Blindness (Lilly)
19%
Deaf (Shizune)
8%
Loss of Legs (Emi)
40%
No Hands (Rin)
4%
Hanako's (not sure what it is yet, havent gotten to the story yet)
29%

Total votes: 142

Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Re: Which disability would you want?

Post by Paddy »

zanger wrote:
Paddy wrote: I feel like a hypocrite for saying this, but isn't it kinda obvious neither man's brain nor body were made to be idle?
What does that have to do with attention disorders? It's theorized by some that many of mankind's earlier scientists and inventors had ADD, because they could never just sit down and focus on one singular thing but were constantly looking at different objects and getting distracted by side projects. For example, Albert Einstein, while he was working at the Swiss Patent Office, would daydream during work (resulting in the theory of relativity). Some people think he had ADD. Look at Isaac Newton, the guy invented Calculus, discovered gravity, came up with simple mechanics, attempted to divine alchemy, discovered various properties of light, discovered how temperature transfer works. And that wasn't even his day job. There's no way a normal person could ever have done those things. Leonardo da Vinci is another prime example. An artist who never finished his paintings because he would get preoccupied with inventing random things in his mind like tanks and parachutes.
Don't you see, though. That's not a disorder. That's what we're SUPPOSED to be doing!! All the more reason for me to think 1) ADD is actually a good and beneficial thing when properly utilised and NOT a disorder, 2) I'm really wasting my life here.

It just seems like we've forgotten how to make use of such a "disorder".
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

I have ADD. Not sure how it's good.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Alexbond45 wrote:I have ADD. Not sure how it's good.
As the post I quoted suggested, it may be quite possible to make use of it. If you channel that energy in the right direction, you could be a prodigy.

Ah. That's the thing. Direction.

Well... at very least, undirected ADD can be amusing to onlookers.

ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Paddy wrote:
As the post I quoted suggested, it may be quite possible to make use of it. If you channel that energy in the right direction, you could be a prodigy.

But at what point is it determined that one has ADD? How is that measured considering there is no such thing as normal?
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

ShadeHaven wrote:
Paddy wrote:

But at what point is it determined that one has ADD? How is that measured considering there is no such thing as normal?
... Hm.

I'm not sure it's something you can measure. It's more a quality than a quantity.

Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

It really depends on how bad of a case it is, I have a pretty bad case, If it's interesting, I'll easily blow the top off, but something boring (IE: Poetry) I'll fall asleep in seconds.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
zanger

Post by zanger »

Paddy wrote:Don't you see, though. That's not a disorder. That's what we're SUPPOSED to be doing!! All the more reason for me to think 1) ADD is actually a good and beneficial thing when properly utilised and NOT a disorder, 2) I'm really wasting my life here.

It just seems like we've forgotten how to make use of such a "disorder".
Unless you personally deal with an attention disorder or know someone who does, don't call it "beneficial"
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Genesis

Post by Genesis »

To me, it'd be deafness or the burn scars.

I like to read and explore too much, so blindness and missing limbs would be too harsh for me. I don't need to hear anything, and (going by how bad Hanako's scars seem to be) they would be the lesser ones to me.
2 mile+ walk each day.
Days: 30
Days Missed: 1 (due to rain)
Warmie

Post by Warmie »

This. It's really frustrating, especially before you even know you have it.

I'm already nearly half deaf, but I don't think I'd care about losing it completely, if I had to. Though that might also be influenced by my speech problem, making me kind of unwilling to talk. I'd much rather use sign language and plan on learning it anyway next year.
I wouldn't bother about legs either =_=;
Sin of my sins

Post by Sin of my sins »

Huh? I can't possibly think of a reason why would anyone want a disability, makes no sense to me whatsoever? Unless one truly wants to empathize with someone with a certain disability that is. Or reap off the benefits..
Wander

Post by Wander »

Sin of my sins wrote:Huh? I can't possibly think of a reason why would anyone want a disability, makes no sense to me whatsoever? Unless one truly wants to empathize with someone with a certain disability that is. Or reap off the benefits..
The topic name is dumb. I think he meant what you would take if you had to.
Tim_Servi

Post by Tim_Servi »

If I had to choose, Emi's.

Always wanted sweet robot legs.
Hadokant

Post by Hadokant »

Actually to tell you the truth
I had hanako's disability when i was younger. If you count it as one =.=
"Being Human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless, and finding happiness in a world that hates it"
-Tenmyouji
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

A question for the original poster: if you had finished Hanako's path before starting this thread, would you still have started it?
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I'm surprised at how many people would choose to lose their legs. True, their function could be replaced but, It's still a part of me that I wouldn't willingly give up.