Is it just me who thinks that Emi's ex is Kenji??

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

amilegend

Is it just me who thinks that Emi's ex is Kenji??

Post by amilegend »

I have a feeling that Emi's ex was Kenji. Can't be assed to get qoutes and stuff to back me up, but the hate he has for emi is a lot larger than for all the others, and the stuff he says in the kenji bad ending seems to relate to some of the stuff emi says.
Nobody in Particular

Re: Is it just me who thinks that Emi's ex is Kenji??

Post by Nobody in Particular »

It is certainly a possibility. While most think that it is Yuuko there are hints that it could also be Emi. Personally however I don't think it is Emi, since there is a lot more "evidence" (and I use that word loosely) that it is Yuuko.
amilegend

Post by amilegend »

Also he says "She's bought down stronger men than you" which i think hints at himself.
amilegend

Post by amilegend »

I don't think it's yuuko because he said it was last year that it happened, and I thought yuuko was just there temporarily? But I havne't done rin's path yet so who knows I might have missed something
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

mind blown! it's certainly a possibility, though i don't think i can imagine Emi and kenji as a couple. they are so different. On the other hand, Kenji did change after his relationship. So... It might be so!
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

gRaViJa wrote:mind blown! it's certainly a possibility, though i don't think i can imagine Emi and kenji as a couple. they are so different. On the other hand, Kenji did change after his relationship. So... It might be so!

Well, it IS known that Emi had a relationship with another guy at Yamaku before Hisao arrived. Maybe it was Kenji and the whole "crazy" thing is a cover for his pain like Emi's extreme bubblyness is a cover for hers? Seems a stretch, but i suppose it could be possible.

Not sure I want to see the Shimmie for the Kenji-Emi sex scene though. *shudder*
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
toxicmaniac

Post by toxicmaniac »

Fuck you could be right....
Emi's route 7.5/10
Shizune's route: 8/10
Rin's route: 10/10
Hanako's route: 9.5/10
Lilly's route: Not finished
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Extremely unlikely given all the hints that are strewn in regarding Yuuko...
Also here's what Emi says about her ex:
"I dated a guy for a long while during my second year at Yamaku, but in the end we broke up, because I didn't want to get closer to him. He couldn't live with that distance between us."
Doesn't fit with what Kenji tells about his relationship.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

Kenji was also Lilly's older English tutor that she confided to Hisao that she had a crush on

I don't give a fuck if that doesn't make any sense time/age wise

because honestly it would still make as much sense as any of the other theories aside from Yuuko
It only hurts when I breathe
minkus

Post by minkus »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Also here's what Emi says about her ex:
"I dated a guy for a long while during my second year at Yamaku, but in the end we broke up, because I didn't want to get closer to him. He couldn't live with that distance between us."
Doesn't fit with what Kenji tells about his relationship.
Knowing Emi, wouldn't she have tried dating somebody else on the track team? She does seem to know more about their goings on.

I don't think there should be any doubt that Kenji and Yuuko dated. The big question is, will they ever get back together?

Kenji: I wear a hat now.
kingshivan

Post by kingshivan »

Another idea-

perhaps regardless of which route you choose, Kenji's responses tend to make it seem like he was always the previous love interest for a different person

cause I agree that I thought Emi was talking about Kenji as a past lover (which weirded me right the hell out), but then later in a different girl's route it seemed like he was the librarian's former beau!
Khey

Post by Khey »

I think it is Yuuko more probably - in Act 1, when trying for Shizune, Yuuko said that she had worked in cafe for more than one year. Moreover the school year had begun just few months before story, so there is no problem for them to have time for it.
And in Emi's route, when talking about Yamaku Cat burglar, she said that "somebody" had made her into cryptography and now those books are missing - quite struggling not to say name of that person.... And just few scenes before Kenyj had books about cryptography and had tried to hide them....

It is not direct evidence, but I think Kenjy really couldn't be Emi's boyfriend - try only imagine her making him running :D
Sane is boring!
Tachikoma

Post by Tachikoma »

The thought has occurred to me when I played Emi's arc (which was my first path), but I had my doubts. There was another thread on this topic a while back, and I think most contributors' conclusion was indeed Yuuko.

Then again, Kenji could be more into women than he really lets on and probably been playing around.
Radien

Post by Radien »

gRaViJa wrote:mind blown! it's certainly a possibility, though i don't think i can imagine Emi and kenji as a couple. they are so different. On the other hand, Kenji did change after his relationship. So... It might be so!
I wanted to quote this just to make a general point that applies to a number of lines of logic:

Just because two people are very different, that doesn't mean it's impossible for them to have dated. Remember, the relationship ended, and on a sour note. Often, opposites attract, and it takes awhile for the two people to realize that they have differences too big to be accounted for. The more different they are, the easier it is to imagine a breakup, and perhaps a messy one.

So, personally, I think it's best to look at the context. I haven't been paying enough attention to these things to really state an opinion, but things like one of the girls being interested in cryptography is very worthy of mention.

Also... heh... Yuuko? I guess Kenji likes the older women. (Well, not by much; Yuuko is only a year or two older than the others.)

Incidentally, my most-wanted path that is not available in the game isn't Misha; it's Yuuko. Initially, I found her the most appealing character. I'm a sucker for bookworms.
Paths completed so far (in order): Emi, Hanako, Shizune, Lilly (good endings)

Currently playing: Rin's path
Khey

Post by Khey »

Radien wrote: Also... heh... Yuuko? I guess Kenji likes the older women. (Well, not by much; Yuuko is only a year or two older than the others.)

Yuuko states somewhere in the game that she found (after some time), that her boyfriend was few years younger than she....
Sane is boring!