Lilly at the end of Hanako's route {spoilers}

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Althamus

Lilly at the end of Hanako's route {spoilers}

Post by Althamus »

In Lilly's route, we know that Lilly is given the opportunity to leave for Scotland, but that the decision is a tough one for her to make, which I presume is because it'll involve her leaving her life behind, but mainly because it'll mean breaking up with her boyfriend and leaving Hanako to fend for herself.

However, in Hanako's route, Hisao isn't Lilly's boyfriend, and Hanako has someone else to take care of her (and at this point hopefully would be as independant and outgoing as she is in Lillys route at that point in time).
On the other hand, Hisao is her friend rather than boyfriend, so would take less offense at being kept out of the loop, so might be able to remind her that her life is still in Japan and convince her to stay. But on the other hand again, he'd have less incentive to doso.

Do you think that in this scenario Lilly would leave for Scotland?
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Tomate

Re: Lilly at the end of Hanako's route {spoilers}

Post by Tomate »

Pretty sure she would leave.

She almost left in her own route but was stopped by Hissao heart attack,
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

That almost goes without question. Yes. Especially if your relationship with Hanako is supposed to blossom into something not only wonderful, but which gives her back some of her humanity.

Why else would she stay?
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Very likely. She was already pretty much ready to migrate in her own route despite having a boyfriend in Japan. I think in Hanako's route, she'd have somewhat less qualms about returning to Scotland.
Brodoin

Post by Brodoin »

I think it's possible.

I'm sure it'd be hard on Hanako, but with Hisao still there she would recover without too much hardship.
megiddo

Post by megiddo »

It's best that Lilly leaves because Hanako hates her.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

No, she doesn't.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Someone got the bad ending...
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
megiddo

Post by megiddo »

Althamus wrote:Someone got the bad ending...
Exactly. She let that slip out in her bad ending when she let loose with her true feelings. Deep down she hates being protected and being a burden. She hates Lilly in the same way that (I imagine) zoo animals hate their keepers. The animals are comfortable, sure, but they really want freedom and independence (assuming they were intelligent). And at that moment she hated Hisao more than Lilly because she truly thought he would treat her like an equal. Instead she ended up under Hisao's patronizing protection.

Or do you think it would be more accurate to say that Hanako resents Lilly?
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Lilly comes back from Scotland, finds out that Hanako and Hisao are dating and she gets super jealous.

My avatar is basically the end result of Lilly's jealously.

In a positive light, either one of two things happen:

1. Lilly's aunt is so sick and perhaps dying, so she stays in Scotland for a long period of time, perhaps for a good long while.

2. Lilly aunt gets better, comes back to Japan and finds out that Hanako and Hisao are dating. She is very supportive of them and is very happy Hanako is outta her shell.

Alternately, there could be Hanako's bad ending:

Lilly is pissed at HIsao for hurting Hanako and blames him for ruining her and Hanako's friendship due to his White Knighting. She is rather depressed that Hanako hates her and doesn't talk to her after leaving high school. Hanako may or may out commit suicide and if does, Lilly winds up hating Hisao even more and blames him for Hanako's suicide, even delcaring that HIsao killed Hanako indirectly.
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

Snow_Storm wrote:Lilly comes back from Scotland, finds out that Hanako and Hisao are dating and she gets super jealous.

My avatar is basically the end result of Lilly's jealously.

In a positive light, either one of two things happen:

1. Lilly's aunt is so sick and perhaps dying, so she stays in Scotland for a long period of time, perhaps for a good long while.

2. Lilly aunt gets better, comes back to Japan and finds out that Hanako and Hisao are dating. She is very supportive of them and is very happy Hanako is outta her shell.

Alternately, there could be Hanako's bad ending:

Lilly is pissed at HIsao for hurting Hanako and blames him for ruining her and Hanako's friendship due to his White Knighting. She is rather depressed that Hanako hates her and doesn't talk to her after leaving high school. Hanako may or may out commit suicide and if does, Lilly winds up hating Hisao even more and blames him for Hanako's suicide, even delcaring that HIsao killed Hanako indirectly.

Aaaaaaand you win the thread.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.