Hisao's little bundle of joy

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Snow_Storm

Re: Hisao's little bundle of joy

Post by Snow_Storm »

Yeah no, I don't think he's gonna want kids anytime soon.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Snow_Storm wrote:Yeah no, I don't think he's gonna want kids anytime soon.
Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

I'd argue the exact opposite of that considering Hisao's tendency to dwell on his stunted life expectancy.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

Cyraknoss wrote:
I'd argue the exact opposite of that considering Hisao's tendency to dwell on his stunted life expectancy.
He's not going to die THAT soon. I'm sure he'll wait until the somewhat respectable age of 23. He does want to become a teacher.
Cyraknoss

Post by Cyraknoss »

encrypted12345 wrote:
Cyraknoss wrote:
He's not going to die THAT soon. I'm sure he'll wait until the somewhat respectable age of 23. He does want to become a teacher.
Wanting children and having them are two very different things. He likely would wait if possible to get life into a decent situation first but that doesn't mean the desire isn't there, or that a pregnancy would be terminated if it happened. More likely if an "accident" happened Hisao would argue harder in favor of it due to his stunted life expectancy.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Yeah, and can we please keep the "A" word out of it?

Some of us are kinda sensitive about that, and this ain't /b/.

Not cool dude. Not cool.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

He might also not want a child due to fear of dying and leaving it without a father.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Bigbishounen wrote:

Not cool dude. Not cool.
I'll stop using the word "Abortion" when the following happens:

All right-winged moralist Christians are elected out of Congress
When people stop taking fictional characters so seriously.

Seeing the future of those two things, I don't think it will happen anytime soon, friend.
Titus

Post by Titus »

encrypted12345 wrote:
Cyraknoss wrote:
Sleuthing around on the internet got me no answers, but, just what is the average life expectancy of someone with with Cardiac Dysrhythmia?

One Hanako fanfic had him dead at 26. Chances can't be that bleak, can they?
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Life expectancy doesn't work that way. Everyone has the chance to live till 100. Sometimes they are just extremely slim.

The answer is we don't really know.
Plus Cardiac Dysrhythmia is quite a wide term. We don't really know what is the specific profile of his desease. Hisao is hospitalised initially, but is not even fitted with a pacemaker, so while we know his condition is serious it's not like every day is a success for him. He's even encouraged to do some regular running. Being a diletante, I would compare it with type 1 diabetes. Take care of yourself, take the meds, listen to your doctor, and you'll be fine... except those rare cases when you'll not.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

I don't think Hisao or his girlfriend would want to have an abortion - with the possible exception of Shizune (who I imagine would be a career-seeking woman, and not exactly an ideal mother). I'm confident they're confident enough to raise at least one kid - even in their salad years.

Abortion is a distinct possibility for Shizune. Not sure about the others. But I don't think Hisao or any of the other girls has the potential to be quite that selfish.

Maybe if Lilly's family forced her to for reasons of keeping up appearances.

I personally hope they wouldn't, though. I know that whomever Hisao would end up with, they could manage if they had kids. As my God and Lord in Heaven is a good Father to me, Hisao would be a good father to his children, I think. He would certainly be a good husband.
Snow_Storm wrote:
Bigbishounen wrote:

Not cool dude. Not cool.
What makes chemical or surgical abortions any worse than the pill? The pill itself is a chemical abortion, did you know that?
Besides, both condoms and partial-birth abortions promote the same kind of mentality. Both basically say that being faithful is a bad, or at least unnecessary thing, and that children are undesirable. :(
I'll stop using the word "Abortion" when the following happens:

All right-winged moralist Christians are elected out of Congress
When people stop taking fictional characters so seriously.

Seeing the future of those two things, I don't think it will happen anytime soon, friend.
Don't worry. I won't stop using it, either. It's a word everyone ought to know. A word for a grave and tragic evil on the level of racial discrimination, slavery, and human sacrifice. Actually, abortion is something of a human sacrifice. It's a sacrifice to that false god called "Worldly Success". Abortion puts money, power, and prestige over human life. It's a travesty and a sad commentary on the Western world - especially in their ignorance of embryology and genetics.

