Their reactions to ours

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guestimate

Their reactions to ours

Post by Guestimate »

Just a thought I had. How do you think the characters would react if they could see these boards? Let's assume they get over the whole "Wait... there are stories of us?" and "Oh crap thousands of people have seen naughty drawings of us!" bits. How do they react to the people they've inspired, the lives they've changed, the hearts they've stolen, and the sleepless nights they've caused. Not to mention that, when their various troubles crop up, they each have probably a few hundred who would buy an overnight ticket to Japan on the spot, just to be there for them. And of course there's the annoyance at whoever doesn't like them... Anyhow, discuss.
BadMrFrostii

Re: Their reactions to ours

Post by BadMrFrostii »

Hmm, I'd never thought about that.
I would imagine that the girls would probably all be kind of shocked, and also touched.
The way they handle it; however, would be different, haha.
I would imagine Lilly staying clam like always, while someone like Emi would be more ecstatic about it.
To each her own, I suppose. ^.^
Gouken: "We are like cherry blossoms, Ryu, meant to bloom gloriously, but only for a short time until our season has passed."
Akuma: "But for the weak, that season passes much sooner. For the weak, there is no glory!"
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Rin would be intrigued, and probably read a lot of the responses with a reflective and bemused disposition. She wouldn't participate in any of the art threads, though.

Shizune would immediately declare it to be childish and pathetic, but would be secretly flattered, and would probably look at positive comments about herself when Misha wasn't around. She would also check all the polls to see if she was winning them.

Emi would find the whole concept a little weird, but would laugh it off quickly. I doubt she would read any comments whatsoever; she would just not think about it at all.

Hanako would be the most disturbed, and perhaps quite surprised. I can't quite decide if she would be secretly flattered in the same way as Shizune. She might get a self-esteem boost by everyone thinking she is so cute, or she might just be horrified at the massive amounts of attention from strangers.

Lilly would... not be able to read the forums :(
If Hisao read them to her, she would be cordially happy that her story (and others) made positive changes in peoples' lives. But she would secretly be a little creeped out.
If Akira read them to her, she wouldn't have time to respond, because Akira would be teasing her relentlessly.
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Tachikoma

Post by Tachikoma »

I think it's safe to say they'd be all quite horrified and find the whole thing disturbing, particularly because, well, their most intimate moments have been spilled online for a lecherous audience to see. It's probably no different than real celebrities reading stuff about themselves.

I guess Shizune would be able to handle it well, due to her persona. Maybe Misha, too. Not sure about the other girls, some would go into a meltdown for sure.
Mirrormn wrote:Rin would be intrigued, and probably read a lot of the responses with a reflective and bemused disposition. She wouldn't participate in any of the art threads, though.
Nah, Rin wouldn't like the attention either. She'd probably shut the world out and live in her own bubble.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Emi would probably be quite upset at the amount of time she spends in various states of undress. These are H-game fans, not her boyfriend.
I don't know what Misha's reaction would be, except that it would no doubt involve large amounts of WAHAHA, probably at poor Hisao's expense.
Hanako would play up to her H-scene and promptly die of embarrassment.
Lilly... well, I suspect it may actually be a good thing that KS has no real provisions for accessibility. I'm seeing years of pent-up emotion flash before my eyes: flamethrowers, chainsaws, and machine guns come to mind.
Shizune would get bored with the lack of competitive options.
Rin: "Well, I almost guessed right. Wrong person's pants, though."
Falling in love is a volcano. Being in love is a kotatsu.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Well, and how would you feel, finding a whole forum of droolers discussing the most personal and intimate aspects of your life? I guess sues would follow.
:wink:
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Hanako? Running about in forums? She'll go:
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... rch=hanako

and if it didn't go well she'd be:
...one-way ticket to hell please
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

They would probably get together and petition any and all legal authorities they could to get the game and site shut down and have restraining orders placed against everybody that could be identified from thier IPs. Hanako would end up doing this.http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/2609
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Wachoo talking about, OP? Rin already knows about us.

[shimmie]2605[/shimmie]
Guestimate

Post by Guestimate »

Okay, I realized that there would be a lot of obvious negative reactions by them. I thought I had explained in the OP that I wasn't really interested in that particular aspect. Hmmm, new scenario then, imagine KS is a "based on true events" story done with their knowledge and consent. Yes, I know they probably wouldn't agree to it, but I'm trying to avoid the "Horrible End" here.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Guestimate wrote:Okay, I realized that there would be a lot of obvious negative reactions by them. I thought I had explained in the OP that I wasn't really interested in that particular aspect. Hmmm, new scenario then, imagine KS is a "based on true events" story done with their knowledge and consent. Yes, I know they probably wouldn't agree to it, but I'm trying to avoid the "Horrible End" here.
...I'm sorry, send me to hell right now because I can see Hanako...

*puts on glasses*

...in a flame war

YEEEEAAAAAAAAH
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Hanako would probably implode if she could see these forums. Rin probably wouldn't even react.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Brisingr

Post by Brisingr »

Megumeru wrote:Hanako? Running about in forums? She'll go:

and if it didn't go well she'd be:
...one-way ticket to hell please
http://www.hotstocked.com/articles-img/ ... o_hell.jpg :D
humhorse

Post by humhorse »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Hanako would probably implode if she could see these forums.
This. Especially after she reads this thread: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1680
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

They will find you all creepers and file various restraining orders against you.

Also, if Hanako was real, she will find all your white knighting bullshit annoying and will snap at you all for thinking she's cute because of her burn scars.