Page 1 of 2

if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:59 am
by ubergeneral
Today on gamefaqs, they have a top 10 list of visual novels.

ON the list for each entry, they have a quote from the game set the tone for that game.

If katawa shoujo was on the game what would the quote be? What one quote from katawa shoujo tells us everything about what it's about?

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:13 am
by Chronopolize
"WAHAHAHA!~"

It had to be said.

Edit: I'd say the tone for KS is that of personal growth, understanding, and solace. That and adorable love. Now, to find a quote for that. Out of the easily remembered quotes I think Rin's final quote ("What is the word for when your heart knows that everything in the world is right?") is not bad. It's hints at making it through a tumultuous period, it's not overly romantic, and it shows true contentedness and acceptance of an imperfect uncertain future.

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:59 am
by Mirrormn
Chronopolize wrote: I'd say the tone for KS is that of personal growth, understanding, and solace. That and adorable love. Now, to find a quote for that. Out of the easily remembered quotes I think Rin's final quote ("What is the word for when your heart knows that everything in the world is right?") is not bad. It's hints at making it through a tumultuous period, it's not overly romantic, and it shows true contentedness and acceptance of an imperfect uncertain future.
I'd say that's a good choice. On the other hand, if you wanted to go for something overly romantic, you could choose Lilly's quote: "I love you, Hisao. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you! Don't go away, I beg of you. Never, ever go away. I love you, so please...!"

In actuality, I expect you could find a quote in some of Hisao's self-reflective text that would actually sum up the game better than any of direct dialogue from the girls. Unfortunately I can't remember a lot of the self-reflective text.

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:02 am
by alien.marksman
How about..
"If we lose, all our supple Japanese women be raped and enslaved by a bunch of sociopathic lesbian feminists"

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:01 am
by Yellow 13
You are a beautiful person Hiaso, please don't ever apologise for that

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 am
by Daitengu
In a fuzzy way:

Rin
"Have I told you how much I like rain? It's like painting. It makes me feel connected."

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:16 am
by rydiafan
We're just two children pretending to be Adults, aren't we??

this pretty much sums up all the relationships ... even though it's from lillys route

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:19 am
by newnar
Can you stand up for yourself?

It's on the main page.

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:47 am
by Tomate
There is that thing Hisao says in act one, cant remember it exactly, it goes like this "I feels like i went down the rabbit hole and ended on a cripple wonderland".
It sets the tone nicely for the first chapter.

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:30 am
by Megumeru
ubergeneral wrote:Today on gamefaqs, they have a top 10 list of visual novels.

ON the list for each entry, they have a quote from the game set the tone for that game.

If katawa shoujo was on the game what would the quote be? What one quote from katawa shoujo tells us everything about what it's about?
Gee, I don't know...

"Can you tell me what you think?"

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:41 am
by DrSkulk
newnar wrote:Can you stand up for yourself?

It's on the main page.
The quote on the main page changes randomly. The one you quoted is for Emi, so it's a bit unfair to the other characters I think.

Here's a suggestion from me: "Is it hard to be disabled?" "You tell me, you've been in this business a lot longer than I have." (I know it's two lines but I think it's pretty good.)

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:01 am
by Woody Alien
"Just be."

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:36 pm
by Megumeru
here's actually a good one I remembered from that poster:

"Everyone has damage. Be the better Person."

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:24 pm
by Oddball
I like one of the lines in Lilly's route.

"There's no point in apologizing for who you are."

Re: if one quote could be used to represent the game....

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:02 pm
by Tim_Servi
I really liked the one TV Tropes used in their quotes page for KS

"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion."
-Francis Bacon