The ironic thing is, abortion will actually make the world poorer and more helpless than it is now. Take Russia for an example. They've been having abortions like crazy. But in very recent years, their government has been subsidising couples who choose to have children rather than aborting them. Russia wised up. It realized they were killing off their most important resource: PEOPLE.

Who knows, though? Maybe it'll take the dying out of this generation, maybe a few more, before the human race wises up again and realizes abortion and contraception are poison to humanity. [/rant]
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?
Titus

Post by Titus »

NoOne3 wrote:Life expectancy doesn't work that way. Everyone has the chance to live till 100. Sometimes they are just extremely slim.

The answer is we don't really know.
Plus Cardiac Dysrhythmia is quite a wide term. We don't really know what is the specific profile of his desease. Hisao is hospitalised initially, but is not even fitted with a pacemaker, so while we know his condition is serious it's not like every day is a success for him. He's even encouraged to do some regular running. Being a diletante, I would compare it with type 1 diabetes. Take care of yourself, take the meds, listen to your doctor, and you'll be fine... except those rare cases when you'll not.
So, it's really just a matter of not stressing the heart dramatically, take the medicine, and he'll live a fairly long life?
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Paddy wrote:Besides, both condoms and partial-birth abortions promote the same kind of mentality. Both basically say that being faithful is a bad, or at least unnecessary thing, and that children are undesirable.
You forgot to mention that masturbation is technically a genocide, you know?
And I can't really know what this rubber utensil has to do with being faithful to your significant other, married or not.

So while I don't really consider an abortion a viable option for dealing with unplanned pregnancy, I can't back you up all the way there.

Also, with a basis of such an orthodox wiev of life, how were you able to enjoy an erotic game, about unmarried delinquents' amorous adventures? With pictures? Oh, their sinfull ways...
Paddy wrote:with the possible exception of Shizune (who I imagine would be a career-seeking woman, and not exactly an ideal mother).
The Dude quote still apply here, no less. It's so easy to judge people on first sight.
Titus wrote:So, it's really just a matter of not stressing the heart dramatically, take the medicine, and he'll live a fairly long life?
Well, that's what I'd like to believe, yes.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

NoOne3 wrote:
Paddy wrote:Besides, both condoms and partial-birth abortions promote the same kind of mentality. Both basically say that being faithful is a bad, or at least unnecessary thing, and that children are undesirable.
And I can't really know what this rubber utensil has to do with being faithful to your significant other, married or not.

So while I don't really consider an abortion a viable option for dealing with unplanned pregnancy, I can't back you up all the way there.

Also, with a basis of such an orthodox wiev of life, how were you able to enjoy an erotic game, about unmarried delinquents' amorous adventures? With pictures? Oh, their sinfull ways...
Come on, let's be civil here. While I don't agree with the Catholic Church on the matter of banning condoms, their desire to protect fidelity and encourage child-rearing in marriage is right. It's just that there are so many other circumstances behind an abortion and condom-use that banning them out-right is just ridiculous. You can hate the sin all you want, but causing grievous harm to the sinner in the process is wrong in my opinion.
Paddy
Location: In wheat fields, which must be placed on the valley floor.

Post by Paddy »

NoOne3 wrote:
It's not technically genocide, as sperm's only got half the chromosomes of a human being. It's still an attempt to escape the inevitable reality that you want to be loved, and that being alone isn't going to get you any closer to that. And if you use pronography (who doesn't when they're masturbating?) you also put yourself at risk for mentally turning women into a commodity - at least when you're having sex - and turning sexual desire from a healthy, loving, relationship-building exercise into an addiction. It's the same as it is for food, drinking, smoking, or using the computer. If you do it too often and for the wrong reasons, you'll build up an addiction to it and you'll be hard-pressed to stop once it gets that far.

At least, in my experience. :( (Computer addict. Not saying anything else.)

Condoms, while not abortifacient, do prevent kids. That's why people use them, cos they don't want kids. So what do you do when a condom fails? (As we learned years ago in "Friends", even the best condoms can have a 3% failure rate.) Hm?

