Which of the girls would you date in real life?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Cabulb

Re: Which of the girls would you date in real life?

Post by Cabulb »

I probably won't be able to date any of the girls except from Lilly since I don't speak Japanese :P
Teryn

Post by Teryn »

I would like Rin because she doesn't think like everyone else. There's some mystery there and she can be really blunt about things. I wouldn't want to try being with someone unless I felt they had something new to teach me about life. The communication thing is ok... I actually speak like she does sometimes, just trailing off into randomness or something mundane that I end up talking too much about. Her looks are simple (out of necessity, true), but she's attractive all the same.

I also like Lilly, because she's very sex-minded and also competent. You feel like she could handle many things at once, she's poised and kind. I'm simultaneously intimidated and turned on by the clothes she wears, too.
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

Teryn wrote:I would like Rin because she doesn't think like everyone else. There's some mystery there and she can be really blunt about things. I wouldn't want to try being with someone unless I felt they had something new to teach me about life. The communication thing is ok... I actually speak like she does sometimes, just trailing off into randomness or something mundane that I end up talking too much about. Her looks are simple (out of necessity, true), but she's attractive all the same.

I also like Lilly, because she's very sex-minded and also competent. You feel like she could handle many things at once, she's poised and kind. I'm simultaneously intimidated and turned on by the clothes she wears, too.

hmm, I guess that's the mysterious feeling I get with Rin that I can't describe after all. Thanks for making that clear to me!
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
paulmiller231

Post by paulmiller231 »

Hanako!!! :D
Shes perfect! I really love her!!
Teryn

Post by Teryn »

ZXRN wrote:hmm, I guess that's the mysterious feeling I get with Rin that I can't describe after all. Thanks for making that clear to me!
Glad it made sense to someone else, too. :)
rtm416

Post by rtm416 »

I'm going to say Hanako because I know people who are very insecure and have the sad puppy in the corner look. I think that she would eventually wind up to be the most loving in the end.
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

im going to say Rin as well. i love girls like that ^^ i dont really care for looks.
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

The two girls I would have pursued IRL remind me very much of girls I fell in love with IRL, so I can state with some degree of certainty that I would have been interested. Hopefully, as opposed to my real life experiences, they would also fall for me...

Emi, without a doubt; she's fun to hang out with, the jokey/teasing banter felt totally natural to me, and I love to express my affection physically, as she did. She reminds me of the second girl I fell in love with IRL - athletic, outgoing, great sense of humor. Like Hisao, I would wonder when exactly I had fallen in love with her, but I'm pretty sure asking me if I would run off with her to be a pirate would be the tipping point. :D She'd be good for me, too, being strong in those places where I'm weak (I'm pretty lazy by nature). I wonder whether I would be able to break through her walls as well as Hisao did - while I'm not as bold as I think he was, I am persistent when I fall in love. I fear I often took a more passive-aggressive approach when things didn't work out for me, but I don't let go.

(For similar reasons, I'd be immediately attracted to Miki - again, she shares some traits with my above-mentioned IRL love interest [yep, tomboys FTW] - but I don't know enough about her...)

Hanako reminds me a lot of the first girl I ever fell in love with - big doe eyes, long dark hair, shy exterior...the basic ingenue. Hanako's extreme shyness would be difficult at first - there would be lots of uncomfortable silences that we'd have to learn to deal with, but provided we were interested enough in each other, I think we'd make a good match. We're both introverts so we recognize that the other person needs their private time, and we could be silent together for long periods without it feeling awkward or unnatural. We both love to read, and I would gladly play chess with her (and other games). I don't think I would White Knight with her, because I don't think I've ever really felt like I was capable of "protecting" someone (despite imagining that I could and wanting to be that guy for a long time). Seeing her hiding out in the library would intrigue me quite a bit, and that little frown of despair that she often wears would tug at my heartstrings...

As for the others:

Lilly I would like and admire, but would think of her as out of my league. I wouldn't have been nearly mature enough to get her attraction, I think.

