Blindness (Lilly)
19%
Deaf (Shizune)
8%
Loss of Legs (Emi)
40%
No Hands (Rin)
4%
Hanako's (not sure what it is yet, havent gotten to the story yet)
29%

Total votes: 142

Alexbond45

Which disability would you want?

Post by Alexbond45 »

Tell me what and why

Personally, i would prefer Blindness, because, as a musician, it would improve hearing, though it would be a serious blow to my Tech life, but I..I just cant live without Music, it is my life, I have seriously dedicated my life to music. MUSIC. I will teach it to other people as a Director, that is my career choice.
Sorry for going off topic
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
SephkaBlight

Re: Which disability would you want?

Post by SephkaBlight »

None of them? <_<
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Hanako is badly scarred along about a third or half of her body. That is her disability.

I think I'd probably go with the scarring. I could say I rescued my elderly grandmother from a house fire, and the burn was a result of that.
newnar

Post by newnar »

What kind of question is this? Why would any sane person consciously wish for a disability???
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

newnar wrote:What kind of question is this? Why would any sane person consciously wish for a disability???
I imagine the author of the question, being of sound mind, probably meant if you HAD to have one of these disabilities, which one would you take?
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

SephkaBlight wrote:None of them? <_<
This.

/topic
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Alexbond45 wrote:Tell me what and why

Personally, i would prefer Blindness, because, as a musician, it would improve hearing, though it would be a serious blow to my Tech life, but I..I just cant live without Music, it is my life, I have seriously dedicated my life to music. MUSIC. I will teach it to other people as a Director, that is my career choice.
Sorry for going off topic
If you had no legs, though, you could still read sheet music without having to learn Braille and memorise each piece first.
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

I think no legs is the obvious choice. Emi is hardly even held back by her disability, thanks to her prothetic legs. Most of my hobbies are done sitting down, anyway.
Tachikoma

Post by Tachikoma »

All of them!
Fluffboll

Post by Fluffboll »

without a doubt loss of legs.

Most of my hobbies and interest have no need of legs and with the advanced aids available for leg amputees today it's the one that would hinder me the least
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Since i am a graphic designer and my main hobby is gaming i cant live without sight, sound and arms.

Scarring would be too troublesome, people will stare all the time and ask questions about it, you wont look that good in summer clothes, but you can always tell a great tale about your scars. Loss of Legs is the way to go, and without legs you can buy a pair of Ossur's Vari-flex and walk around without serious problems, the constant Physical therapy can be annoying though.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
crystal

Post by crystal »

The loss of legs seems by far the most manageable, especially with the good prosthetics Emi has.
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

It is not implied you will receive prosthetic limbs upon losing your legs, you would have to spend your own money to get them, this is why i chose blindness, I really dont want to not have any parts missing anyway.

Anyway, internet says it costs several thousand US Dollars for the limbs, and you have to replace them every few years, thats a lot of money to burn hmm?
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Alexbond45 wrote:It is not implied you will receive prosthetic limbs upon losing your legs, you would have to spend your own money to get them, this is why i chose blindness, I really dont want to not have any parts missing anyway.

Anyway, internet says it costs several thousand US Dollars for the limbs, and you have to replace them every few years, thats a lot of money to burn hmm?
No one says it can be easy or cheap, but for me it beats the other options like being blind or deaf.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
newnar

Post by newnar »

Somebody just kill me. I'd rather be dead. Does being dead count as a disability? Well I'm denied the ability to live.