You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kibaro

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Kibaro »

Potato wrote:
Still going. But the KS insertion did not go well. XD
what DnD system are you guys using?:) just this and then ill stop with the DnD subject since this is ks:)) but just curious:D
d2r

Post by d2r »

Kibaro wrote:
Potato wrote:
Still going. But the KS insertion did not go well. XD
what DnD system are you guys using?:) just this and then ill stop with the DnD subject since this is ks:)) but just curious:D
To settle the matter, I threw together some stats for 4th edition, so I can claim I know I've played too much KS when I stat one of the characters into D&D. These stats are boringly realistic, but I'm too lazy to stat an adventurer. :p

I'm probably not gonna stat the others, both because it would be boringly pedantic and to avoid thread derailment, but you can use this as a template if you really feel the need.

Lilly Satou (XP 100)

Level 1 Commoner
Initiative: +0 Senses: Blindsight +2
HP: 20 Bloodied: 10
AC: 15 FORT: 13 REF: 11 WILL: 15
SPEED: 6 IMMUNE: Gaze

Walking Cane (at-will, melee)

+5 vs. AC, 1d4 damage

Natural Charm (encounter)

When making a diplomacy check, Lilly rolls twice and takes the better result.

Equipment: Walking Cane, Basic Clothing

Trained in: Diplomacy, Insight, Religion

Str 9 Dex 10 Wis 16
Con 10 Int 13 Cha 16
Alignment: Neutral Good
Languages: Common
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Hisao Nikai

Post by Hisao Nikai »

I dont know about anyone else but i cant bring my self to do hanako's bad route. It dosen't help when the game shows you a picture of her crying that looks so sad that you want to keep her happy all the time to avoid that again.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Some other people mentioned they couldn't do the bad end.

Often, those people are the ones most in need of seeing it.

It's worth seeing just once, just to be able to say you've seen all of her route. You don't have to take it as canon and if it's uncomfortable, just replay the good end scene immediately afterwards.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
brythain

Post by brythain »

… someone gave my wife a can of 'Innisfree' cherry blossom room deodorant, and I immediately thought of Lilly Satou. :D

(Problem of course is that Innisfree is in Ireland, not Scotland…)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

brythain wrote:… someone gave my wife a can of 'Innisfree' cherry blossom room deodorant, and I immediately thought of Lilly Satou. :D

cherry blossom room deodorant sounds so nice <3 we don't have that kinda thing here:( i love the smell of cherry blossoms <3
brythain

Post by brythain »

Kibaro wrote:cherry blossom room deodorant sounds so nice <3 we don't have that kinda thing here:( i love the smell of cherry blossoms <3
Here's a link to the stuff on Amazon. Huh. It's made in Korea, of all things.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

brythain wrote:
Kibaro wrote:cherry blossom room deodorant sounds so nice <3 we don't have that kinda thing here:( i love the smell of cherry blossoms <3
Here's a link to the stuff on Amazon. Huh. It's made in Korea, of all things.
thanks tho buying stuff over the internet is a bit expensive for me right now :( (yes 20$ is expensive for me :P, especially for something like that) but thanks for the link anyway :)
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

brythain wrote:… someone gave my wife a can of 'Innisfree' cherry blossom room deodorant, and I immediately thought of Lilly Satou. :D

Was just about to state that problem. The connection isn't very strong :?
I feel sorry for your wife if the first thing that comes to your mind when you look at her general direction (assuming that the deodorant was in your wife's hand when you first saw it) is Lilly... :lol:
I wonder how your wife feels about Katawa Shoujo? I'm sure people have asked you this question a million times (i'm sorry).
brythain

Post by brythain »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:

Was just about to state that problem. The connection isn't very strong :?
I feel sorry for your wife if the first thing that comes to your mind when you look at her general direction (assuming that the deodorant was in your wife's hand when you first saw it) is Lilly... :lol:
I wonder how your wife feels about Katawa Shoujo? I'm sure people have asked you this question a million times (i'm sorry).
Nah, the deodorant was lying around on the table. :)

She thinks it's great that my worst vice is playing through weird computer entertainments of various kinds about 1-2 hours each night. :D

That includes the time I spend writing fanfic, btw. 8)
Potato

Post by Potato »

Hisao Nikai wrote:I dont know about anyone else but i cant bring my self to do hanako's bad route. It dosen't help when the game shows you a picture of her crying that looks so sad that you want to keep her happy all the time to avoid that again.
BE A MAN, NAKAI!

No, but seriously. Do it.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Hisao Nikai wrote:I dont know about anyone else but i cant bring my self to do hanako's bad route. It dosen't help when the game shows you a picture of her crying that looks so sad that you want to keep her happy all the time to avoid that again.
Wait, is that Hisao?
ok, jking, BUT there is a thread about you, you shoudln't go there >.>" beacause...well ^ that
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Kibaro wrote:
Wait, is that Hisao?
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3 ... 5_full.jpg
ok, jking, BUT there is a thread about you, you shoudln't go there >.>" beacause...well ^ that
OMG Hanako lost all her scars! Its a goddamn miracle!
Was it the latest skin stem cell research done in Israel? I hear that they are doing exceptionally well at skin stem cell research. Good for Hanako!
Also Rin gave up tying her sleeves up. Shizune is tallerthan Lilly! Shizune got a rapid growth spurt it seems. So did Hanako and Rin by the looks of it. Lilly isn't so tall now.
Last edited by Silentcook on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

Forever_ambivalent wrote: OMG Hanako lost all her scars! Its a goddamn miracle!
Was it the latest skin stem cell research done in Israel? I hear that they are doing exceptionally well at skin stem cell research. Good for Hanako!
Also Rin gave up tying her sleeves up. Shizune is tallerthan Lilly! Shizune got a rapid growth spurt it seems. So did Hanako and Rin by the looks of it. Lilly isn't so tall now.
nah it's just the angle, lilly is further back and rin/shizu are closer to the motherf***er, yes hanako is indeed lucky for the israerlian stem cell research discoveries ^.^, when rin is pissed she get's her sleves untied, like shit just got serious!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

...you're rubbing cream into the sores of an elderly gentleman and the first thing you wonder is 'how much cream did Hanako get through during her treatment?' I think I daydreamed a bit, as I got a look of 'excuse me, you're taking bloody ages' cast down at me.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.