Rin
8%
Shizune
7%

Total votes: 705

encrypted12345

Re: Who was your first arc?

Post by encrypted12345 »

Paddy wrote:The statistics will tell you Rin's the most likely path (aside from the manly picnic). The statistics lie.

(Scroll down to "8. Routes & Endings" for a detailed breakdown of each route and the chances of getting them.)
Well, that's because her choices are pretty unintuitive for a dating sim. You have to make sure that you don't pursue anyone else until the very end.
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Fluffboll wrote: I didn't "go for" any girl specifically when I played through KS the first time, I just made the choices I would have made in those situations.

When I started playing KS I had no idea about anything since it is my first VN :)

Got Emi's route first btw
This reflects my personal experience perfectly. I decided to let Hisao really push his luck on the track which resulted in him ending up in the nursery. After that, things pretty much just went on their own.
GIRakaCHEEZER

Post by GIRakaCHEEZER »

I accidentally got Shizzy's route because I was going for Misha. Also the fact that they kept badgering me about the stupid student council. "Fine I'll fucking join god damnit!"

Shizune->Rin->Lilly->Emi->Hanako is the order I went through them I think. I don't remember when I got Kenji's route, I just remember that I got it on purpose.
Music for a game that I am sort of working on:
Moustache Riders - Ignition
This seems to be sort of common in sigs here so...
Rin = Kenji > Hanako > Emi > Lilly > Shizune
DrSkulk

Post by DrSkulk »

[deleted]
Last edited by DrSkulk on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wander

Post by Wander »

DrSkulk wrote:
Paddy wrote:The statistics will tell you Rin's the most likely path (aside from the manly picnic). The statistics lie.

(Scroll down to "8. Routes & Endings" for a detailed breakdown of each route and the chances of getting them.)
Pure mathematical chance does not take into account the human emotions.
I think Emi's path is easily the most likely simply, because, most of us here are men, and we are competitive by nature/not willing to give up. Hence, we do the stupid running thing.

When I first played, I was not aware of how the game picks you a route that you cannot change according to some of those choices and that's why my first arc was Emi. I seriously kinda knew what would happen with the "Go for it", but I didn't realize it would lock me on the route. So yeah... On my second try, I again played without looking at charts and tried for Lilly and got there too.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Wander wrote:I think Emi's path is easily the most likely simply, because, most of us here are men, and we are competitive by nature/not willing to give up. Hence, we do the stupid running thing.

When I first played, I was not aware of how the game picks you a route that you cannot change according to some of those choices and that's why my first arc was Emi. I seriously kinda knew what would happen with the "Go for it", but I didn't realize it would lock me on the route. So yeah... On my second try, I again played without looking at charts and tried for Lilly and got there too.
That's probably a good reason for Emi being so popular on this particular poll. Though I confess that on my first run I chose to "Take it easy."

Technically speaking, however, choosing to "Go for it" doesn't lock you onto Emi's path if you have enough points with Shizune/Misha (in which case you'll get the Slow Recovery scene, and then two choices, one of which will allow you to choose between Emi's and Shicchan's routes).

Yeah, I pretty much have all the flowcharts memorized save for Rin's.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

I gots Emi's arc ... was going for Shizune's arc so the way Shizune is i thought if i didn't " go for it " that i wouldn't get Shizune .... turns out i was wrong ( used a walk through the second time playing to make sure i got Shizune )
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Wander wrote:I think Emi's path is easily the most likely simply, because, most of us here are men, and we are competitive by nature/not willing to give up. Hence, we do the stupid running thing.

That's probably a good reason for Emi being so popular on this particular poll. Though I confess that on my first run I chose to "Take it easy."

Technically speaking, however, choosing to "Go for it" doesn't lock you onto Emi's path if you have enough points with Shizune/Misha (in which case you'll get the Slow Recovery scene, and then two choices, one of which will allow you to choose between Emi's and Shicchan's routes).

Sorry for the double post .... i must have messed up some where else on the way to get shizune arc ... i got emi
Wander

Post by Wander »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:

That's interesting.I was not at all a fan of Shizune's attitude tho. She reminded me of the annoying girls at my high school who would be doing all the voluntary class work and be disappointed when they didn't quite get full points in a test etc. Hence I effectively made all I could to avoid Shizune route, hahah.
Brodoin

Post by Brodoin »

I admit that I cheated a little to ensure I got Hanako's first. Just 'cause.

I went for Emi's second and finished her's last night. Less of an emotional roller coaster, for sure, but I needed something lighthearted and sweet.
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

I wasn't going for any girl in my first playthrough, so I made the choices I thought I would make and wound up with Emi. Then I made all of the opposite choices and wound up with Rin.
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
Breaker deGodot

Post by Breaker deGodot »

The thing is I originally ended up with Emi first, but during that entire time I had wanted to do Lilly instead. So I reloaded a save and played through Lilly's route. It turned out to be a mistake, since it seriously spoiled me in terms of quality. It's now my favorite route.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Shizune was my first, and favourite. The good ending left me a little disheartened, but hopeful. The bad ending hurt. A LOT. Seeing a broken Shizune on the steps as Hisao walks away just killed me. Not sure what order I went for the other endings, but I know Rin was the last, and most frustrating path. Girls like that exist, and they are so hard to comprehend at times...
[10:59:46 PM] GIR: so who's the soapdropper?
[11:00:00 PM] T. C. Paladin: BWAHAHAHA!!!!! ROFL!
[11:00:14 PM] GIR: no i mean i figured one of you is using that as your IRC nickname
[11:00:19 PM] T. C. Paladin: i have no clue, but that is hilarious
[11:02:25 PM]T. C. Paladin: lol wow. i'm going to have to use that one someday
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

I'm curious as to how most people got Emi first...
Maybe because we think Hisao would die if he didn't go running?
:3
"Don't die!"
~Anonymous
Wander

Post by Wander »

Eclipse wrote:I'm curious as to how most people got Emi first...
Maybe because we think Hisao would die if he didn't go running?
:3
Nah. My theory I shared earlier was competitiveness of the community. Quite possibly also the fact that it's simply the more exciting choice.