The Rin arc is so frustrating

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CrimsonMoonMist

Re: The Rin arc is so frustrating

Post by CrimsonMoonMist »

Mirrormn wrote:
megiddo wrote:So to sum up this thread:
The people autism somehow completely understood and related with Rin, and the normal people thought Rin was annoying.
As I said in another thread: she's not autistic. And you don't need to be autistic to understand her, you just need to be very patient.
Yeah, she's just generally different from the people around her, and I highly doubt she was supposed to represent any specific way of being so.
Guess it's just that people who've gotten an official 'suck at emotions' label slapped in their face warm up to her character quicker.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Just finished Rin's arc. I wasn't as emotionally stirred as with the arc i previously played, but that's mainly because i can not relate as much to her an the story as in the previous act. Rin's story really was a rollercoaster of emotions. And I don't think i will never really understand Rin (and neither does Hisao). I think the end (from the crying scene and onwards) was written exceptionally well and Rin's story did learn me a lesson: live for today. The past is behind us and nobody can't foresee the future. So just do what you think is best and never regret. Never change. Only then we can truly accept ourselves and others :)

Time to contemplate about this for a few days (luckily no manly tears this time though :p) and then it's time for arc number 3. God, i'm slow!
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

gRaViJa wrote:Never change. Only then we can truly accept ourselves and others :)
Er you might want to change your mind on that... lol. If I had to pick it out from Rin's story, Early in her arc she talks about how everyone passively changes over time. Specifically, she was talking about how her art changes over time as it's a reflection of herself changing. But she was trying to brute force change in a very short time span with the Art Gallery. Which was the unhealthy way to go about it.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Daitengu wrote:
gRaViJa wrote:Never change. Only then we can truly accept ourselves and others :)
Er you might want to change your mind on that... lol. If I had to pick it out from Rin's story, Early in her arc she talks about how everyone passively changes over time. Specifically, she was talking about how her art changes over time as it's a reflection of herself changing. But she was trying to brute force change in a very short time span with the Art Gallery. Which was the unhealthy way to go about it.
Maybe I should rephrase. We all change over time, but it should be a natural flow, and not forced like Rin tried to. I think the last scene is pretty clear how she says that she doesn't has to change.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25