KS: The Next Generation

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pentaghost

KS: The Next Generation

Post by Pentaghost »

Let me start off by saying that I apologise if this is against the rules or off-topic, but since there is no off-topic room I thought this would be the best place to post my idea. So feel free to close/delete this if I've crossed a line.

Anyway, I started playing KS a couple of months ago just after it was released and have avoided these forums mostly because I didn't want to be spoiled. Everyone seems very diligent with their use of the spoiler tags but I guess I was a little paranoid. Now that I've finished all five routes I've finally had a read through a lot of the threads on here and was a little surprised at how many people have been left emotionally drained/touched/inspired by this game. I felt a little weird when I had finished the last route, ashamed maybe that I'd let something so trivial affect me so deeply, but having seen I'm not the only one it's made me realise I have nothing to be ashamed about.

And that's precisely why I'm posting this. I've been left feeling inspired by this game and I have no idea how to direct it. Seeing that we have an entire message board full of people who have been left with similar feelings I was thinking why not try to direct that inspiration into a new game? If the original could take shape from just one little picture I'm sure it'd be a lot easier to craft a new one using the original as our inspiration. I don't mean using the original characters, those belong to 4LS and their story has been told, but if the devs didn't mind we could still use Yamaku as the setting to tell the stories of a group of new characters.

I realise it's a long shot but I'd be interested in seeing how many people would be willing to contribute to such a project. Or maybe I should just go lie down and forget about KS for a bit, ha.
Nobody in Particular

Re: KS: The Next Generation

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Well there is a novel being worked on called Love Despite (originally called Katawa Shoujo Plus) which is probably the closest we are ever gonna come to one. It works off the same idea but with different characters. Might not ever get created, but we can only hope.
Libra

Post by Libra »

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5721&start=15

Here is a link to a old locked thread about the topic.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

what happened to katawa shoujo plus? Are they working somewhere? Do they have fourms or anything?
Libra

Post by Libra »

ubergeneral wrote:what happened to katawa shoujo plus? Are they working somewhere? Do they have fourms or anything?
They have a chatroom on mirc, I sure if you google it you will find it but I believe it's invite only.

good luck.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Set feels to overwhelming, Number One.

Still, I wish the best of luck to anyone and everyone who plans on expanding on what KS has started. With any luck they won't crash and burn.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |