ROYAL RUMBLE!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Who is the winner of this ultimate showdown?

Lilly
13%
Hanako
10%
Emi
8%
Shizune
10%
Rin
1%
Misha
3%
Kenji
12%
Yuuko
1%
Mutuo
2%
Nurse
1%
Meiko
1%
Akira
5%
Jigoro
31%
Hisao
1%

Total votes: 98

Breaker deGodot

Re: ROYAL RUMBLE!

Post by Breaker deGodot »

Well... let's explore this, shall we?

Lilly would be unable to see any blows, and would die quickly. Hanako would probably go crazy at the sight of her best friend dead, and go into shock (making her an easy target). Emi would try her hardest to run away, but eventually her strong will would come back to haunt her. She'd march bravely into the fray die quickly and horribly.
Rin wouldn't have a chance. I mean, are you really surprised? Yuuko would die just as quickly as Lilly, and in the same manner as Hanako. Hisao would have a heart attack after a few blows. Mutou would probably put up a decent fight, but eventually he'd space out in the midst of battle and get rammed through by Jigoro.
Speaking of Jigoro, he'd survive significantly longer than the others, but he'd still die eventually since he'd just be mindlessly raining blows on everyone. It takes brains to win a battle, after all.
The Nurse would attempt to patch up Emi in the heat of battle, and end up getting killed by Jigoro in the onslaught. Meiko would see both Emi and the Nurse dying and immediately kill herself out of sorrow. Akira would do the same upon seeing Lilly dead.

This leaves only three people: Shizune, Misha and Kenji.
During this entire battle Kenji would undoubtedly retreat to his fallout sheltar, mistaking this for the feminist uprising (then again it might as well be a feminist uprising). He would wait it out for a few weeks.
Shizune and Misha would also do a quick "tactical retreat" to consider a strategy. During this time they'd eventually realize that everyone else is dead, and that in order for one of them to be the winner one must die (There can be only one, after all). They'd double cross each other with Shizune shooting Misha, and Misha shooting her right back. They would then die in each others arms, confessing their love for each other with their dying breath.
Kenji, obviously, wins by default.

My God, I'm a sadistic bastard, aren't I?
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

unless something unexpected happens
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
lml99

Post by lml99 »

Since this immediately reminded me of it, I'm going to use Battle Royale as a template. Lilly would join Hisao and Akira to try and survive the game together. Hanako would stay with Lilly, but sustain her distance from the rest of the group, fearing their loyalty. When the inevitable slaughter ensues, Hanako would be overcome with rage at the sight of Lilly's death and beat the perpetrator to death with a trash can lid. Emi, being tthe social butterfly she is, would also join a larger group as well. When the massacre occurs, she'd try to run, but those prosthetics don't do so well in the thick forest. She trips and gets shot up. Shizune would betray Misha and begin picking off the others one by one. That's one thing that everyone should learn from BR. The quiet ones usually end up slitting everyone's throat. Rin's abstract thoughts would culminate into psychic powers, but she'd be too preoccupied to notice the person creeping up behind her with a sickle. Kenji, fully prepared for such an event, would attempt to escape the game by himself. He'd spend the entire time planning his way out, (battle royale spoilers) only to be thwarted by an uzi toting psychopath at the very end. Determined to get into university, Yuuko would try and kill a few others, only to be swiftly cut down by Jigiro's blade. Nurse, who would protest the game entirely to save the students, would be executed by the game's creators. Mutou would be hosting the game, seeing as though no one could truly understand or appreciate his class besides Hisao. Eventually though, the final survivors would kill him. Meiko, in protest to her daughter and her friends risking their lives, would also be killed by the game's hosts and creators. Akira would try and lead Hisao and Lilly to the end of the game together using her mafia supplied handgun. She'd go on to score a hit on Jigoro by pure luck with her gun, and shoot Mutou as they met as well. However, she'd die from a previous bullet wound as they finished. Jigoro would be committing all the massacres with his katana for sheer entertainment. In the end, he would even slay his own daughter. Somewhere in the game, Hisao would get a heart attack and die. In the end, Lilly, who would probably be one of the least qualified to survive, would be the sole survivor and go on to blow up a building in another movie.
formerly athankfulanon
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Well Might as well be a Micheal Bay film then.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

lml99 wrote:Since this immediately reminded me of it, I'm going to use Battle Royale as a template.
Alexbond45 wrote:Well Might as well be a Micheal Bay film then.
Are you implying that Battle Royale is on par with Michael Bay films? Blasphemy, sir, blasphemy.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
SwimmingInCloudland

Post by SwimmingInCloudland »

Maybe I should start making polls on certain 1 vs 1 or maybe team matches, see who would win by poll... :idea:
ProfAllister: Either way, it's not the fedora on the outside that matters; it's the fedora on the inside that counts.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Breaker deGodot wrote:Well... let's explore this, shall we?

