Is it just me who thinks that Emi's ex is Kenji??

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ubergeneral

Re: Is it just me who thinks that Emi's ex is Kenji??

Post by ubergeneral »

i doubt this. If the devs wanted us to know they would have told us.

I think the both Emi's and Kenji's exs were a year ahead and that they graduated before hisao came to yamaku.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
Rey Lee

Post by Rey Lee »

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this. Everyone who's taken Emi's route knows that she loves strawberry. Well, in one of the routes (either Kenji or Shizune's, but I'm pretty sure Shizune's) Kenji mentioned that his ex always used to eat his STRAWBERRY ice cream. Coincidence?
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

We know that Emi was interested in the track captain, and then later Hasio (after he started a health and fitness program), and somewhere in between the unnamed BF. I assume the atraction would again be fitness related.

However I can't see any mutual attraction between Kenji and Emi, so I think this rules Kenji out. Emi would not toleratre his hikikomori lifestyle, and Kenji would not tolerate her telling him what to eat and when/how to excersize. I just see zero romantic sparks between those two.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

How do we know that Kenji didn't just leave Yuuko and avoid her then go fuck Emi, which made him feel tired afterwards, which led to the "She's brought down stronger men than you" thing and then the whole feminist conspiracy is due to him believing Yuuko and Emi set him up.
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
Surreal-mind

Post by Surreal-mind »

I think that Emi and Kenji were a couple too, I even posted my theory somewhere... :?

There are many things that hint at this:

-Kenji has a personal grudge against Emi. He simply doesn't trust the other girls. But he says that Emi is one of the main players in the conspiracy and that she is downright evil. During Emi's route he seems more concerned about your well-being than usual.

-At one point he sees Hisao tired and worries about him, he immediatly knows it's because of Emi.He somewhat accuses Emi of draining Hisao's energy. He also somewhat implies that she had done it to someone else in the past too.During the manly picnic... he says he used to date a girl once, and after having sex with her it felt like she drained his energy.

-Kenji said his ex-girlfriend used to eat HIS ice cream...
You know who loves to eat everyone else's food ? EMI!

-Regarding his hikkomori lifestyle, it sounds like Kenji wasn't all paranoid and Hikkomori all the time. From what he says it really sounds like his ex broke his heart and made him that way. He used to be "normal" at some point so there's a chance they used to date...

I can totally picture Kenji being somewhat normal in the past, hanging out with her and trying to help her out the same way Hisao did, and then Emi getting pissed off and going all "bad ending" on his ass.
Erthel

Post by Erthel »

I always thought of Kenji as a "hisao" guy before the breaking up with whoever it was. Still, I think there is more "evidence" towards Yuuko.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

I still think the best theory is that Kenji managed to date both Emi and Yuuko at the same time without anyone involved realizing it.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Total Destruction

Post by Total Destruction »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:I still think the best theory is that Kenji managed to date both Emi and Yuuko at the same time without anyone involved realizing it.
I think this is kinda plausible, given the fact that Yuuko straight-up admits he just up and disappeared on her, AND never once mentioned getting physical with him. Kenji's blinder than Lilly, pretty much, and how Emi handles her nonsense would drive ANYONE into crazed paranoia. Who knows? This fucking game, man. Making us see things that aren't there.

Kenji/Emi = OT(former)P
... Danger.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Extremely unlikely given all the hints that are strewn in regarding Yuuko...
Also here's what Emi says about her ex:
"I dated a guy for a long while during my second year at Yamaku, but in the end we broke up, because I didn't want to get closer to him. He couldn't live with that distance between us."
Doesn't fit with what Kenji tells about his relationship.
Unless that distance was literal, in which case Kenji's eyesight could explain the issue.
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

I can imagine Emi bowling with Kenji in the corridors, but surprisingly I can imagine yuuko doing the same.
I always imagined Yuuko had a radical hippy past
$50 says I live more South than all of you
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

inquisitivenegro wrote:I can imagine Emi bowling with Kenji in the corridors, but surprisingly I can imagine yuuko doing the same.
I always imagined Yuuko had a radical hippy past
OK I might be giving away an awesome idea, but I just had a picture in my head of Kenji bowling Emi (minus her prostheses) down the corridor.
random

Post by random »

Kenji's ex was Hanako

they were on the down low, so that Lilly (who didn't live at the dorms at the time) didn't even notice

She tried to get him to stop white knighting her with sex but it turns out ...
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

random wrote:Kenji's ex was Hanako

they were on the down low, so that Lilly (who didn't live at the dorms at the time) didn't even notice

It works because Kenji is too dense and inconsiderate to successfully baby her.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:
random wrote:Kenji's ex was Hanako

It works because Kenji is too dense and inconsiderate to successfully baby her.
Except that, according to Hanako's timeline, she's a virgin.