If you don't want children, just don't have sex. You're guaranteed not to have children if you don't feel like you can afford it. Or if you don't know that you are committed enough to your relationship at this point.

According to the NAF, here in America, there are about 2.5 million unplanned pregnancies every year - half of those due to missing a "pill", a failed condom, or other failed contraceptive. About 1.3 million of those end in abortions every year here.

I think there is a fairly noticeable link between contraception and abortion. A lot of people turn a blind eye to it, for all kinds of reasons, both good and evil.

So what does this have to do with fidelity?
Some relationships are not as strong as they'd like to think they are; they lean on contraceptives, and if those fail abortions, to last. But if a contraceptive fails, and a girl gets pregnant, the boyfriend decides he doesn't want the kid, but she does, what happens then?

One of three things: either they stick it out together and raise the kid, or (the more likely options) he forces her to get an abortion, or he abandons her because she refuses.
For one thing, I was curious. "4chan", "tasteful", "positive reviews", and "compassionate" are not often ideas expressed in the game review, article, or Wikipedia entry, you know. I now understand the connection to 4chan was slight at best, but I'm glad I discovered the game.

I also like VNs, for the plot more than the sex. Actually, the sex turns out to be much less fascinating than the plot, or the characters. Admittedly, I'm a very, very weak man, and the "nasty" pictures are what lure me to see the game. But amazingly, I (almost) never wank* to VNs. I'm far too interested in the story to bother with the sex.

Also, to be honest, I made a lot of theological discoveries when I played through KS. I kinda get now why God values sexual fidelity so highly. It truly is amazing, at least from a third-person perspective.

*OK, that's my other addiction... I never said I was perfect. I know wanking's wrong, and I am trying to correct it. But it's not easy.

Paddy wrote:with the possible exception of Shizune (who I imagine would be a career-seeking woman, and not exactly an ideal mother).
The Dude quote still apply here, no less. It's so easy to judge people on first sight.
I've gotten to the end of Shizune's route already. I'm still not confident about her having any (or at least good) maternal instincts. :? To be honest, Shiz's plot confused me a bit.

Am I missing something here? :(
encrypted12345 wrote:Come on, let's be civil here. While I don't agree with the Catholic Church on the matter of banning condoms, their desire to protect fidelity and encourage child-rearing in marriage is right. It's just that there are so many other circumstances behind an abortion and condom-use that banning them out-right is just ridiculous. You can hate the sin all you want, but causing grievous harm to the sinner in the process is wrong in my opinion.
I understand your feelings, and I wouldn't doubt the Second Vatican Council had some sympathies for pregnant women, too. But the reason behind something doesn't make a sin any less of a wrong. Stealing a candy bar to survive is just as bad as stealing for the hell of it.

Conversely, the situation a person is in does make a sin more or less of a person's fault. It's most certainly an outrage for a well-to-do woman to have an abortion because it might pose a slight inconvenience for her otherwise tidy, controlled life. But while the abortion is still wrong, I have a bit more sympathy for the young teenage girl who was forced by her boyfriend, her parents, or her boyfriend's parents, to have it. My anger is then directed toward the parents, or the boyfriend, not to the girl, for causing it. Even the girl who has an abortion because she's afraid she won't be able to feed the poor soul I can't blame. It would be painful to have to raise a kid in poverty.

Yet we still have the evil problem of the abortion itself, circumstances aside. We really do care about the women who are considering the abortions, not just the child in her womb. So we've got alternatives, many alternatives. Christians of all shades have run shelters for pregnant women, crisis pregnancy centers, and adoption services. There are even secular services that tend to pregnant women without offering abortions as a solution.

And frankly, I hope the day comes again when individual people, not just organizations, take caring for the poor, the abandoned, and the lonely themselves. Homestyle.
Last edited by Paddy on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm weary of the railway,
Poor Paddy works on the railway.

Блажен муж, иже не иде на совет нечестивых.
Blessed is the man, who walks not in the counsel of the wicked. (Psalm 1:1)
Got questions about God, Christianity, or the Catholic Church?