??? regarding Hanako being an orphan

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: ??? regarding Hanako being an orphan

Post by Oddball »

CindehQ wrote:The real question is how does Hanako afford Yamaku? The school is clearly private and well-funded.
A combination of government assistance and scholarship programs perhaps?

If the school is well funded, then I'd assume they could afford various scholarships and discounts for students they feel really need the help. We know they gave Misha's parents a break since she was studying sign language.
Not Dead Yet
ShinigamiKenji

Post by ShinigamiKenji »

How much does she get from government assistance then? I believe it shouldn't be THAT much, because there should be many more orphans around, but if it's stated she's not poor... She could even save up to travel around in Lilliy's route. I assume she began saving after Hisao enters Yamaku, because she developed much faster in this period, so this didn't leave much time to save up money.
Xanatos wrote:Shinigami...Kenji. Oh, you poor guy. You have my sympathies. :lol: But at least with you around, our supple Japanese women won't be raped by lesbians. :mrgreen: ...Actually, that'd be pretty hot

:lol:
Avatar made by OtakuNinja. Yeah, it would be pretty badass if it happened, don't you think?
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Pyramid Head wrote:Um... i' and it''s likely the Ikezawa family was small before Scorpion got his angsty zombie hands on them.
Hang on...so Hanako's father is actually Sub-Zero and Scorpion killed her family in revenge for Subby killing Scorpion's family pre-MK1?

And how the fuck is Scorpion's angsty?
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

Maybe Hanako's family was rich, but she only got access to her inheritance when she turned 15?
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

CindehQ wrote:The real question is how does Hanako afford Yamaku? The school is clearly private and well-funded.
Yeah, that question is bugging me as well..
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Hanako's parents were members of an elite group of assassins who, after failing to execute one of their own who attempted to leave the organization, were hunted down and killed by their former colleague. The last words Hanako heard before she blacked out from the pain was the killer saying, "Ten years from now, if you still feel raw about this? Find me. I'll be waiting."
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Megumeru wrote:Suddenly the devs drop by and say:

"dude, Lilly IS Hanako's mother."

or

"Hisao is Hanako's brother/cousin."

WHAT A TWIST!
M. Night Shyamalan (holy crap I spelled his name on the first try) would be proud.