Blindness (Lilly)
19%
Deaf (Shizune)
8%
Loss of Legs (Emi)
40%
No Hands (Rin)
4%
Hanako's (not sure what it is yet, havent gotten to the story yet)
29%

Total votes: 142

OtakuNinja

Re: Which disability would you want?

Post by OtakuNinja »

yummines wrote:thread is probably going to get locked like the last one did...

anyhow why would you want a disability? it doesn't give you special powers like Daredevil or something. i would prefer going to Yamaku while perfectly normal thank you (it's discussed in the game that those without issues can go to Yamaku).
Of course I'd prefer not to have a disability, but if I had to chose it would be no legs. ^^
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Zezin

Post by Zezin »

Alexbond. I want to kill you right now. I want to gut you alive so before you die you might slightly understand what a disability is.
I have been stuck with Autism my entire life, I had to spend three years at a school for the mentally disabled. Which may I add is MUCH wose than Yamaku. At least students at that school knew the meaning of the word "freedom". At Hawthorne (my special school) there is a camera in every room except the bathroom. One in five peers you couldn't even talk to because they didn't even have the brain function beyond a 2 year old.

I'm lucky enough that I was allowed to go home at the end of the damn day. Kids that had to live in the dorms (that looked more like jail cells) had an 8:00 curfew. Three years of being treated like someone who couldn't function, a broken fragment of what was supposed to be a human being. Does anyone know what that's like? Does anyone share the same scars me and my friends from Hawthorne do? People like you make me sick.
yummines

Post by yummines »

Zezin wrote:Alexbond. I want to kill you right now. I want to gut you alive so before you die you might slightly understand what a disability is.
I have been stuck with Autism my entire life, I had to spend three years at a school for the mentally disabled. Which may I add is MUCH wose than Yamaku. At least students at that school knew the meaning of the word "freedom". At Hawthorne (my special school) there is a camera in every room except the bathroom. One in five peers you couldn't even talk to because they didn't even have the brain function beyond a 2 year old.

I'm lucky enough that I was allowed to go home at the end of the damn day. Kids that had to live in the dorms (that looked more like jail cells) had an 8:00 curfew. Three years of being treated like someone who couldn't function, a broken fragment of what was supposed to be a human being. Does anyone know what that's like? Does anyone share the same scars me and my friends from Hawthorne do? People like you make me sick.
exactly why a thread like this was locked a while back...

threads like these don't do anything but trivialize how devastating it really is to have a disability
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Which disability would I want...

Hm...

How about the one that doesn't lead to years of isolation, crippling trauma, and various forms of deep-rooted damage?

I'm guessing Alex's disability is stupidity...
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Zezin

Post by Zezin »

Xanatos wrote:Which disability would I want...

Hm...

How about the one that doesn't lead to years of isolation, crippling trauma, and various forms of deep-rooted damage?

I'm guessing Alex's disability is stupidity...
*highfive*
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

I like how this thread is from March and was bumped for no reason.
On-topic: none.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

yummines wrote:
Zezin wrote:Alexbond. I want to kill you right now. I want to gut you alive so before you die you might slightly understand what a disability is.

exactly why a thread like this was locked a while back...

threads like these don't do anything but trivialize how devastating it really is to have a disability
Makes you wonder why it wasn't locked back then.

In hindsight, I feel bad for commenting on this thread so much...
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Enemy | wrote:I like how this thread is from March and was bumped for no reason.
You already have a disability: Being Emi with a mustache.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Enemy | wrote:I like how this thread is from March and was bumped for no reason.
Many interesting threads can be found if you choose to look beyond the first page. :) (I was bored seeing the same threads every day)
Xanatos wrote:You already have a disability: Being Emi with a mustache.
OMFG YES! :mrgreen:
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Xanatos wrote:
That's not a disability that's a gift
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Enemy | wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
And that was my second thought. :lol:
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Enemy | wrote:
Xanatos wrote:
Is it lemon-scented?

:twisted:
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Xanatos wrote:
Enemy | wrote:
Xanatos wrote:You already have a disability: Being Emi with a mustache.
Is it lemon-scented?

:twisted:
Probably. With a touch of sweat. :wink:
Nyzer

Post by Nyzer »

Whoa, Zezin. I realize it's a stupid topic, but that response escalated things pretty quickly.

I'm not that surprised that Emi's is so high, but I would have figured Hanako's to beat it (concealable scarring or psychological damage? not sure which, but either looks to be less of an impediment than the others), and Lilly's to be right at the bottom with zero.

That said, my answer? Uh, none. It was said back on the first page, but I don't know why anyone would want a disability. It's right there in the name - the loss of an ability.
All you really need to know is that there's a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning. I wish I could make something like that up; it shoots shurikens and lightning.
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

Nyzer wrote:That said, my answer? Uh, none. It was said back on the first page, but I don't know why anyone would want a disability. It's right there in the name - the loss of an ability.
Pretty sure that'd be the typical response. Unfortunately, the original question was worded completely wrong and definitely comes off as insensitive.