Lilly would be unable to see any blows, and would die quickly. Hanako would probably go crazy at the sight of her best friend dead, and go into shock (making her an easy target). Emi would try her hardest to run away, but eventually her strong will would come back to haunt her. She'd march bravely into the fray die quickly and horribly.
Rin wouldn't have a chance. I mean, are you really surprised? Yuuko would die just as quickly as Lilly, and in the same manner as Hanako. Hisao would have a heart attack after a few blows. Mutou would probably put up a decent fight, but eventually he'd space out in the midst of battle and get rammed through by Jigoro.
Speaking of Jigoro, he'd survive significantly longer than the others, but he'd still die eventually since he'd just be mindlessly raining blows on everyone. It takes brains to win a battle, after all.
The Nurse would attempt to patch up Emi in the heat of battle, and end up getting killed by Jigoro in the onslaught. Meiko would see both Emi and the Nurse dying and immediately kill herself out of sorrow. Akira would do the same upon seeing Lilly dead.

This leaves only three people: Shizune, Misha and Kenji.
During this entire battle Kenji would undoubtedly retreat to his fallout sheltar, mistaking this for the feminist uprising (then again it might as well be a feminist uprising). He would wait it out for a few weeks.
Shizune and Misha would also do a quick "tactical retreat" to consider a strategy. During this time they'd eventually realize that everyone else is dead, and that in order for one of them to be the winner one must die (There can be only one, after all). They'd double cross each other with Shizune shooting Misha, and Misha shooting her right back. They would then die in each others arms, confessing their love for each other with their dying breath.
Kenji, obviously, wins by default.

My God, I'm a sadistic bastard, aren't I?
I think Lily would hold up pretty well for a while. With here ultra sensitive hearing, she'd probably be able to avoid an obnoxious Jigoro with ease. Not to mention her cane which could classify as a weapon as well.
alien.marksman

Post by alien.marksman »

alien.marksman wrote:... Jigoro, with a a flurry of swings from his Katana, the sounds of it slicing through the air, and a crack of thunder summons forth a Signed limited edition release of his Autobiography.
Shizune, carefully removes her glasses, looking her father in the eyes, delivers a precision strike with a single Perfectly SPOKEN word "Daddy?"

There can only be one winner!!! ...
The Arena is bathed in a blinding light, the crowd too stunned to utter a single word. The collective silence, deafening.
Gradually as vision is restored, smoke clearing from the scene of battle, there stands a lone figure.
Shizune, Triumphant in her glory, Jigoro slumped in the corner no longer any will to fight.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!!

It's NIJI !!! Lilly's long forgotten and yet forever still faithful Guide Dog!
Quite obviously acting in revenge for the torment that Shizune has inflicted on Lilly for years.
The crowd erupts in a frenzy of excitement. Shizune quick to recognise this latest threat.
Alas, Not quick enough.
Shizune barely has enough time to raise her arm in defence as Niji leaps towards her.
His teeth sinking in to Shizunes forearm. The pain crashing across Shizunes face speaks volumes.
Not accustomed to such tactics, and being completely outmatched in speed, nor is she used to such Painfully direct physical attacks.
Shizune reluctantly Taps Out, the battle over.

So now, the time is upon us. The referee acknowledges our Victor: Niji
For Queen and Country
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

I think I figured out how it went! :D It comes with illustrations.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Paddy wrote:I think I figured out how it went! :D It comes with illustrations.
http://i42.tinypic.com/4szo07.png
What is this, I don't even-
What in the name of-

They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
SwimmingInCloudland

Post by SwimmingInCloudland »

At first I was all like, "Ooh, nice fun thread, little joking around, what could happen?"

ProfAllister: Either way, it's not the fedora on the outside that matters; it's the fedora on the inside that counts.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Paddy wrote:I think I figured out how it went! :D It comes with illustrations.
http://i42.tinypic.com/4szo07.png
That "soda" must have been something like this.

Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

ShadeHaven wrote: That "soda" must have been something like this.

Four Loko
I was actually thinking more a disguised demoman bomb:
So, yeah, that might work!
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Interesting enough 'loko' translates as 'crazy/insane/nutbag' in Spanish.

So 'Four Loko' with 'fruit punch' flavor can also be:

"For Nutbags". Isn't there a saying that if someone is crazy, he's 'a fruit punch' or something?

...since Meiko has them, then there's the possibility that..
*ERROR*
*ERROR*
Blown my own mind
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Megumeru wrote:Interesting enough 'loko' translates as 'crazy/insane/nutbag' in Spanish.

So 'Four Loko' with 'fruit punch' flavor can also be:

"For Nutbags". Isn't there a saying that if someone is crazy, he's 'a fruit punch' or something?

...since Meiko has them, then there's the possibility that..
*ERROR*
*ERROR*
Blown my own mind
*Gasp!* Could it be that she's the feminist leader?