Rin I would like, and of course I would admire her as an artist - we'd have that in common, at least - but I'd probably never get past her Cloudcuckoolander exterior. I'd think she was just deliberately being weird all the time. Funny, but not really conducive to anything deeper. Like Emi, I'd hang out with her.

Shizune would tire me out, as would Misha - too driven, too high-energy, too extroverted. I would like them and appreciate their friendship, but I'd feel drained after being around them for a few minutes.

Yuuko's a little too tightly-wound...though I would try to be friendly, I think she's just too stressed out.

So...yep. Emi at #1 and Hanako very closely at #2.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
arsde

Post by arsde »

It would be rin. : )

I just love her character more than anyone else. I like how she spaces out and just drown in her thoughts, I love drowning in my own thoughts and I also sometimes got a hard time saying the things I want. I also always get some kind of vibe going through my body everytime she smiles, ahh (still got some of the FEELS, kinda like it anyhow)

Only depressing thing is that I know I won't see someone as amazing looking and feel the same emotions for someone IRL as in a game because they are made to be the perfect story.
zeldas12

Post by zeldas12 »

I'd definitely date Hanako in real life. I don't mind how long it would take till shes fully comfortable with me, I'm patient.

My second choice would have to be Lilly.
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Fucking... any of them.

So lonely.

Nah, for reals, Lilly's probably my favorite. I really enjoyed all the paths, but Lilly strikes a certain chord with me - my interest in women lies more intellectually than physically, and while she's got a damn nice body, her personality and attitude are very appealing. I'm absolutely a fan of a "regal" woman, and my gentlemanly nature would be a perfect parallel to it.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if a woman with a mind like Lilly's is the woman I end up marrying some day. I just can't stand "ditzy" women.

A Shizune is fine too, though her competitive nature would likely irritate me after a while.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Gandara wrote:A Shizune is fine too, though her competitive nature would likely irritate me after a while.
Shizune-style would get on most peoples nerves after a while, i imagine
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Eh, there's certainly a demographic for it. My older brother, for example - he's insanely competitive. Makes challenges out of anything (that he knows he can win).

It made growing up with the guy a real pain. Thankfully, I've got the patience of a saint and managed to put up with it for 14 years. Now we get along great, but he'll still challenge me to duels all the time.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Lilly, and assuming that the language barrier isn't there, Misha. Emi is way too active for me, Rin wouldn't really be that much of a relationship, Shizune exists, and Hanako would kinda be too much baggage. Lilly is calm and accepting and just kinda great all-around. Misha kinda fits me better than Lilly, but she'd still kinda have the emotional baggage, but I think I could handle hers.

edit: The only problem is that I won't be able to play Smash Bros. with either of them ever. Lilly is blind, so that's kind of a given. Misha is fun, but she and I have completely different views on luck and randomness. She'd be all wanting items on and playing on Warioware because "luck is a skill, Robochan" NO IT ISN'T YOU IGNORAMUS THAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF SKILL AND WHY EVEN MAKE ME PLAY BY THESE DUMB RULES IF YOU'RE GOING TO NEVER PICK UP ANY OF THE ITEMS AND JUST HAMMER SPAM FOR THE WHOLE MATCH THAT'S NOT EVEN A GOOD MOVE 89% OF THE TIME AAAAAAAUGH. The only ones that would even remotely be good for competitive Smash are A. Shizune, and even then she'd just make up her own rules and force me to adapt, and B. Hanako, who might not be very good but would at least play by plausible rules and attempt to improve. Maybe her baggage isn't really that heavy. Normally I wouldn't care about games, but Smash is my absolute passion.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Xiious

Post by Xiious »

Gandara wrote:Eh, there's certainly a demographic for it. My older brother, for example - he's insanely competitive. Makes challenges out of anything (that he knows he can win).

It made growing up with the guy a real pain. Thankfully, I've got the patience of a saint and managed to put up with it for 14 years. Now we get along great, but he'll still challenge me to duels all the time.

duels....as in...?