right now. It's good. That is all.
Can't, I have more homework than I have time to do it.
                                        I miss her.
 
Rin>Suzu>Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune
Haven't done Lilly's route yet, and have only done good endings so far.

User avatar
Sea
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am
Location: Toronto

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Sea » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Topham wrote:
Lianam wrote:
Topham wrote:In fact, none of the routes' endings even suggest that -- well, I haven't done Lilly's yet, but I'd hope that her route agrees with the others.
Go do it. Now. Like right now. It's good. That is all.
Can't, I have more homework than I have time to do it.
You have my sympathies.
Come join the Yamaku Book Club! Where stuff happens and we discuss cripple porn
I come from the outside, do you know it?

User avatar
Jobriq
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:41 am
Location: Back at school! yay!

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Jobriq » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Topham wrote: Can't, I have more homework than I have time to do it.
You actually do your homework? what are you some kind of A student?
Fist of the North Star is a strange movie ._.
<Xanatos>: "Security is just Mutou walking around punching disobedient students in the head."
<KeiichiO>: "I'd rather look at clop than furry porn."
<CFC Kyle>: "All you do is press the quote button above someones post and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE quoted."

User avatar
Topham
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:23 am
Location: Some hellhole or something.

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Topham » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Jobriq wrote:
Topham wrote: Can't, I have more homework than I have time to do it.
You actually do your homework? what are you some kind of A student?
Image
                                        I miss her.
 
Rin>Suzu>Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune
Haven't done Lilly's route yet, and have only done good endings so far.

philosophish
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:51 am

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by philosophish » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Topham wrote:
Jobriq wrote:
Topham wrote: Can't, I have more homework than I have time to do it.
You actually do your homework? what are you some kind of A student?
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 54/06f.jpg
That reaction was priceless.
Last edited by Silentcook on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...

User avatar
Sea
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am
Location: Toronto

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Sea » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:23 pm

philosophish wrote:
Topham wrote:
Jobriq wrote:
You actually do your homework? what are you some kind of A student?
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 54/06f.jpg
That reaction was priceless.
Yours will be aswell when you get cooked. Watch them img tags.
Come join the Yamaku Book Club! Where stuff happens and we discuss cripple porn
I come from the outside, do you know it?

User avatar
Comrade
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:29 am
Location: Micheal Levi's lyre is real good yo

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Comrade » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:37 am

Sea seems to be obsessed with cooking...
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014

User avatar
Topham
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:23 am
Location: Some hellhole or something.

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Topham » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Comrade wrote:Sea seems to be obsessed with cooking...
Mmmm, seafood.
                                        I miss her.
 
Rin>Suzu>Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune
Haven't done Lilly's route yet, and have only done good endings so far.

User avatar
Sea
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am
Location: Toronto

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Sea » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Topham wrote:
Comrade wrote:Sea seems to be obsessed with cooking...
Mmmm, seafood.
Crab legs to be exact.
CAN YOU RESIST THIS?
Image
Meanwhile ontopic . . .
You've been playing too much KS when, realizing you've played far too much KS today, your reaction is to play more KS.
Come join the Yamaku Book Club! Where stuff happens and we discuss cripple porn
I come from the outside, do you know it?

User avatar
Topham
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:23 am
Location: Some hellhole or something.

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Topham » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Sea wrote:Crab legs to be exact.
CAN YOU RESIST THIS?
http://thumbs.ifood.tv/files/images/edi ... 0Sauce.jpg
Oh god that looks so good...
Sea wrote:You've been playing too much KS when, realizing you've played far too much KS today, your reaction is to play more KS.
That reminds me, I still need to do Lilly's route.
                                        I miss her.
 
Rin>Suzu>Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune
Haven't done Lilly's route yet, and have only done good endings so far.

User avatar
Sea
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am
Location: Toronto

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Sea » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Topham wrote:
Sea wrote:You've been playing too much KS when, realizing you've played far too much KS today, your reaction is to play more KS.
That reminds me, I still need to do Lilly's route.
Ditto, and shizune's. It's been 7 months and I'm still getting over Rin.
Come join the Yamaku Book Club! Where stuff happens and we discuss cripple porn
I come from the outside, do you know it?

User avatar
Xanatos
Posts: 5365
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Xanatos » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:42 pm

Sea wrote:
Topham wrote:
Sea wrote:You've been playing too much KS when, realizing you've played far too much KS today, your reaction is to play more KS.
That reminds me, I still need to do Lilly's route.
Ditto, and shizune's. It's been 7 months and I'm still getting over Rin.
You won't be over Rin until you move on to another. :P
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

Post Reply