Blindness (Lilly)
19%
Deaf (Shizune)
8%
Loss of Legs (Emi)
40%
No Hands (Rin)
4%
Hanako's (not sure what it is yet, havent gotten to the story yet)
29%

Total votes: 142

Paddy

Re: Which disability would you want?

Post by Paddy »

newnar wrote: Who's God? I'm just saying that Paddy's reply makes no sense since the "rather...or..." essentially has identical ideas on both sides. I just think that losing certain things in life and continue living can be worse than simply not living altogether. And Yes, I am a coward. A bloody coward. I run away from things. I cannot find enough incentive to not take such evasive action.

Please. Don't get me started on this.
*hugs* Friend, you'd be surprised to know that I'm pretty sure everyone would be on the same boat as you.

No one wants to lose a limb. Or go blind. Or deaf. Etc. But, y' see, you're not alone. Even if y'lose a limb, or an eye, your family and friends will still be around for you. At least we'll be. Time would pass. You'd forget completely that you had anything missing at all. Didn't you learn anything from this game?

You're not expected to be brave enough or strong enough to cope with a disability alone. That's why we have each other. We're supposed to depend upon each other when we face difficulties of any kind.

As for God... well, I'll quote Thomas Aquinas: “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” If you want to find God, you'll find Him. If you don't want to find Him, you're never going to.

If you want to see the sky, you'll find it in abundance. If you don't want to find the sky, the grass, dirt, and pavement will keep you so busy that you never will.

I'd be glad to have a private discussion elsewhere, but this is probably not the thread nor indeed the forum for a theological discussion.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

I suppose in all seriously I would choose Hanako's one, if I HAD to choose one that is not because I wanted to. Hanako's disability is the scars, although it's her mentality that sets her back and so as long as you find a way to get around the scars you should be fine. Also she is in school so it would be harder for her.
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

I'm lazy as all hell so I would go with the loss of my legs. Plus, I love music and games and I am not about to give up either. And about the scarring, I know this is no comparison but I have pretty bad acne scars as it is so I don't really want to add to it.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
newnar

Post by newnar »

Paddy wrote:
newnar wrote: Who's God? I'm just saying that Paddy's reply makes no sense since the "rather...or..." essentially has identical ideas on both sides. I just think that losing certain things in life and continue living can be worse than simply not living altogether. And Yes, I am a coward. A bloody coward. I run away from things. I cannot find enough incentive to not take such evasive action.

Please. Don't get me started on this.
*hugs* Friend, you'd be surprised to know that I'm pretty sure everyone would be on the same boat as you.

No one wants to lose a limb. Or go blind. Or deaf. Etc. But, y' see, you're not alone. Even if y'lose a limb, or an eye, your family and friends will still be around for you. At least we'll be. Time would pass. You'd forget completely that you had anything missing at all. Didn't you learn anything from this game?

You're not expected to be brave enough or strong enough to cope with a disability alone. That's why we have each other. We're supposed to depend upon each other when we face difficulties of any kind.

As for God... well, I'll quote Thomas Aquinas: “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” If you want to find God, you'll find Him. If you don't want to find Him, you're never going to.

If you want to see the sky, you'll find it in abundance. If you don't want to find the sky, the grass, dirt, and pavement will keep you so busy that you never will.

I'd be glad to have a private discussion elsewhere, but this is probably not the thread nor indeed the forum for a theological discussion.
Why are yo-

Don't talk to me about depending on other people. The world is a disgusting place and I have experienced it first-hand. I resonate with KS because I know that the entire game is a beautiful lie. It's something I want with all my heart but also something that I know will no doubt remain as nothing but a fantastical story. And you sound like one of those Pastors in my mom's church. The same church I have been forced to go to (thank god I didn't convert) for almost 5 years against my will. God doesn't matter to me. If there is one there is one, if there isn't one then there isn't one.

Your faith theory only proves one thing. People will believe whatever they want to believe despite reality. It's the same as saying if you believe in the boogeyman, the boogeyman exists. Or in the case of a complete madman thinking that concrete is actually made of jelly and humans are meant to eat grass. If you really believe in the anything in the world, anything at all, it becomes real. To you. Trust me, I'm there right now. At least part of me is. The other parts are like the Atheists, constantly telling some mes to stop living in certain fantasies, but like you said, it's useless to disprove something to a me who really and truly believes in it.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

newnar wrote: Why are yo-

Don't talk to me about depending on other people. The world is a disgusting place and I have experienced it first-hand. I resonate with KS because I know that the entire game is a beautiful lie. It's something I want with all my heart but also something that I know will no doubt remain as nothing but a fantastical story. And you sound like one of those Pastors in my mom's church. The same church I have been forced to go to (thank god I didn't convert) for almost 5 years against my will. God doesn't matter to me. If there is one there is one, if there isn't one then there isn't one.

