Favorite Routes:
Emi
Lilly
Hanako
Megumeru

Re: Who was your first arc?

Post by Megumeru »

Shizune, hands down.

A 'thinking man's love interest', as quoted. Nothing more, nothing less.

We are the 'select' few who understands the struggles and character of Shizune Hakamichi. BE PROUD! 8)
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Libra

Post by Libra »

Emi.

I want to know who got the Kenji death ending for the first time playing.

I hope that didn't put you off the game.
Autopsy

Post by Autopsy »

Libra wrote:Emi.

That would be funny, but I'd rather see which girls people went for first.
Favorite Routes:
Emi
Lilly
Hanako
Fluffboll

Post by Fluffboll »

Autopsy wrote:

That would be funny, but I'd rather see which girls people went for first.
I didn't "go for" any girl specifically when I played through KS the first time, I just made the choices I would have made in those situations.

When I started playing KS I had no idea about anything since it is my first VN :)

Got Emi's route first btw
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

My first arc was Emi.
Second was Hanako.
2 mile+ walk each day.
Days: 30
Days Missed: 1 (due to rain)
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Actually, I did. Was well on my way into the Shizune arc (she just appealed to me. I like a challenge with my women!) And then I made the fatal error of getting snarky at the wrong moment and ended up with Kenji. Played back through and got it right the second time, Good Ending Shizune. *dramatic pose!*
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
bluephoenix

Post by bluephoenix »

Technically, Kenji. Twice. In a row.

But if we count the demo, Lilly. And her's was the first proper route I got in the full game.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Despite deciding I wanted to play through Hanako or Shizune first time through, I really liked Emi and went with her instead :)

I got Kenji on my second playthrough when I decided I'd go with Hanako or Shizune, whichever felt more natural at the time. And because I did that and rejected Rin ("What? Rin? I wanted Shizune or Hanako, go away Rin.") I had a manly picnic.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Libra wrote:I want to know who got the Kenji death ending for the first time playing.

I did. I was trying for Hanako from the beginning, but I made the wrong choice during the argument between Lilly and Shizune, so I couldn't follow that path. The game ran me past the entrance to Rin's route, but I had no intention of joining the art club, and that was the last choice I was allowed to make before ending up at a manly picnic with Kenji.

It actually put me off the game a bit, because it made me think the "point" was to get a date for the festival, and the "reward" would be spending the festival with the girl of your choice. But I still was interested in Hanako, so I went back and used a flowchart to make sure I got on her route properly. Once I started making my way through Hanako's route, I realized that KS was much lengthier and more profound than I originally thought, and I was hooked from then on.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

I did Shizune's first. It wasn't what I expected from the demo, but it was charming especially near of the end of the good end. The last sex scene just had so much daw-inducing passion and there was that heartfelt talk at the end which helped me to understand Shizune a little bit more. I didn't fully get it the first time around, but I appreciated the effort the devs put into keeping Shizune in character for the entire path.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Emi, I didn't really try for any girl. I just did the options as I saw fit. I thought there'd be more adverse choices later on in choosing a girl. I think it was a good starting Arc, afterwards I did Shizune then Hanako once I found these forums and learned that Emi wasn't the only choice.
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
Khey

Post by Khey »

It's quite interesting how many people was courious if Hisao can survive chasing Emi :D
But honestly I ended in Emi's route too, but I wanted to play Hanako first so just saved the game and made it for second time...
Sane is boring!
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

My first route was Rin's i wasnt truing for any girl, but halfway through some computer problems forced me to reinstall KS and i forgot to make a backup of the save, after that i tried act 1 again using other choices and i ended with Hanako, some 10 hours later i got the bad ending.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

My first playthrough was fairly natural. I just selected the choices as I would, and I ended up with Emi, and I got the good ending. :)

After that, I tried for Hanako. I got whiskey on the roof instead.

After looking at the flow chart, then, to figure out what I was doing wrong, I chose to go for Shizune's path instead. Got the good ending. Then for completion, the bad one (not that I wanted to; I damn well knew what "comfort Misha" meant). I'm still not sure I completely get the bad ending.

Then I chose Lilly, went for the neutral ending, then for the good ending. (It's actually better, in my opinion, to play Lilly's endings in that order.)

I'll tackle Hanako, then Rin. But not before I play through Lilly's good ending again. It's too good to play through only once.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?