Blindness (Lilly)
19%
Deaf (Shizune)
8%
Loss of Legs (Emi)
40%
No Hands (Rin)
4%
Hanako's (not sure what it is yet, havent gotten to the story yet)
29%

Total votes: 142

Zezin

Re: Which disability would you want?

Post by Zezin »

Xanatos wrote:
Zezin wrote:This is for all those people who would want to be Hanako.
Hanako's scars aren't like that. People who say they'd take Hanako's only want her scars, not those scars.
Well I'm giving an idea of what burn scars look like in general.
Mint

Post by Mint »

To answer the topic.

I assume it's one of those "if you had to have the disability or die" I'd choose...

... to die. Because no one would consciously pick a disability.
Dream

Post by Dream »

Mint wrote:I assume it's one of those "if you had to have the disability or die" I'd choose...

... to die. Because no one would consciously pick a disability.
If the other option was death, i'm pretty sure many people would prefer the disability, just ask Hisao or Yamaku.

As for me, i would pick having burn scars (and possibly the subsequent trauma) The other ones are too limiting and i couldn't bear to live with them (I'm an illustrator and a lover of music, so being deaf or blind would be hell for me, and being handless would be hell too for similar reasons, lack of legs isn't too bad, but still more limiting than burn scars)
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Remember, it's only a disability if you are held back by it. :)
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

This thread as a whole is pretty goddamn gross, guys. It's pretty trivializing of actual people with disabilities to ask this kind of question.
Dream

Post by Dream »

sporkaganza wrote:This thread as a whole is pretty goddamn gross, guys. It's pretty trivializing of actual people with disabilities to ask this kind of question.
Well, paying attention to the thread title now, i admit it's more than a bit cringe-inducing. But while the title or premise could have been phrased better, i don't see it as much worse than a trivial question. I don't think it would necessarily reflect on how someone would treat a person with disabilities. And about it "trivializing" people with disabilities, i think that depends strongly on how you interpret the intentions and attitudes of the threads and posters.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Dream wrote:
sporkaganza wrote:This thread as a whole is pretty goddamn gross, guys. It's pretty trivializing of actual people with disabilities to ask this kind of question.
Well, paying attention to the thread title now, i admit it's more than a bit cringe-inducing. But while the title or premise could have been phrased better, i don't see it as much worse than a trivial question. I don't think it would necessarily reflect on how someone would treat a person with disabilities. And about it "trivializing" people with disabilities, i think that depends strongly on how you interpret the intentions and attitudes of the threads and posters.
Fair enough. I'm still not really comfortable with it though.
Snippy

Post by Snippy »

Personally Hanako's scars don't seem to be her disability, but a causeway to them. If we consider the scars then sure, I'de take the scars, most of my life is spent indoors, being outside with me is already a pain, so there is my loss. If its her life story then no, no, no. In that case Emi, yet again being indoors it shouldn't be too harsh for me.