You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dream

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Dream »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Honestly, can you really play too much KS? It's one of the more truly pure things in life.
What? No, very very much no. Don't get me wrong, i love KS and it has changed my life, but i wouldn't think it's one of the truly pure things out there, even if it is pretty close.

Then again, things i consider to be truly pure are generally things i find to be pinnacles of human achievement so i must admit that my definition of the term is different than the norm.
Last edited by Dream on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Dream wrote:
Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:Honestly, can you really play too much KS? It's one of the more truly pure things in life.
What? No, very very much no. Don't get me wrong, i love KS and it has changed my life, but i wouldn't think it's one of the truly pure things out there, even if it is pretty close.
True.

Waffles are one of the pure beauties in life, as well as Tobuscus.

*Take me seriously or not. You'll be surprised to learn whether I'm being honest or not. Spoiler alert: I'm being 100% honest*

I've been playing KS so much, that every time it rains, Raindrops and Puddles loops inside my brain. When it's not Raindrops and Puddles, it's the Song of Storms from Ocarina of Time.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I've been listening to nothing but the KS songs at work for over five months now. Sometimes I'll whistle along. Don't care what my coworkers think of it when they hear me. I just have that kind of relaxed job where I can work and do my own thing sort of. I would say I don't play enough KS nowadays. I'm too busy trying to make a max level character in an MMO that I play. No matter. KS has really helped give me more positive and creative energy.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

.... you can imagine KS girls playing WoW. Hanako gathering pets in Pet Battles, and Shizune as a raid leader.

Or you have simply played too much WoW yourself.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I never touched WoW, so I don't get those references. I have played some other games though. I tried quite a handful.
win746

Post by win746 »

YZQ wrote:.... you can imagine KS girls playing WoW. Hanako gathering pets in Pet Battles, and Shizune as a raid leader.

I could imagine Hanako flaming other players after a wipe, while Shizune is trying to re-organize the raid group.
Katie wrote:I hate men
This board is being invaded by feminists, spread the word!
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

win746 wrote:
YZQ wrote:.... you can imagine KS girls playing WoW. Hanako gathering pets in Pet Battles, and Shizune as a raid leader.

I could imagine Hanako flaming other players after a wipe, while Shizune is trying to re-organize the raid group.
Heh. Hanako. Flaming.

Misha would be Leroy Jenkins.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
win746 wrote:

Heh. Hanako. Flaming.

Misha would be Leroy Jenkins.
She'll flame if the other raiders are totally idiots, and that's why Misha's the off tank.

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
shiro_midori

Post by shiro_midori »

YZQ wrote:[quote="Xanatos"][quote="win746"]

Heh. Hanako. Flaming.

Misha would be Leroy Jenkins.[/quote][/spoiler]

She'll flame if the other raiders are totally idiots, and that's why Misha's the off tank.[/quote]

I think she'd really benefit from online gaming, where she doesn't have to worry about her scars. I found it a little odd that the characters in KS basically never use post-90s tech or even a computer.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Lily is stated to be old-fashioned. Hanako has issues with money. Emi probably spends too much time on the tracks. Rin paints and does her art stuff. Shizune... has no excuse that I can think of.

pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

It always struck me as odd that nobody seemed to have computers. Maybe its because its an older school and they never bothered to fit the dorms with internet connections. Or they just want to discourage students from playing around on the net outside of school hours?

You'd think at least Kenji would have a couple of pc's humming away 24/7.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Megumeru wrote: "Misha and Shizune were having an argument considering the amount of tables they need to use for the upcoming Tanabata festival."
"Misha and Shizune are having an argument considering the number of tables they need to use for the upcoming Tanabata festival."
Note: I prefer 'number' over 'amount' in an instance where you're talking about tangible objects rather than a volume of material. Tables are tangible, structured objects, and can't really be quantified by volume.
...the amount of cake they need... (cake can be quantified by volume)
...the number of cakes they need... (it can also be counted individually)

...the amount of takoyaki they need... (works with either volume or count)
...the number of tables they need... (really can only be counted)

...the amount of water they need... (the ultimate measure of quantifiable volume)
...the number of glasses they need...(you could also say 'amount of glass' if you're talking about making a window or something)

Forgive me, it's very early, and I may be overreacting. It's just one of those turns of phrase that irks me, and especially since you described using them as a tutor.
"How many Drills does Misha has[sic] after she discard three of them?"
Trick question: Misha doesn't get drills because she's a lesbian.
(herp-derp)
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

pandaphil wrote:It always struck me as odd that nobody seemed to have computers. Maybe its because its an older school and they never bothered to fit the dorms with internet connections. Or they just want to discourage students from playing around on the net outside of school hours?

I believe it's cultural, actually. I can't really be specific, but as far as I recall, Japanese students (and youths in general) use the internet much more sparingly than their American (and probably other) counterparts.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Helbereth wrote:
pandaphil wrote:It always struck me as odd that nobody seemed to have computers. Maybe its because its an older school and they never bothered to fit the dorms with internet connections. Or they just want to discourage students from playing around on the net outside of school hours?

I believe it's cultural, actually. I can't really be specific, but as far as I recall, Japanese students (and youths in general) use the internet much more sparingly than their American (and probably other) counterparts.
They use the Internet on their phones.

Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

YZQ wrote:
Helbereth wrote:

They use the Internet on their phones.
Now, maybe. In 2007? Technology wasn't quite there yet... or if it was, it was still prohibitively expensive.