Truly amazing.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shilver

Truly amazing.

Post by Shilver »

I'd just like to say how amazing this game is. My friend told me about it, and after bugging me for about 2 weeks, I finally loaded it up. And I haven't looked back. Such a great story. I finished Emi's story, and I don't know if I can put myself through another. It's so heart wrenching and her story relates to one of my past relationship on so many levels (besides the dead Dad , no legs, and PTSD, and I was more like the first girlfriend of Emi's then Hisao). Also I relate to her "popular, but not many close friends".. I'm not an emotional guy at all, and that's part of the reason my past relationship has failed, and it's hard for me to type about this stuff, let alone talk about it to even my closest friends. I'm just glad I found this, and I look forward to playing the other arcs in the future. Thank you devs!

It's also opened up my passion again for reading. It's been around 2 years since I last sat down and truly enjoyed a great novel, it's going to be nice to do that again instead of sitting here bored off my arse looking at a computer screen.

(PS, anyone else think Misha should be a story-arc? I was a bit sad when my friend told me she wasn't)
MoogleDee

Re: Truly amazing.

Post by MoogleDee »

Shilver wrote:I'd just like to say how amazing this game is. My friend told me about it, and after bugging me for about 2 weeks, I finally loaded it up. And I haven't looked back. Such a great story. I finished Emi's story, and I don't know if I can put myself through another. It's so heart wrenching and her story relates to one of my past relationship on so many levels (besides the dead Dad , no legs, and PTSD, and I was more like the first girlfriend of Emi's then Hisao). Also I relate to her "popular, but not many close friends".. I'm not an emotional guy at all, and that's part of the reason my past relationship has failed, and it's hard for me to type about this stuff, let alone talk about it to even my closest friends. I'm just glad I found this, and I look forward to playing the other arcs in the future. Thank you devs!

It's also opened up my passion again for reading. It's been around 2 years since I last sat down and truly enjoyed a great novel, it's going to be nice to do that again instead of sitting here bored off my arse looking at a computer screen.

(PS, anyone else think Misha should be a story-arc? I was a bit sad when my friend told me she wasn't)
Welcome to the boards! Emi was my first route when I started KS, too. One thing I've noticed here is that it's probably one of the most supportive communities I've ever seen. Ignoring the fact that we're all gathered here due to an eroge, if you want to share something or get something out that's been eating at you, don't hesitate. Especially after finishing Emi's route, if you're feeling inspired to get out and do something - there's a place for that too. So stick around, it's kinda neat here.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

Emi's route is mediocre compared to the others. Prepare to weep.
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

Shilver wrote: Also I relate to her "popular, but not many close friends".[/spoiler]. I'm not an emotional guy at all, and that's part of the reason my past relationship has failed, and it's hard for me to type about this stuff, let alone talk about it to even my closest friends. I'm just glad I found this, and I look forward to playing the other arcs in the future. Thank you devs!

Try Rin's route. Seems it might have something to offer you as well. Possibly even Shizune's route might be relateable as well.

Oh and no Misha route, because of cannon reasons. I for one am fine with it.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:Emi's route is mediocre compared to the others. Prepare to weep.
No, it's not. Every person will connect with another story on a different level. Emi's story reminded me of my own past myself and therefore i find it the best route. Just a fact that all 5 are written very well.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
dunkelfalke

Post by dunkelfalke »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:Emi's route is mediocre compared to the others. Prepare to weep.
There is nothing mediocre about Emi's route. It actually hit me the hardest for some reason, even though Lilly is mai waifu.
The labyrinth of memories that is killing me
PyramidSong

Post by PyramidSong »

Yeah it's really a matter of personal experience. No one girl is better than the other. The girl that you see yourself the most in will be the one that resonates the most with you, if that makes any sense.
There was nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

Don't take what I said the wrong way. I thought her route was amazing, just not as good as some of the others. Everyone has their personal opinion of course, but I think in general, most people prefer Lilly's/Hanako's/Rin's routes a bit more then Emi's. Didn't mean to offend any Emi fans though =]
PyramidSong

Post by PyramidSong »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:Don't take what I said the wrong way. I thought her route was amazing, just not as good as some of the others. Everyone has their personal opinion of course, but I think in general, most people prefer Lilly's/Hanako's/Rin's routes a bit more then Emi's. Didn't mean to offend any Emi fans though =]
Don't worry about it. We're all bros here. :D
There was nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

PyramidSong wrote:
ivegottogodosomthing wrote:Don't take what I said the wrong way. I thought her route was amazing, just not as good as some of the others. Everyone has their personal opinion of course, but I think in general, most people prefer Lilly's/Hanako's/Rin's routes a bit more then Emi's. Didn't mean to offend any Emi fans though =]
Don't worry about it. We're all bros here. :D
Indeed. "Brofoot".
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

PyramidSong wrote:Yeah it's really a matter of personal experience. No one girl is better than the other. The girl that you see yourself the most in will be the one that resonates the most with you, if that makes any sense.
Pretty much this.

Also, Misha isn't a path because she doesn't bat for that team. Or is a free agent. The evidence suggests the former, but doesn't quite rule out the latter either.
cantataria

Post by cantataria »

yeah mate. i was dead surprised.

i was lurking around the internet and some girl had posted it saying something like ' a fetish game for disabled anime girls' or someth and all the responses were like 'ew' or 'only in japan kekekeke' whatever. i clicked on the wiki link and it looked interesting so i downloaded it for kicks

and it is presently taking over my life oh my god ;_; who knew a game could be so heartfelt? i don't play any games or read VNs ever. i just sort of stumbled across it. i am so glad. so touching. even if i should be studying instead of playing it.
Thrasher Thetic

Post by Thrasher Thetic »

Pretty much the way it goes mang. Everyone I know who has played it, except those who are 1.) utterly asexual, or 2.) don't read or enjoy good stories, have had pretty much the same reaction.
The only difference between theory and reality is that in theory there is no difference, but in reality there is.
Shilver

Post by Shilver »

Daitengu wrote:
Shilver wrote: Also I relate to her "popular, but not many close friends".[/spoiler]. I'm not an emotional guy at all, and that's part of the reason my past relationship has failed, and it's hard for me to type about this stuff, let alone talk about it to even my closest friends. I'm just glad I found this, and I look forward to playing the other arcs in the future. Thank you devs!

Try Rin's route. Seems it might have something to offer you as well. Possibly even Shizune's route might be relateable as well.

Oh and no Misha route, because of cannon reasons. I for one am fine with it.
Yeah, I plan on doing Rin's or Lilly's next. Rin just seems so different that I have to try it out.

Thanks for the replies guys, I might have to add this to the list of forums I visit regularly :D
"Show me the way, allow me to see because my heart is broken. Be my escape, allow me to hear with a word unspoken."--
MoogleDee

Post by MoogleDee »

Shilver wrote: Thanks for the replies guys, I might have to add this to the list of forums I visit regularly :D
I have the shortcut for this place on my bookmark bar. This sounds even weirder typing it out, but my bookmark bar is a prestigious place that only the most important bookmarks go. I check them several times a day. Yeah I'll shut up now.

MOVING ON. I enjoyed each route in a different way, but Rin's was one of the strongest for me. I hope you'll be able to resonate to her story, too.
"...in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am."