Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
Megumeru
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am
Location: Land of the Rising Sun

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Megumeru » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:32 am

I think it's a good idea.

Because think about it like this: if some douche stole that iPAD of yours, read KS that is installed there, then had the FEELS...

it's technically a win-win situation right? He has your iPAD, you spread the word about KS, and both of you has the FEELs.

See? Win-win
Image
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story

User avatar
FluffandCrunch
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:57 am
Location: West Michigan

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by FluffandCrunch » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Absolutely god-awful idea. Do you seriously want to be playing KS on the bus or elsewhere in public, and then start breaking down when you get to Hanako's bad ending (or a similarly heartcrushing scene)?
:Imagines that happening:

Oh, God, please no....

User avatar
newnar
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 am
Location: A country that forces me to join the army

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by newnar » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:17 am

Megumeru wrote:I think it's a good idea.

Because think about it like this: if some douche stole that iPAD of yours, read KS that is installed there, then had the FEELS...

it's technically a win-win situation right? He has your iPAD, you spread the word about KS, and both of you has the FEELs.

See? Win-win
Dafuq did I just read? I don't even.
I am a guy.
I sometimes talk like Rin Tezuka.
I am in love with Hanako Ikezawa.
NoOne3 wrote:Imagine a male Rin who secretly likes Hanako.
this
YES I AM. DEAL WITH IT.

Blicer

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Blicer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:23 am

I would replay the game again every route on my phone if it was ported onto there. I wish it was honestly.

Hector

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Hector » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 am

Wouldn't it be easier to put it in the iPhone since mOst people have it jailbroken anyways! they can download apps that apple doesn't allow! It's a start for mobile section but maybe it will take off from their. Mostly everyone I know has an iPhone but no laptop and I want them to play ks so they can feel the same way I felt. I wish they would put it on the iPhone.

Blicer

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Blicer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Hector wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to put it in the iPhone since mOst people have it jailbroken anyways! they can download apps that apple doesn't allow! It's a start for mobile section but maybe it will take off from their. Mostly everyone I know has an iPhone but no laptop and I want them to play ks so they can feel the same way I felt. I wish they would put it on the iPhone.
it would lend itself well to android phones as well :p since everything is so open anyway.

User avatar
Megumeru
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am
Location: Land of the Rising Sun

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Megumeru » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:21 am

newnar wrote:Dafuq did I just read? I don't even.
Did I just made you...

Image
Image
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story

rydiafan
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by rydiafan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 am

yes i can see the public reaction to playing KS in public .....
" so what is the point of the game ?? " someone asks as they look over your shoulder
" you try to bulid a relationship with one of 5 disabled girls " you say
" your fucked up in the head " they say back

like most adult themed games it should not be on a moble phone ... should be enjoyed in private

Pechee
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:26 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Pechee » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:37 pm

This would be nice, tho Im not expecting port for phones since devs obviously aren't developing KS anymore and I really doubt that anyone around the internet would make effort this big. Especially since devs are against it.

But yeah am I really the only one that is sick of all time-killer games for phones..? I mean I have to travel pretty often and those trips take more than 2 hours. Good luck with flinging birds to pigs and buildings all that time.. I do have psp and laptop but android game with proper story would be great since I have phone always with me.
...And you thought your English was bad

User avatar
Mysterious Stranger
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Mysterious Stranger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:06 pm

Pechee wrote:But yeah am I really the only one that is sick of all time-killer games for phones..? I mean I have to travel pretty often and those trips take more than 2 hours. Good luck with flinging birds to pigs and buildings all that time.. I do have psp and laptop but android game with proper story would be great since I have phone always with me.
Anything made by PopCap is above average (i.e. Plants vs. Zombies), but yeah, most of the rest is time-killing garbage.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |

User avatar
newnar
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 am
Location: A country that forces me to join the army

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by newnar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:33 pm

rydiafan wrote:yes i can see the public reaction to playing KS in public .....
" so what is the point of the game ?? " someone asks as they look over your shoulder
" you try to bulid a relationship with one of 5 disabled girls " you say
" your fucked up in the head " they say back

like most adult themed games it should not be on a moble phone ... should be enjoyed in private
In that case scream back at them,"Yes I am, whatchu gonna"do 'bout it?"
I am a guy.
I sometimes talk like Rin Tezuka.
I am in love with Hanako Ikezawa.
NoOne3 wrote:Imagine a male Rin who secretly likes Hanako.
this
YES I AM. DEAL WITH IT.

pjhoodsta
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:49 am

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by pjhoodsta » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:55 am

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Absolutely god-awful idea. Do you seriously want to be playing KS on the bus or elsewhere in public, and then start breaking down when you get to Hanako's bad ending (or a similarly heartcrushing scene)?

How embarrassing. Besides, KS isn't exactly a casual time-killer of a game like Angry Birds.
Hell why not?

I can use my time effectively to complete KS.

I don't feel like open my laptop in a bus to play KS.

Yet... I would feel extremely awkward when a H scene appears in my mobile while I am in a bus with total strangers.

especially Emi's "Anal"


I won't disagree with mobile concept.

There has been mobile portable for those dating sim games in Japan (and possibly S.Korea too).

I wonder 4LS or somebody gonna do it though.

User avatar
youka
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: In your pantsu! :D
Contact:

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by youka » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 am

rydiafan wrote:" so what is the point of the game ?? " someone asks as they look over your shoulder
" you try to bulid a relationship with one of 5 disabled girls " you say
" your fucked up in the head " they say back
lol, thats what i would have said before playing it myself. But i dont agree with a mobile version any more though, i think it should be enjoyed in private too.

And i doubt 4LS will EVER do it. They said strictly in the game faq that there are no ports and they wont allow anyone to port it either.
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka

User avatar
Megumeru
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am
Location: Land of the Rising Sun

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Megumeru » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:10 am

Pechee wrote: Good luck with flinging birds to pigs and buildings all that time.. I do have psp and laptop but android game with proper story would be great since I have phone always with me.
Oh.

Ooh...

OOOOOOOOOOOOH....

anyone want to make an iPad/iPhone fangame of KS where you fling Yukkuri Hisao into 5 Yukkuri heroines inside a building and whatnot?
Image
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story

User avatar
Mysterious Stranger
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 pm
Location: Washington, D.C.

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Mysterious Stranger » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:59 am

Megumeru wrote:
Pechee wrote: Good luck with flinging birds to pigs and buildings all that time.. I do have psp and laptop but android game with proper story would be great since I have phone always with me.
Oh.

Ohhh...?

OOOOOOOOOOOOH....
Well then I won't use the word crispy!
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |

Post Reply