Turned onto Classical/Piano music due to KS?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mysterious Stranger

Re: Turned onto Classical/Piano music due to KS?

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

harlequin wrote:Also people tend to mistake music played with what they consider classical instruments to be classical music. This isn't the case.
I would think that unless we're talking about something like Apocalyptica, in which case classical instruments are used to perform pieces that are obviously not classical, very nearly everything you'll hear performed by classical instrumentalists would be considered classical music one way or another. The phrase "classical music" shouldn't be confused with the classical period ranging from 1750 to 1830, or thereabouts.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
FstrthnU

Post by FstrthnU »

Well if we're talking about classical instruments performing "non-classical" music, I'm very much a fan of artists who "hybridize" genres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNRyml6pfX4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVB68LoxaAw

Here's good examples of it. I wouldn't totally describe them as "classical", but they clearly has some of its style. Of course, if anyone else does stuff similar to this I'd be dying to hear them!
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

I love classical, but i prefer marches because im in marching band

I like Sousa personally, but for classical
1: Canon in D Minour, sure its pretty known, but im just saying
2: Man on the Moon
3: John WIlliams-Not Classical, but its brilliant.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
Marching Band starts back up soon. HOO-AH!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
Joseph1112

Post by Joseph1112 »

KS inspired me to not only start back up on piano but

i now listen to KS music like all day... it gives me a certain feeling thats hard to describe and it helps me focus :)
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Joseph1112 wrote:KS inspired me to not only start back up on piano but

i now listen to KS music like all day... it gives me a certain feeling thats hard to describe and it helps me focus :)
For some reason, I was turned on to Marches, Not sure why, I just like Marches more now.
B.Deese wrote:There are two types of people, those who are ignorant, and those who are stupid, ignorant people do it wrong and don't know it's wrong, stupid people do it wrong and know it's wrong. Don't be Stupid!
MY CODE:
1-Every Day is a New Day! 2-Never Give Up 3-Never stop being Positive 4-Marching Band FTW! 5-Be Nice to everyone.
newnar X

Post by newnar X »

If anyone here like this kind of music, you're on the same wavelength as me.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

newnar X wrote:

If anyone here like this kind of music, you're on the same wavelength as me.
Pretty Damn good.

I really dislike most music with Vocals, Lyrics can easily ruin the orchestral Part of the song.
MY CODE:
harlequin

Post by harlequin »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
harlequin wrote:Also people tend to mistake music played with what they consider classical instruments to be classical music. This isn't the case.
I would think that unless we're talking about something like Apocalyptica, in which case classical instruments are used to perform pieces that are obviously not classical, very nearly everything you'll hear performed by classical instrumentalists would be considered classical music one way or another. The phrase "classical music" shouldn't be confused with the classical period ranging from 1750 to 1830, or thereabouts.
I'm not, but classical music is based on tonality to a much more technical extent than most easy listening pleasant piano music, and similar things. Some would argue that it's not always the case, especially with much more modern music such as minimalism, or serial music. They do however have a classical approach when it comes to variation and transformation of material. Even serial music is just a logical conclusion to the stretching of possibilities that can be achieved through tonal music.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

Classical Music is any kind of music that uses and orchestral form of instruments in my opinion, Although the hard exception is the Saxaphone, It can do quite well if use correctly.
MY CODE:
harlequin

Post by harlequin »

No. Bach played on an electric guitar is still Bach.

Playing pop songs with an orchestra is still a pop song.

Saxophones are used in Rachmaninoff's Symphonic Dances to great affect.
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

harlequin wrote:No. Bach played on an electric guitar is still Bach.

Playing pop songs with an orchestra is still a pop song.

Saxophones are used in Rachmaninoff's Symphonic Dances to great affect.

REDIFINE: Classical Is a Piece of music that is famous and is around 100 or so years old and farther. Dates can go back farther though
MY CODE:
FstrthnU

Post by FstrthnU »

So modern "classical" music would really be put into orchestral or chamber music then?
Alexbond45

Post by Alexbond45 »

FstrthnU wrote:So modern "classical" music would really be put into orchestral or chamber music then?
Basically, Classical is generally shown as anything that Is really old and only uses the Classic set of Instruments.
MY CODE: