You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
KSPuff
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by KSPuff » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:17 am

Munchenhausen wrote:Ten years unto the future

"Dude, why does your girlfriend still have all four limbs!? You fucking sicko."
You know you have played too much KS when find you comments like this endearing more than disturbing. :lol:

Also:
When you see a commercial for the Wounded Warrior Project on TV and the first thing you think of is KS.
(Happened to me today when I saw the commercial when it showed two guys running with Emi's prosthetics and almost said her name out loud.)

User avatar
Rhodri
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:28 pm
Location: The Capital of the Welsh boyo!

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Rhodri » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Munchenhausen wrote:When you listen to songs and imagine how you could incorporate them into a KS themed music video :P

Gawd, I felt quite sad typing that :lol:
Emi's Mom has got it going on...
d2r wrote:Tollbooth? :lol:
Godamnit, this has been stuck in my head all day. Then again, the idea of Kenji singing it makes me smile beyond all measure.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.

User avatar
d2r
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 am

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by d2r » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Rhodri wrote:
d2r wrote:Tollbooth? :lol:
Godamnit, this has been stuck in my head all day. Then again, the idea of Kenji singing it makes me smile beyond all measure.
HERE'S FIFTY BUCKS :wink:
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?

User avatar
KSPuff
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by KSPuff » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:40 am

Wait a second, Look at the copyrights:

(C) EMI Recorded Music

Emi is trying to get to hook us up with her mother! It all makes sense now!

Emi is best girl confirmed! :lol:

You have been playing too much KS when you can come up with an insane theory so easily... :?

User avatar
AaronIsCrunchy
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm
Location: Portsmouth, floating.

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by AaronIsCrunchy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:14 pm

...you go for a run and your chest seizes up, breath goes dodgy and vision goes weird, and the first thing you think of is 'oh shit, Hisao had it rough'. This actually happened, and I'm not proud of it.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.


User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3497
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by brythain » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:12 am

... you're sitting in a half-dark auditorium listening to Secret Garden live and all you can think of is how amazingly the music reminds you of KS. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Solistor
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Somewhere between order and chaos.

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Solistor » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:43 am

Not exactly OT, but related.

You've been reading too much KS fanfiction when you begin to subconsciously reference it while writing.
~Links to recommended fics
Image Image
Image Image
Image
All girls best girl; every girl loved equally.

azumeow
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:04 am

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by azumeow » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:27 am

Solistor wrote:Not exactly OT, but related.

You've been reading too much KS fanfiction when you begin to subconsciously reference it while writing.
Fuck that, I'm creating an entire story based around a dude who learns he has SCA and begins writing a diary. It starts on Day Two Thousand, Three Hundred and Seventy-two After Diagnosis. It's only had a few parts made, it's horribly written, and it's more of a side project than anything, but it's fun as dicks. Saki gave me the idea.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"

User avatar
Solistor
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Somewhere between order and chaos.

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Solistor » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:09 am

azumeow wrote:
Solistor wrote:Not exactly OT, but related.

You've been reading too much KS fanfiction when you begin to subconsciously reference it while writing.
Fuck that, I'm creating an entire story based around a dude who learns he has SCA and begins writing a diary. It starts on Day Two Thousand, Three Hundred and Seventy-two After Diagnosis. It's only had a few parts made, it's horribly written, and it's more of a side project than anything, but it's fun as dicks. Saki gave me the idea.
But that would be an intentional reference rather than a subconscious one. :P
~Links to recommended fics
Image Image
Image Image
Image
All girls best girl; every girl loved equally.

User avatar
Zarys
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Zarys » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:49 pm

...you realize each girl is more real and alive (yeah, even Hanako) than you even if they are fictionnal characters. :|
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair

User avatar
Jobriq
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:41 am
Location: Back at school! yay!

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Jobriq » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Zarys wrote:...you realize each girl is more real and alive (yeah, even Hanako) than you even if they are fictionnal characters. :|
wut
Fist of the North Star is a strange movie ._.
<Xanatos>: "Security is just Mutou walking around punching disobedient students in the head."
<KeiichiO>: "I'd rather look at clop than furry porn."
<CFC Kyle>: "All you do is press the quote button above someones post and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE quoted."

azumeow
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:04 am

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by azumeow » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:43 pm

Solistor wrote: But that would be an intentional reference rather than a subconscious one. :P
Oh, it started subconsciously when I was first coming up with the idea. Then I was just like, "Waaaaaiiiitaminute!" And thus the full-fledged super-depressing story began to grow in my mind.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"

User avatar
Broomhead
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:44 am
Location: Castle in the Sky

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Broomhead » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:18 am

... you yell at your friend "GODDAMNIT AKIRA" in the middle of a game with two people who haven't played Katawa.

This also made me realise how much my friend and I are like male personalities of Akira and Lilly. Except I can pull off a suit and throw people 1.5x my size (I'm the Lilly.)
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.

User avatar
d2r
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 am

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by d2r » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Another list for y'all:
  1. - You've asked more than five questions in the "Ask" thread

    - You've asked such a pedantic question in the "Ask" thread that you irritated or confused one of the devs

    - You can identify every single dialogue and punctuation change between versions (and you aren't a dev, translator etc.)
    • + In point of fact, if you can identify ANY dialogue changes other than the one clarifying the confusion over Lilly & Shizune's family relationship, you've probably played too often
    - You downloaded the new version and then 100%'d the game AGAIN without using the "skip" option (!)

    - You've programmed the game to run automatically when you boot your computer (!!)

    - You've put the game's files onto Dropbox (or other cloud file storage) so you can play it from anywhere (of course, someone's gonna try that now)

    - You've never been on the forum, much less looked at this list, because you're too busy playing the game for the thousandth time :wink:
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?

User avatar
KSPuff
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by KSPuff » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:56 pm

d2r wrote:You've put the game's files onto Dropbox (or other cloud file storage) so you can play it from anywhere (of course, someone's gonna try that now)
*slowly raises hand* I've done this...

Post Reply