You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by Xanatos »

KeiichiO wrote:When you can't, for the life of you, get the game and characters out of your head even after completing the game over two months ago. Seriously, part of me would like to move on, but another part of me doesn't want to leave my newly established comfort zone.

Being haunted by Rin in recurring dreams is also a problem. It's starting to get scary...
Best haunting ever.

And I finished the game last year. I still can't bring myself to do a replay.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

When you see fanart portraying Hanako giving in to her insecurities, and you feel like reaching into the screen and give her a shake-down.

"STOP THINKING LIKE THAT! You're scaring yourself!"
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:When you can't, for the life of you, get the game and characters out of your head even after completing the game over two months ago. Seriously, part of me would like to move on, but another part of me doesn't want to leave my newly established comfort zone.

Being haunted by Rin in recurring dreams is also a problem. It's starting to get scary...
I hear ya. I started playing in January and the things wedged tight in my brain. Hell the first thing I do when I sit down at my computer is check in here. Then onto Facebook to look for new KS stuff. Its like a damn obsession and its makign it hard to get anything else done.
YZQ wrote:When you see fanart portraying Hanako giving in to her insecurities, and you feel like reaching into the screen and give her a shake-down.

"STOP THINKING LIKE THAT! You're scaring yourself!"
I feel the same way. Although I prefer offering her a hug.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I've already allowed my interest to spill into other games I play, like Quake 2 and Perfect World. So naturally with my character being Hanako, it makes it easier to introduce KS to others. Every now and then I get the occasional person that says "Hey, your character is really cute/interesting!" and that's the perfect opportunity for me to introduce what we all know and love...
Omega

Post by Omega »

Really? I can't see the average Quake 2 player seeing Hanako and commenting that. Perfect World maybe... I see where you are coming from though. I do a lot of tabletop RPG's and my characters are always inspired by my lifes, then, biggest inspirations. Certainly Lilly is going to find her way into one of my games soon enough.
ImageImage
**~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Lilly~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Shizune~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~**
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

Omega wrote:Really? I can't see the average Quake 2 player seeing Hanako and commenting that. Perfect World maybe... I see where you are coming from though. I do a lot of tabletop RPG's and my characters are always inspired by my lifes, then, biggest inspirations. Certainly Lilly is going to find her way into one of my games soon enough.
Well actually only my family saw the Quake 2 skin I painted up, as well as whoever saw it here. Still, it's rather amusing to keep seeing "Bot1 caught a sniper bullet between the eyes from Hanako Ikezawa" in the upper left corner of my screen. :lol: I have some weird quirks about my personality... but I'm not a violent person in real life.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Hanako as a Cold Sniper? I can dig that.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:Hanako as a Cold Sniper? I can dig that.
Shes cool as long as she doesn't have to actually talk to her target.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:but I'm not a violent person in real life.
Few video game players are. That's why they play video games instead of being Ted Bundy. This game violence will always be easier to digest than this real violence.

OT: You create Misha and Shizune in an h-game and make them lesbians.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
neio

Post by neio »

Xanatos wrote:
Few video game players are. That's why they play video games instead of being Ted Bundy. This game violence will always be easier to digest than this real violence.
That's also actually a growing concern for super high-def screens (e.g. 4K) coupled with ever-increasing graphics rendering. It can seem "too real."
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

neio wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
That's also actually a growing concern for super high-def screens (e.g. 4K) coupled with ever-increasing graphics rendering. It can seem "too real."
No there isn't and no it can't. Unless you have severe mental problems, you can tell projections on a TV screen from reality, period. And it takes more than pretty graphics to seem real.

And now, I'm going to try to make an origami Hanako.
Omega

Post by Omega »

Oh holodecks... when will I be able to be Ted Bundy again?
ImageImage
**~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Lilly~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-Shizune~*~-~*~-~*~-~*~-~**
Hisao&Hanako<3

Post by Hisao&Hanako<3 »

I've listened to nothing but KS music at work for the last five months now. I find it relaxing and I can block out a lot of what stresses me. Still, many would say listening to the same songs over and over is a sign of insanity. Not like I care, my mind is anything but normal. Or worldly for that matter.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Hisao&Hanako<3 wrote:I've listened to nothing but KS music at work for the last five months now. I find it relaxing and I can block out a lot of what stresses me. Still, many would say listening to the same songs over and over is a sign of insanity. Not like I care, my mind is anything but normal. Or worldly for that matter.
If that were the case, I'd be in the loony-bin right about now.

No, I do not believe that is true what-so-ever. Music is a from of expression. We get our feelings out through the songs we listen to, and listening to them repeatedly gets the message out more. That doesn't make you insane. It makes you a human being. That's what I think. I might be crazy, but then again, we're all crazy.
Omega

Post by Omega »

Heh, the second set of links in my signature are constantly changing to whatever music reminds me of those two characters at the moment.
ImageImage