Working on tribute video, looking for favorite quotes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Tyris1013

Working on tribute video, looking for favorite quotes

Post by Tyris1013 »

Now - before you start with the torches and spikes, let it be known I did my fair and share of searches and research thourgh forum xD
And I did infact find some quotes to put in video, its just that I'm missing a few so I wanted to ask you folks do you have any suggestions.

If you can (and remember?) write one of each 'awesome'/monumental/teardroping quotes from each of the 6 girls? Don't need any funny quotes, thank you :p
The video itself is a tribute, nothing much new in particular but it does look neat atm..

Hisao too works, forgot about him too :D thx
Last edited by Tyris1013 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wakagana

Re: Working on tribute video, looking for favorite quotes

Post by Wakagana »

IVEGOTTOGODOSOMETHING.

But in all seriousness, I'd say the most moving quote for me in the game was...

"For about a week, my room in the ward was full of flowers, balloons and cards.

But, the visitors soon dwindled and all the get-well gifts began trickling down to nothing shortly after.

I realized that the only reason I had gotten so many cards and flowers was because sending me their sympathy had been turned into a class project.

Maybe some people were genuinely concerned, but I doubt it. - "

Might be a little long, and out of context for the project. but that certainly got my attention due to the truth of it all.
Last edited by Wakagana on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Hanako: Then, please accept my first gift to you, Hisao

Lilly: Have I ever apologized for my blindness even once? You can't help the way you are born, Hisao. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please don't apologize for that.

Rin: Just be.

Rin: "I have no idea what's wrong with me!"

Shizune: I forgot that the whole time, Misha was there, opening up to me, and giving a hundred percent everyday.I missed what I was looking for, because it was in plain sight.

Mutou: Nakai, what do you think the purpose of this school is?
Hisao: Umm... To cater to the needs of disabled students?
Mutou: No. If we wanted to do that we would have built a whole new school from scratch... Look around, Nakai. This school is about giving you all a future that you would have been denied in regular education. Think of it this way. If we wanted you to graduate and go straight into a hospital, do you think we'd put in this much effort?

Kenji: If you ever want to talk about it, I'm, you know, here.
Hisao: Thanks, Kenji.
Kenji: Hey, it's cool. That's what friends are for, right?
(Hey, Kenji had his moments!)

And of course, the quote from 4chan.

"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person."

Sorry if I can't find any good Emi quotes right now.
Tyris1013

Post by Tyris1013 »

Wakagana wrote:IVEGOTTOGODOSOMETHING.

But in all seriousness, I'd say the most moving quote for me in the game was...

"For about a week, my room in the ward was full of flowers, balloons and cards.

But, the visitors soon dwindled and all the get-well gifts began trickling down to nothing shortly after.

I realized that the only reason I had gotten so many cards and flowers was because sending me their sympathy had been turned into a class project.

Maybe some people were genuinely concerned, but I doubt it. - "

Might be a little long, and out of context for the project. but that certainly got my attention due to the truth of it all.
Hmm, you're actually right. I haven't give it much though but this is actually good. Thank you :) even though I'm not sure how or where to use it in video, but still. I'm always open for ideas, and ideas are what makes one man's and another's creativity after all.

encrypted12345 wrote:Hanako: Then, please accept my first gift to you, Hisao

Lilly: Have I ever apologized for my blindness even once? You can't help the way you are born, Hisao. There's no point in apologizing for who you are. You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please don't apologize for that.

Rin: Just be.

Rin: "I have no idea what's wrong with me!"

Shizune: I forgot that the whole time, Misha was there, opening up to me, and giving a hundred percent everyday.I missed what I was looking for, because it was in plain sight.

Mutou: Nakai, what do you think the purpose of this school is?
Hisao: Umm... To cater to the needs of disabled students?
Mutou: No. If we wanted to do that we would have built a whole new school from scratch... Look around, Nakai. This school is about giving you all a future that you would have been denied in regular education. Think of it this way. If we wanted you to graduate and go straight into a hospital, do you think we'd put in this much effort?

Kenji: If you ever want to talk about it, I'm, you know, here.
Hisao: Thanks, Kenji.
Kenji: Hey, it's cool. That's what friends are for, right?
(Hey, Kenji had his moments!)

And of course, the quote from 4chan.

"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person."

Sorry if I can't find any good Emi quotes right now.
I love those quotes, especially Shizune's one cause I was looking for something to make progress. Thank you so much :)

Meh, just hope the video turns out ok. Its nothing like KS spin video, too flashy for my taste and I have no idea how to do that much effect. One man video editor after all :D
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Rin: "I need something more. It's not enough like this... I think I have to destroy myself."

Sends shivers up my spine every time.

My other favorites from Rin's route:

Hisao: "For us who can't foresee the future and who forget the past too easily, present is really the only proof of our existence. Even though existence will go on even if you forget about it for a while, it's good to seize the day at least every once in a while. That way... you can confirm that you are, in fact... alive."

Rin: "People cry when they are afraid, right? See? I can do it too."

Rin: "I have decided something. It's all right to be me after all."
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
BadMrFrostii

Post by BadMrFrostii »

Akira: "But that's how life is. You can't just set up your life and expect it to stay that way forever; sometimes stuff happens that you have to roll with, even if it means hurting yourself or others"

Lilly: "I believe there are things one chooses to do in life, and also things that are chosen for one to do in life"

And of course,
Kenji: "Not in the mood for pizza? That's not possible, son."
Gouken: "We are like cherry blossoms, Ryu, meant to bloom gloriously, but only for a short time until our season has passed."
Akuma: "But for the weak, that season passes much sooner. For the weak, there is no glory!"
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Everyone before me has already hit most of the really great ones, but one from Hanako's route that I found especially poignant is missing:

"This is me... all of me."

Also, "Wahahahahaha~!"
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Got the nerve to open up the game just to find a couple of good Emi quotes. Where are the Emibros when you need them? Ugh. Well, whatever.
Emi: So you want to fix me Hisao? Wanna swoop in on your white charger and save the day? Stop the nightmares, the phantom limb pains? Restore what's lost? Well you can't.

Emi: I tried not to fall for you, but I did. And then I tried to keep you at a distance, like with my first boyfriend, but I couldn't. But I've been so scared, because I don't want to lose you.

Oh, and WHOOSH! Can't forget THAT sound effect.

Now excuse me while I drown the feels I got from reopening this VN with root beer. Che, this thing is too taxing.
pjhoodsta

Post by pjhoodsta »

hmm...

I just completed Emi's route

Emi : Anal

I cannot get it off from my head!
Quietpower

Post by Quietpower »

Hisao wrote:Present

"Present" is a fleeting and vague concept at best.
The moment between the past and the future?
That doesn't really mean anything.
Thinking too much about things that don't make sense is a waste of time.
That's why living through the present is always the best options.
Besides, for us who can't foresee the future and who forget the past too easily, present is really the only proof of our existence.
Even though existence will go on even if you forget about it for a while, it's good to seize the day at least every once in a while.
That was... you can confirm that you are, in fact... alive.
This is such a strong sequence to me. It's also the only time that "Passing of Time" play as a legit BGM.

The moment Hisao finally takes a step toward truly understanding Rin and her mindset. This is that moment.