Why is Hisao so disliked?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NoOne3

Re: Why is Hisao so disliked?

Post by NoOne3 »

Mahorfeus wrote:Hisao is... dense. His nature is good, but he has the habit of being subconsciously selfish, something that tends to screw him over more often than not. I wouldn't say he's unlikable though.
Pretty much that. He's a duche, but it's his defining feature. Can't hate him because of that.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Because he fucked Lil B's bitch, that's why.

Also, let's be honest here: Half to nearly 3/4 of you guys here would act like Hisao with girls at age 17 or 18, don't lie.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

I'd like to at least hope, I wouldn't have made many of his much too obvious mistakes.
Still I would have made my own, so it would pretty much even up.

And for the Hisao-Haters, let's face it. He's not the worst thing that might've happened to the girls. When compared to, let's say, the guy from Yume Miru Kusuri, Hisao is an adorable, well behaved, considerate person. Really.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

NoOne3 wrote:And for the Hisao-Haters, let's face it. He's not the worst thing that might've happened to the girls. When compared to, let's say, the guy from Yume Miru Kusuri, Hisao is an adorable, well behaved, considerate person. Really.
Yeah, his white-knighting antics probably would have been way worse for the girls than Hisao's denseness. I don't remember him being particularly bad, but then again, it's been a while.

Now I'm imagining Cross Channel's protagonist in Katawa Shoujo. I hate my imagination at times like this. Brr...
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Snow_Storm wrote:Also, let's be honest here: Half to nearly 3/4 of you guys here would act like Hisao with girls at age 17 or 18, don't lie.
Only 50-75? Try nearly 100%. Under-18s hate Hisao because they think they could have done so much better, while over-18s hate Hisao because he reminds us that no, actually, we couldn't have.
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Nekken wrote:
Snow_Storm wrote:Also, let's be honest here: Half to nearly 3/4 of you guys here would act like Hisao with girls at age 17 or 18, don't lie.
Only 50-75? Try nearly 100%. Under-18s hate Hisao because they think they could have done so much better, while over-18s hate Hisao because he reminds us that no, actually, we couldn't have.
I take comfort in the fact that the game gave us a romantic lead that's almost as bad at relationships as I am.

And the only reason he ranks an "almost" there is because he can use a walkthrough. :lol:
Not Dead Yet
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Nekken wrote:
I would have done so much worse than Hisao, at age 18 :(
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Nekken wrote:
For the over 18s - He remind you of what you couldn't have? He remind you of unrealstic goals and ideas you had, in the past? So what? Live for the future, the past is gone. Unless you're a creeper, extreme socially awkward, or forever alone and have no social skills, you can get a girl regardless.

For the udner 18s - Of course you guys can do so much better than a fictional character. I ain't gonna pick on you because it would be like kicking a dying puppy; too easy.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Snow_Storm wrote:For the over 18s - He remind you of what you couldn't have? He remind you of unrealstic goals and ideas you had, in the past? So what? Live for the future, the past is gone. Unless you're a creeper,
extreme socially awkward, or forever alone

and have no social skills, you can get a girl regardless.
Is wanting someone who share your faith and perceptions on moral values and theology such a hard goal to attain to?
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
guest9999999

Post by guest9999999 »

I hate Hisao

I spent the whole time romancing the crippled babe of my dreams but then in the H-scenes he bones them

EFF that guy
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I'm gonna save myself the pain of reading your post and tell you that nobody likes him because he's so retarded, that it's been theorized that he had a stroke that coincided with his heart attack, leaving him with brain damage.
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

I feel like this thread was created in response to what I said in another one.
I don't hate him, I just feel like he is a little slow, and has trouble controlling his emotions in some places or controls them to the point where he bursts.

Also I despise his to have sex with Hanako, even though it was consensual it just didn't feel right (I get that that is the point), and I wouldn't have done that to her when she was clearly not ready, and this is coming from a horny 15 year old.

He just seems like someone that I couldn't ever become friends with, not someone that I would hate considering he is extremely tolerant of Kenji.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

The O.H.L. wrote:I feel like this thread was created in response to what I said in another one.
I don't hate him, I just feel like he is a little slow, and has trouble controlling his emotions in some places or controls them to the point where he bursts.

Also I despise his to have sex with Hanako, even though it was consensual it just didn't feel right (I get that that is the point), and I wouldn't have done that to her when she was clearly not ready, and this is coming from a horny 15 year old.

He just seems like someone that I couldn't ever become friends with, not someone that I would hate considering he is extremely tolerant of Kenji.
Hang on, you hate a fictional character for banging another fictional character (who actually did wanted to have sex with Hisao because she didn't want him to treat her like a broken woman but that's another story)? Also implying if she was real, she would have sex with you.
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Hisao is an ass with no crowning moments; that's about it.
Things like selfishness and irrationally taking your anger out on others, etc. are all fine, but they need something GOOD to balance it, and Hisao lacks this.
Last edited by Roy-Kr on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Roy-Kr wrote:Hisao is an ass with no crowning moments; that's about it.
Things like selfishness and Irrationally taking your anger out on others, etc. are all fine, but they need something GOOD to balance it, and Hisao lacks this.
At least he is not a Wesley Crusher (IE: Perfect with no flaws except 1-He is perfect)
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.