Should I finish Emi's path?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirrormn

Re: Should I finish Emi's path?

Post by Mirrormn »

I think the storage shed scene is easily the worst part of Emi's route, and probably the worst part of the entire game. It's painfully unnecessary, awkward, and immature. But, it doesn't influence the quality of the rest of the route or the rest of the game. If you didn't enjoy it, just forget about it. Pretend it never happened, and press on. Emi's route is definitely still worth playing to completion.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Funnily enough, I thought the Storage Shed scene said a lot about Emi's character: she's impulsive, adventurous, and often regrets her decisions, but she'll give it a shot once.

That said, they're never doing that again.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Mahorfeus wrote:Emi's route was my first - frankly I think it's the best possible one to play first, for reasons I can't quite explain.

I'd definitely say to see it to the end.
It wasn't my first route, and it's not y favorite, but I'd agree it's probably one the best to start with. It gives you a nice entry into the world without making you an emotional wreck like some of the others do.
Not Dead Yet
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

It isn't the best part of the game of course, but i didn't hate it. I mean, when you just got into sex, awkward experiments are bound to happen. We all get there at one time or another. It is also typical for Emi's character. Gotta love her for that :)

@ Oddball: Emi's route affected me more than any other route. Probably because it reminded me of my own life. Everyone will react differently on each act, but they are all amazing.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

gRaViJa wrote: @ Oddball: Emi's route affected me more than any other route. Probably because it reminded me of my own life. Everyone will react differently on each act, but they are all amazing.
Fair enough. I probably should have said that it's less likely to make you a wreck than some of the others. Usually when people talk about routes that make them feel bad, Rin's or Hanako's seem to be the most commonly mentioned.

Like you said, though, not every arc affects people the same way.
Not Dead Yet
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

You must finish Emi's path! Like so many others have said, your near the end, and the end is quite rewarding.
XD005

Post by XD005 »

Thanks guys! Oddly I couldn't start another route if I wanted to... I just tried to today and had this nagging feeling like I just abandoned her. :(
And since I'm near the end, I might as well finish anyway. Once again, thanks everyone! I'll update as to which ending I get.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

XD005 wrote:Thanks guys! Oddly I couldn't start another route if I wanted to... I just tried to today and had this nagging feeling like I just abandoned her. :(
And since I'm near the end, I might as well finish anyway. Once again, thanks everyone! I'll update as to which ending I get.
It's not uncommon. The writers made sure you invested a lot of emotions in her. (Ultimately to no end, of course, but it forces you to stick with that character until you're done.)

REminds me - I've not seen her bad end, yet.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Paddy wrote:REminds me - I've not seen her bad end, yet.
What you did there, I see it.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Mirrormn wrote:... It's painfully unnecessary, awkward, and immature.
Yep. Totally sounds like something teenagers would do.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
XD005

Post by XD005 »

Paddy wrote:
XD005 wrote:Thanks guys! Oddly I couldn't start another route if I wanted to... I just tried to today and had this nagging feeling like I just abandoned her. :(
It's not uncommon. The writers made sure you invested a lot of emotions in her. (Ultimately to no end, of course, but it forces you to stick with that character until you're done.)

Just finished. Luckily I got the good ending. You guys were right, after the shed scene and the brief part where Kenji comes up, it does pick up again. I really enjoyed her story.

Also looking back at the bad ending, you don't want to see it, trust me. Its totally heart breaking. XD
Fluffboll

Post by Fluffboll »

Paddy wrote:

"Ultimately to no end" Excuse me but what? I don't think you played the same route as I did...
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

gRaViJa wrote:@ Oddball: Emi's route affected me more than any other route. Probably because it reminded me of my own life.
Same here, actually, but for different reasons - it made me realise what utter failure I was with my life, that even a girl without legs could manage better than me. And now I make Emi proud.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
fabio.salvador

Post by fabio.salvador »

Emi´s route was the first I ever finished, and I think that the anal scene is quite realistic: I know people who will not try this kind of stuff again because of a painful first time. I mean, girls, ya know.

But... I think it´s an underdeveolped route. I mean... Emi is childish, her anal sex scene comes with bad timing, is not really sexy, and in the end, she acts like a year-more mature girl than shee looked in the entire game until the last scene.

I was happy to win the good ending, but somehow it disappointed me.

Hanako´s route hit me right in the heart, and I compare tose two routes, which makes Emi´s even more shallow.
If I were free to choose, whenever any character did anything to hurt Hanako, I would be able to call that person outdoors and the game screen would change to Street-Fighter-esque mode.
axlryder

Post by axlryder »

Bigbishounen wrote:Absolutely. you should finish EVERY path. Each girl has so much to offer. You must not abandon any of them. Seriously, Emi's path is a good one. Just remember to listen to Mouto. He is wise and following his advice leads to good things. Ignoring it leads to heartache.

Good luck man, and give Emi a good poke for me. :wink:
Honestly, I found Shizune's path to be very disappointing.