ROYAL RUMBLE!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Who is the winner of this ultimate showdown?

Lilly
13%
Hanako
10%
Emi
8%
Shizune
10%
Rin
1%
Misha
3%
Kenji
12%
Yuuko
1%
Mutuo
2%
Nurse
1%
Meiko
1%
Akira
5%
Jigoro
31%
Hisao
1%

Total votes: 98

SwimmingInCloudland

ROYAL RUMBLE!

Post by SwimmingInCloudland »

So, saw this idea on another thread and decided to make it. If it has been done already, forgive me. *sebastian bow*
So tell me, if someone had the genius brainwave of making a fighting game out of all of this, who would win and why?
ProfAllister: Either way, it's not the fedora on the outside that matters; it's the fedora on the inside that counts.
Deadeye

Re: ROYAL RUMBLE!

Post by Deadeye »

Jigoro obviously, man has a sword and kills bears if you believe the rumors.

Lilly can't see any attack, Shizune likewise couldn't hear an attack if she wasn't facing it. Hanako wouldn't have the courage to fight, but even if she had the rage from her bad ending it couldn't stop a sword. Rin can kick, but is otherwise defenseless and Emi could some running chuck norris move but she rarely trains her upper body strength. Yuuko would lose against a desk. Misha could probably annoy people to death, but that would be time consuming. Hisao would just roll over and die from a heart attack, not like he has any strength anyways. Kenji is nearly as blind as Lilly and lacks any real combative abilities, he could flail at his opponents but with mild success. The Nurse could drug 'em so I'd place him at around 3rd in this. Mutou is somewhat a wild card, he might fight or he might just ponder for the sake of pondering. Akira might have some drunken scottish rage ability, and Meiko might actually have some strength to fight is still one hand short.
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Shizune ... just because of the shizune fanboy in me
SwimmingInCloudland

Kenji..... OPTIC BLAST!!!
ProfAllister: Either way, it's not the fedora on the outside that matters; it's the fedora on the inside that counts.
Wander

Post by Wander »

Deadeye wrote:Jigoro obviously, man has a sword and kills bears if you believe the rumors.

Lilly can't see any attack, Shizune likewise couldn't hear an attack if she wasn't facing it. Hanako wouldn't have the courage to fight, but even if she had the rage from her bad ending it couldn't stop a sword. Rin can kick, but is otherwise defenseless and Emi could some running chuck norris move but she rarely trains her upper body strength. Yuuko would lose against a desk. Misha could probably annoy people to death, but that would be time consuming. Hisao would just roll over and die from a heart attack, not like he has any strength anyways. Kenji is nearly as blind as Lilly and lacks any real combative abilities, he could flail at his opponents but with mild success. The Nurse could drug 'em so I'd place him at around 3rd in this. Mutou is somewhat a wild card, he might fight or he might just ponder for the sake of pondering. Akira might have some drunken scottish rage ability, and Meiko might actually have some strength to fight is still one hand short.
A pretty good and thorough analysis.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Emi would win with superior speed and mechanic-taekwondo moves.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Jigoro is teh man.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Are we talking one-on-one, tournament style? Or a chaotic free-for-all where teams and alliances can be made and broken at the drop of a hat?

In a one-on-one, Jigoro. He's got the weight, he's got the sword, he's got the muscle.

In a FFA, tough to tell. Deadeye's analysis seems pretty good, though.
But probably still Jigoro.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

Hmm.. I think in either a FFA or One on One comp.
the final pairing would be...
Jigoro the Warrior V's Shizune the Tactician.

Jigoro, eliminating the competition with sheer strength, and a broadside of insults.
Shizune, using deliberate planning and superior strategy to coerce her opponents into a battle on her terms.

Finally, in the ultimate show down. Father V's Daughter.
Both preparing to unleash their ultimate attacks.
Jigoro, with a a flurry of swings from his Katana, the sounds of it slicing through the air, and a crack of thunder summons forth a Signed limited edition release of his Autobiography.
Shizune, carefully removes her glasses, looking her father in the eyes, delivers a precision strike with a single Perfectly SPOKEN word "Daddy?"

There can only be one winner!!!
[To continue watching this special event on Pay Per View, please insert your credit card details now.]
[Charges will be a one off fee of $29.95.]
For Queen and Country
SwimmingInCloudland

alien.marksman wrote:
Jigoro, with a a flurry of swings from his Katana, the sounds of it slicing through the air, and a crack of thunder summons forth a Signed limited edition release of his Autobiography.
Shizune, carefully removes her glasses, looking her father in the eyes, delivers a precision strike with a single Perfectly SPOKEN word "Daddy?"

[To continue watching this special event on Pay Per View, please insert your credit card details now.]
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

alien.marksman wrote:Hmm.. I think in either a FFA or One on One comp.
the final pairing would be...
Jigoro the Warrior V's Shizune the Tactician.

Jigoro, eliminating the competition with sheer strength, and a broadside of insults.
Shizune, using deliberate planning and superior strategy to coerce her opponents into a battle on her terms.

Lem Sportsinterviews
3782 0163 8373 8272
Superfied Credit Union
PIN: 5675 CVV: 667
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

To shamelessly steal another person's idea:
The fight raged on for a century, many lives were claimed, but eventually, the champion stood, the rest saw their better: Yuuko in a bloodstained sweater.
My apologies for not being able to cite whoever originally came up with that, I can't recall the thread in which it was posted.

Anyway, special mentions to Lilly for being a badass Daredevil blind ninja archetype, and to Misha, who would bust through the heavens with her drills.
Last edited by Mysterious Stranger on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

This is the Ultimate Showdown, Of ultimate Destiny, Cute Girls Dumb Guys and explo-sions, as far as the eye can see.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
SwimmingInCloudland

Old Emi was runnin' around Yamaku School like a big playground when suddenly Kenji burst from the shade, and hit Emi with his optic rays...
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Jigoro might win...

BUT, Shizune will come out as the winner as the strategist and the manipulator.

(after Jigoro finishes pretty much all the rivals)

Shizune would come up to him, hug him saying 'thanks, you're the best dad' and all...

(now DIE)

then stabs him close-range, least expected.

and just like in Mirai Nikki fashion, Shizune would save the last person--the easiest to control and manipulate--Hisao. With just a kiss, an incentive for him to exert himself, he'll die by his own due to his heart. When it's all done, she'll take off her glasses and signs:

[Just as planned]

(NOTE: Really can see Akira wielding a Tommy gun with some shades in this 8) )
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story