Am I Heartless ??

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Nekken

Re: Am I Heartless ??

Post by Nekken »

While strong emotional reactions to this game are common,they are by no means universal. There is nothing wrong with you.

Besides, you strike me as more the Unversed type :mrgreen:
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Ah, you're not alone, I think.
Well, I loved the story, I loved all of it, it was touching, but not enough to make me cry.
It was a beautiful story though. I can't bring myself to cry in many situations.
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

One thing i have to say ... it's becoming sorta a stereotype ... that if you don't cry the game dosen't touch you in someway ... and that seems unfair

So if I don't cry for a week or I don't have some sorta life changing moment ... I don't understand the game

The reason Shizune's ending hit me hard is back 7 years ago my best friend at the time cheated with my GF ( wasn't to serious ) .... but i lost a friend of over 10 years ... and was worse then getting cheated on ( of course i cried like a little girl ) so that and the bullying i went through in school lead to some trust issue that i worked my ass off to get over

So when i saw Shizune bad ending i was suppose to cry manly tears ?? I know "the feels" all to well that doesn't make them any less real just because i didn't shead a few tears
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Your not heartless, you simply have a stronger will than other guys.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Brodoin

Post by Brodoin »

I got really emotional, but I didn't shed any man tears.

I was very close, though. Probably would've if Hanako's route was just a few minutes longer.
Wander

Post by Wander »

If it's only a question of crying, I can't say I really did that either. But that's seriously irrelevant in a way. Everyone reacts differently and laughing and crying are both rare things for me.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Wander wrote:If it's only a question of crying, I can't say I really did that either. But that's seriously irrelevant in a way. Everyone reacts differently and laughing and crying are both rare things for me.
I'll take you up on the laughing part, I can make anyone laugh in the right moment.

Except Spock
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Alexbond45 wrote:
Wander wrote:If it's only a question of crying, I can't say I really did that either. But that's seriously irrelevant in a way. Everyone reacts differently and laughing and crying are both rare things for me.
I'll take you up on the laughing part, I can make anyone laugh in the right moment.

Except Spock
*clenches his lips and tries his damndest not to laugh*

:3
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Tachikoma

Post by Tachikoma »

I haven't shed tears either, but the game definitely had some emotional impact on me, which is the reason why I liked it.

I guess you can look at this from another perspective: Some people are more emotionally vulnerable to content like this for reasons such as, KS reminding them of past events, depression, loneliness, or perhaps they are easily immersed in the game.
Chekchie

Post by Chekchie »

I can add that to some people, KS could be the first "deep" story they've ever seen.
I think KS is great and it search for deep feelings, but I've seen a lot of pieces like that, so crying wasn't in my schedule for this one ^^'
Maybe it's also because I'm in a very happy relationship right now ^^'
KILLTHIS

Post by KILLTHIS »

Daitengu wrote:-Mental illness (somethings like ADD and autism prevent people from being about to empathize
Ouch. I'm autistic and yet I feel emotions over the game, sometimes I even cry about it, because I actually feel affected. Yet to say every autistic person is different than the previous one, so it just may be me.
"God send euery gentleman,
Such haukes, such hounds, and such a Leman." - The Three Ravens
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

KILLTHIS wrote:
Daitengu wrote:-Mental illness (somethings like ADD and autism prevent people from being about to empathize
Ouch. I'm autistic and yet I feel emotions over the game, sometimes I even cry about it, because I actually feel affected. Yet to say every autistic person is different than the previous one, so it just may be me.
It's been said before, but Autism is a sliding scale. Just take my example with a grain of salt. I just have a really messed up family, so my view tends to reflect my personal experiences.
KILLTHIS

Post by KILLTHIS »

Daitengu wrote:
KILLTHIS wrote:
It's been said before, but Autism is a sliding scale. Just take my example with a grain of salt. I just have a really messed up family, so my view tends to reflect my personal experiences.
Hehe, don't worry, I was just teasing ya. ;)
"God send euery gentleman,
Such haukes, such hounds, and such a Leman." - The Three Ravens
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

ziamatt wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:You're not heartless, you just don't take video games seriously, thus you have a life.
He has a life because this particular story didn't move him to tears? I really don't think that's a reasonable conclusion. Not to say he doesn't have a life; I think you can't reasonably conclude one way or the other.

Sorry if I keep it real!

:(
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

Snow_Storm wrote: Sorry if I keep it real!

:(

But.. you aren't. Your claim has such a broad meaning that's it's practically useless. and is usually viewed as a troll.

There's married people commenting on getting the feels from KS, and even one professor who was inspired.