Your faith theory only proves one thing. People will believe whatever they want to believe despite reality. It's the same as saying if you believe in the boogeyman, the boogeyman exists. Or in the case of a complete madman thinking that concrete is actually made of jelly and humans are meant to eat grass. If you really believe in the anything in the world, anything at all, it becomes real. To you. Trust me, I'm there right now. At least part of me is. The other parts are like the Atheists, constantly telling some mes to stop living in certain fantasies, but like you said, it's useless to disprove something to a me who really and truly believes in it.
Don t be so Angsty dude,

The world is a pretty nice place, aye there can be misery and sadness, but there is much more, just the fact that we are alive is amazing, i can go all Carl Seagan on your ass and talk on and on about the universe, but I'll save my time and yours and post two links about how life is awesome.
And old Discovery Chanel Ad and Galaxy Song by Monty Python

Cheers.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
newnar

Post by newnar »

Tomate wrote:

Don t be so Angsty dude,

The world is a pretty nice place, aye there can be misery and sadness, but there is much more, just the fact that we are alive is amazing, i can go all Carl Seagan on your ass and talk on and on about the universe, but I'll save my time and yours and post two links about how life is awesome.

Cheers.
You know what's amazing? The fact that I'm alive but wished I was dead. That's amazing.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

newnar wrote:
Tomate wrote:

Don t be so Angsty dude,

Cheers.
You know what's amazing? The fact that I'm alive but wished I was dead. That's amazing.
Man, now you are sounding like Marvin the Paranoid Android .
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

Never mind. For those of you who believe in the power of prayer, say a prayer to the Good Lord for him.
For those who don't... well, do what is right.

Apologies for derailing the thread.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Amazing? Well, you're still here. Meaning you haven't taken the Easy Way Out. There has to be some kind of merit in that. It could be that "something" in this world is worthwhile to you. That's enough for most.

More on topic, asides from the obvious answer being "none of them," I might have to go along with Hanako's disability, assuming the mental baggage isn't included in the package, so to speak. Her burns aren't physically debilitating, which is really all that matters to me. I already tend to be shy, introverted, and concerned for the way I look. One more thing on the list wouldn't make much of a difference.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
maggo

Post by maggo »

Burn scars please.

Can't be much worse than my acne.
tairabiteru

Post by tairabiteru »

Whatever the hell Misha has. (ADHD or something. Although, I think I already have that.)
zanger

Post by zanger »

I have a pretty large scar on my abdomen and I have issues being in public without a shirt (like at a beach or on at a pool or whatever) does that qualify?
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

tairabiteru wrote:Whatever the hell Misha has. (ADHD or something. Although, I think I already have that.)
Bah, that can't be it. Half of America has this "disease". ADD and ADHD's just a ploy on the part of pharmaceutical companies to get you to buy drugs you don't need - like Ritalin.

Or perhaps it is a symptom not of a real disease, but a societal disease - like a sedentary lifestyle.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Wander

Post by Wander »

In order of preference:

1. Burn scars (never gave a shit about how I look to begin with)
2. Loss of legs (Not particularly crippling, tbh. if you are able to use prosthetic legs. Even if not, wheelchair is preferable to, say, blindness or having no hands)
3.Deafness (as much as I love music, I guess that practically speaking it would be just easier to live with deafness. Learning to live "normally" when blind, would take ages to learn, I imagine)
4. Blindness
4. Hands (missing both would be such a bitch to live with, I'd rather be blind)
zanger

Post by zanger »

Paddy wrote:Bah, that can't be it. Half of America has this "disease". ADD and ADHD's just a ploy on the part of pharmaceutical companies to get you to buy drugs you don't need - like Ritalin.

Or perhaps it is a symptom not of a real disease, but a societal disease - like a sedentary lifestyle.
ADD was a beneficial mutation to nomadic people, as it assisted in hunter/gatherer activities by improving the brain's ability to handle numerous streams of information. (people with ADD are more likely to use hallucinogenic drugs for this particular reason because they desire sensory overload). The thing is, today, symptoms formerly recognized as ADD are becoming more prevalent because people are obsessedly checking things like e-mail, their phone, watching TV, listening to music while doing other activities, etc. ADD has been linked to genetic traits responsible for various brain chemistries (some of which have been identified); it is not a made up condition.
the world would be a different place without you or me but who else would realize it?