Pre-Shizune Misha?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Paddy

Pre-Shizune Misha?

Post by Paddy »

If I understand correctly, Misha was once "very different" from the way she was now. I get the idea that she had straight, brown hair. Do we know anything else about Misha's past?

I ask because her bubbly, loud personality annoys me slightly, and I wonder if I (or she) would like to see her as her old self again.

What was her personality like before she changed? And what led her to change? It wasn't just the whole perverse sexual lust (yes, I realize there's more to it than that, but as yet there's no such thing as "perverse emotional lust", at least not on TV Tropes) for Shizune, was it?
Oddball

Re: Pre-Shizune Misha?

Post by Oddball »

Paddy wrote: What was her personality like before she changed? And what led her to change? It wasn't just the whole perverse sexual lust (yes, I realize there's more to it than that, but as yet there's no such thing as "perverse emotional lust", at least not on TV Tropes) for Shizune, was it?
Changing the way you act so that the person you like might like you more is very common, especially with people in highschool that don't quite know how to handle relationships.

Personally, from what I've seen and a bit of my own conjecture, the "old" Misha was still pretty airheaded and happy go lucky, but was far more subdued about it. I would imagine that the change in her had something to do with her trying to copy some of the traits she saw in Shizune (and not quite fully understanding them.) Shizune had a very stand out presence and forceful personality. Misha tried to copy that somewhat but didn't really understand why Shizune was the way she was. Misha isn't a serious thinker and can't make herself act that way, so we just get a person that's trying to get everyone to notice her. Even her hairstyle may have been an attempt to get people to stand out more.

I think the way she was acting towards the end of Shizune's route shows a bit more of her older self, quieter, more serious, and a bit more subdued.

Also, not everything can fit into a neat little category on TVTropes.
Not Dead Yet
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

I believe in act 1 Hisao theorizes that she acts so loud, bubbly and obnoxious in an attempt to somehow make up for the fact that Shizune can't speak. In other words, since she's talking for two, she says things with twice the energy. Hisao is kind of a ditz though; I'm doubting that his theory holds much weight.

I'd guess that she was more or less the same before Yamuka; Shizune's her best friend because she's the only person who wouldn't get annoyed by Misha's loud voice.

Overall though, we really don't have enough information to make an educated guess. It's all speculation.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

If you play through the Lilly storyline (either ending) you will get a photo that has Shizune, Lilly, and Misha in it that was taken before Shizune and Lilly started feuding. Misha is her original hair color in that photo. She's actually quite pretty. Very long flowing brown hair and a slightly uncertain smile.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.