My opinions on Lilly Ending *SPOILERS*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Alexbond45

My opinions on Lilly Ending *SPOILERS*

Post by Alexbond45 »

I think the Lilly ending hit me harder than other ones, I was really attached to Lilly, she was Intelligent, which i really like in another person, she was pretty humble, always caring for others. Her downfalls are...interesting.

However, i really want to see how They end up, i got the good ending, Where they end together, so what happens next?
Who knows, though i was confused, Akira (Reminds me of star trek :P) said they were taking another year...but they took exams, i dont think there is a 4th year in Japan

But i feel pretty empty now, i dont know a Woman like Lilly, i know a couple a guy, but, being a guy, he fills the role of Best Friend instead, which is very good to have.
Also, i was reluctant about the Lilly path, Blind people are odd to me, but this changed my views on them.

Hopefully, this means something to someone.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Mirrormn

Re: My opinions on Lilly Ending *SPOILERS*

Post by Mirrormn »

They both plan to go to university, and it is implied that they will at least attempt to pick the same one.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

If you read closely during the epilogue, Akira asks Lilly if she is going to apply to the same Uni as Hisao and she says she is.
Assuming they are successful, likely they will move into an apartment together, go to school together, and then if everything goes well, get married and settle down as teachers together, hopefully at the same school. And then after a little while... http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2629

:)
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

Bigbishounen wrote:If you read closely during the epilogue, Akira asks Lilly if she is going to apply to the same Uni as Hisao and she says she is.
Assuming they are successful, likely they will move into an apartment together, go to school together, and then if everything goes well, get married and settle down as teachers together, hopefully at the same school. And then after a little while... http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2629

:)
Saccharine levels reached the safe limit. Sweetness overwhelming....

Since they are high-school sweethearts theres a great chance that they will break up in the next 2 or 3 years.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Tomate wrote:Since they are high-school sweethearts theres a great chance that they will break up in the next 2 or 3 years.
True. Anything is possible. But since they already had a good relationship and then went though a very traumatic time together, it's likely they end up together. Those kinds of experiences tend to weld people together.

Keep in mind too that Lilly had to go directly against her own family to be with Hisao. That's a big bridge burnt right there. Lilly has alot of impetus to make the relationship last. Hisao does as well. He didn't nearly kill himself running after Lilly just to walk away from her later. He's got alot invested in her. Personally, I see their relationship lasting. I've seen real people with FAR less in common than Lilly and Hisao have great marriages that last a lifetime. It's all about what you put into it. I think they would end up just fine.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Khey

Post by Khey »

Alexbond45 wrote: Who knows, though i was confused, Akira (Reminds me of star trek :P) said they were taking another year...but they took exams, i dont think there is a 4th year in Japan
I was confused about it too, but then I found that Japanese school year doesn't end in summer, but in winter instead. They have summer vacations just after first third of school year (with exams after every 1/3): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_ ... ool_grades
Last edited by Khey on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sane is boring!
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Bigbishounen wrote: True. Anything is possible. But since they already had a good relationship and then went though a very traumatic time together, it's likely they end up together. Those kinds of experiences tend to weld people together.

Keep in mind too that Lilly had to go directly against her own family to be with Hisao. That's a big bridge burnt right there. Lilly has alot of impetus to make the relationship last. Hisao does as well. He didn't nearly kill himself running after Lilly just to walk away from her later. He's got alot invested in her. Personally, I see their relationship lasting. I've seen real people with FAR less in common than Lilly and Hisao have great marriages that last a lifetime. It's all about what you put into it. I think they would end up just fine.
I'll believe that. The reason most high school relationships don't work out is because most people are simply not emotionally mature whatsoever in high school. But Hisao was matured considerably by his time in the hospital, and Lilly by her life of taking care of herself and Akira with no parental support. They both still have growing to do, but not nearly as much as your typical high school student.

On the other hand, Hisao is going to have to give a lot more importance to his cardiovascular health if he wants to actually survive into this fairytale life with Lilly. He almost dies on her account three times (on the road in Hokkaido, during sex, and chasing her at the airport) in the few short months shown in the game!
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Autopsy

Post by Autopsy »

Mirrormn wrote: On the other hand, Hisao is going to have to give a lot more importance to his cardiovascular health if he wants to actually survive into this fairytale life with Lilly. He almost dies on her account three times (on the road in Hokkaido, during sex, and chasing her at the airport) in the few short months shown in the game!
Considering how much Lilly worries, Hisao will be hitting the gym to strengthen his heart and if he ever wants the chance to lead in bed.
Favorite Routes:
Emi
Lilly
Hanako
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Autopsy wrote:
Mirrormn wrote: On the other hand, Hisao is going to have to give a lot more importance to his cardiovascular health if he wants to actually survive into this fairytale life with Lilly. He almost dies on her account three times (on the road in Hokkaido, during sex, and chasing her at the airport) in the few short months shown in the game!
Considering how much Lilly worries, Hisao will be hitting the gym to strengthen his heart and if he ever wants the chance to lead in bed.
She actually touches upon the health-related things in Hanako's path, if I remember correctly. After what happens in her own path, I guess she'll do so, too.

"I want to know what happened". You do. You know very well what happened, you don't have to have everything spoke word for word. It's all there in Hisao's last lines in the path's "epilogue".

There's a lot of love, care, and potential there, so we can assume they stay together if we want. Or part as friends. Or do whatever we want them to do. Babies ever after? Of course.

The paths are left relatively open-ended, because rarely there's something sure in life. But, there's always a lot of potential to go forward and improve, especially with a loved one at your side. It's meant to kick your imagination and your sense of self and tell them to work.

~But, if you really want a sum up, I'll give you one : Happiness. It's the good end for something. Will it be always? No, nothing is eternal. But they know it and are okay with that. They're commited to one another and IT (!) WILL (!) WORK (!). That's all we need to know.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune