KS pets?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NoOne3

Re: KS pets?

Post by NoOne3 »

txalolrn9 wrote:Yeah, Kenji would get a pet whose species are matriarchal (female ruled) - sounds reasonable
Yup. Just imagine his face realising that.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Coyote

Post by Prof. Coyote »

Dr. Robotnik wrote:Lilly would have a kitten. It would fit her motherly nature, and cats are generally regarded as upper-class pets.
As the pet parent of four cats ... yes, me and my wife are interning with the Crazy Cat People Institute ... I believe that this might not be as accurate as you think. Lilly's personality wouldn't go well with a cat's, mainly because of the mothering vs. independence conflict which is apparent in the game if you play Hanako's thread.

Cats are independent thinkers. The reason why we have cats ourselves is because of this: they're extremely low-maintenance. Most times, they'll take care of themselves, with only a minimum of assistance needed. Sometimes they don't even want your assistance, and they're not afraid to let you know.

Lilly with a kitten presents the problem that, eventually, kittens grow up. When that kitten she's been mothering becomes an adult, independent cat, it won't have the patience anymore. Lilly is going to probably want something that balances low-maintenance with need for mothering, so I could see her with a dog more than a cat ... most likely a Shiba Inu.

Now Shizune with the white long-hair cat ... probably preferably a female Persian with a squished-in face ... suits the character. Both would be fiercely independent and (as another poster put it about Kenji) "alpha as fuck." I know this for a fact: out of four cats, only one of ours is female and happens to be long-haired (all our cats are black, however), and she plays both sides of the fence a lot: around humans, she acts like an airhead, but with the other three cats she is clearly the mastermind.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
NoOne3 wrote: Also, Lilly could use a German Shepherd, or Golden Retriever, as a guide dog, they can be quite helpfull.
Niji is her guide dog, but he was written out:
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/list/niji/1
I clicked on that link and saw some pretty disturbing images, but this one is just completely fucked up in so many ways.

My opinion on the matter would be:

Emi - Some kind of dog... not sure which
Lilly - Golden Retriever
Hanako - Tortoise
Rin - Frog
Shizune - Cat, probably one of those horrible ones
Kenji - Parrot
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

Nobody in Particular wrote: I clicked on that link and saw some pretty disturbing images, but this one is just completely fucked up in so many ways.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1091
It only hurts when I breathe