Rin
8%
Shizune
7%

Total votes: 705

Mysterious Stranger

Re: Who was your first arc?

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Episcia wrote:I got Lilly's neutral ending first; I accidentally made Hisao drop the subject and pretty much got quite depressed at the neutral ending. Went for her good ending soon enough, though, but I felt that, overall, Lilly's routes were pretty much downers for me. Yep, even her good ending felt painfully bittersweet (read: the airport chase and what came after).

After that, I ended up with Hanako's route and got the good ending.

After Hanako comes Emi. Got to the good ending, although I did reach the bad ending (and loaded it back).
Er... so did you stop playing before the music box appeared? I won't lie and say that I didn't cry at her good ending (which I got first, maybe that's it), but I don't know how you could find it genuinely painful or bittersweet in any sort of way, except in how fucking gorgeous it all was.

If you want bittersweet, try Rin's arc. Christ, now there's a downer of an arc.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Hanako was my first route and favorite girl. I ended up getting the bad ending first.

After that, it was Rin, Emi, Shizune, and finally Lilly. I can't remember at what point I got Kenji, but I remember trying to see what would happen if I alienated all the girls before the festival.

I played the game straight without any guides or even accessing the library option in the extras until I got the good and bad endings for everybody but Lilly. I actually had to look it up to find that Lilly even had a path. The only reasons I got Lilly last was because anytime I started to head down that route, I ended up always detouring down Hanako's path.

Now in order of favorites, I'd have to put Hanako first, then Lilly, Rin, Emi, and finally Shizune.
Not Dead Yet
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

I ended up with Shizune first. Not only she was my type, physically and mentally, but the fact that she was the one along with Misha who helped Hisao during his first times in school increases the possibility of going with her route.
Doraleous

Post by Doraleous »

Got Emi first, 3 others next and played my favourite last (Rin's).

It's really funny that everyone takes "go for it" (including me) and ends up with the naughty, cute midget. I guess it's because everyone wants to look good and daring in front of the girl.

Now, in terms of feeling my soul broken, my tendons tingle and my heart touched it goes like this:

Rin (fucking amazing)

Hanako (touching)

Shizune (no need for drama or weakness to be compelling here)

Emi (okay-ish)

Lilly (boooooooooooooooring)
Episcia

Post by Episcia »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Episcia wrote:I got Lilly's neutral ending first; I accidentally made Hisao drop the subject and pretty much got quite depressed at the neutral ending. Went for her good ending soon enough, though, but I felt that, overall, Lilly's routes were pretty much downers for me. Yep, even her good ending felt painfully bittersweet (read: the airport chase and what came after).

After that, I ended up with Hanako's route and got the good ending.

After Hanako comes Emi. Got to the good ending, although I did reach the bad ending (and loaded it back).
Er... so did you stop playing before the music box appeared? I won't lie and say that I didn't cry at her good ending (which I got first, maybe that's it), but I don't know how you could find it genuinely painful or bittersweet in any sort of way, except in how fucking gorgeous it all was.

If you want bittersweet, try Rin's arc. Christ, now there's a downer of an arc.
Yeah, I played the good ending all the way. For some reason, the bitter part of it stayed with me more than the sweet part. Different folks, I guess.

Haven't tried Rin's route though, gonna do that later. If Shizune's mostly happy sex for what I've heard, I'll need that to offset the downer that is Rin's.
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Emi was my first play through. Got her bad ending initially, then went back and got her good ending.
Second arc was Lilly. Got her good ending, never bothered with the neutral one.

Lillys was my favorite, and second was Hanako.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Danze

Post by Danze »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Danze wrote:I'm honestly hesitant to start another playthrough just because I'm pretty satisfied with how everything ended.
That'd be a mistake. You'll be missing quite a bit.
Yeah, I know. I really want to start another arc, probably go for Shizune's path. But that first run through got me down pretty bad for a few days straight, so I might wait a bit before starting the next play through.
"The last thing you'll never see"
Katantoon

Post by Katantoon »

Lily was my first arc. She's the easiest arc to go to.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Katantoon wrote:Lily was my first arc. She's the easiest arc to go to.
Er, well, judging by the poll, and the fact that one choice can set you on Emi's path permanently (UNLESS you have very special circumstances set up with Shizune and Misha to get the Slow Recovery scene, and even then that gives you another chance to head down the Kenjiville Express), I'd say Emi is the most likely path to go down if you're playing blind.
Danze wrote:Yeah, I know. I really want to start another arc, probably go for Shizune's path. But that first run through got me down pretty bad for a few days straight, so I might wait a bit before starting the next play through.
I know what you mean. I felt the same way after finishing Lilly's arc on my first run.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
basmimarsinan

Post by basmimarsinan »

Danze wrote:Yeah, I know. I really want to start another arc, probably go for Shizune's path. But that first run through got me down pretty bad for a few days straight, so I might wait a bit before starting the next play through.
I know how it feels. I'm trying to take Hanako's route as the second but it feels like my first, Shizune, constantly interferes with it.
GardenoftheDead

Post by GardenoftheDead »

First was Hanako, second was Rin.

That week was a bit... emotional.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

GardenoftheDead wrote:First was Hanako, second was Rin.

That week was a bit... emotional.
I would think so.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Walrusfella

Post by Walrusfella »

I got Emi's first, which seems to be the easiest to trip over. Follow the Nurse's sensible advice, then pound "go for it", because honestly who's not going to do that. She's great though.
Half Marathon with Emi: Complete!
Bridge to 10k with Emi: Complete!
Couch to 5k with Emi: Complete!
Laytnor

Post by Laytnor »

I was interested about Hanako before I started playing, but my first ended up to be Emi. Honestly, it's so easy to start her route. I think people who wouldn't take nurses advice are minority.
My second was Hanako, and she is my favorite.
EyesOfLilly

Post by EyesOfLilly »

My 1st time through Act 1 I just chose the options I would probably choose in Hisao's shoes and I ended up with Emi's path, though I actually don't regret it at all before you never got much of a sense of her character without taking her path unlike most characters, i.e Shizune and Lilly and her story ended up being my 2nd favourite due to her whole backstory and the emotional rollercoaster ride along the way.

And with possibly the 2nd cutest character development (IMO) next to Hanako's I got a feel for her personality type and that even the most outgoing girls have their dark pasts, if i had to compare her to another simelar character i would have to pick Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII just that they are both always so happy-go-lucky to the outside world where as they both have unsettling guilt/ dark secrets they couldn't possibly tell anyone.

And I really enjoyed that experience the only path and story beating Emi being Lilly's path.
Fave Girls: Lilly >Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin
Fave Misc. Characters: Akira>Miki>Yuuko>Misha>Nurse>Kenji>Nomiya>Hideaki>Jigoro
Fave Paths: Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin > Shizune