Relationship Poll

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Are you in or have ever been in a relationship?

I am in a relationship now (including marriage)
22%
I have been in a relationship in the past
37%
I have never been in a relationship
41%

Total votes: 497

AnotherKatawaShoujo

Re: Relationship Poll

Post by AnotherKatawaShoujo »

I got lucky. Really, really fucking lucky - and I know it. My husband is a wonderful, wonderful man. I don't know how I found this guy or what on earth made him think I was particularly fascinating.. but whatever the case, I'm very grateful for him and our relationship. I don't know what I'd do without him.
‎"Maybe I am that kind of a person. The kind that belongs only to herself."
Draetheus

Post by Draetheus »

BlackWaltzTheThird wrote:Not entirely sure where I was going with my story, but here now I've said it. Maybe somehow saying it has changed something in me, I dunno. But it's all the past. I have to look to the future. And if I can help it, the mystery girl with red hair in my class at uni will have something to do with it. We'll see.
I was actually hoping people would post their relationship stories here. Though KS is relatively realistic compared to other VNs, real life relationships are even more complex in the range of things that get in the way: one-sided feelings, lack of sexual attraction, existing relationships...you pretty much highlighted it all. Perhaps I will post my story at some point.
lasse

Post by lasse »

AnotherKatawaShoujo wrote:implying that my bf is not fucking someone else while I'm asleep
:lol:
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Happily Married.
Prof. Coyote

Post by Prof. Coyote »

Married 7 years as of this past December, with our first baby due in June.

I will say, though, that I've been one to need work on my empathy skills, and KS has been a bolster to work we had done last year with a couples therapist (who told us we were one of her best couples to work with just because we were so willing to improve).
AnotherKatawaShoujo

lasse wrote:
AnotherKatawaShoujo wrote:implying that my bf is not fucking someone else while I'm asleep
:lol:
..You mean my husband? I mean, I wasn't really intentionally trying to point that out. :P I just feel lucky to have him in my life.
Al

Post by Al »

Is this true? I think it is. Prove me wrong tho
Women
>Try not to eat too much and lay off the fast food
>Moderate cardio several times a week to stay in shape
>Wearing make up to help you with spots, blemishes and God given ugliness. Helps keep you attractive past age sixteen

Men
>Grueling bulk/cut cycles coupled with heavy lifting for aesthetics
>Have to work in some cardio if you want to be healthy and aesthetic
>Excessive grooming will lead to the questions about your sexuality

Sex

Women
>No need to work for it due to the approaches of various men
>Men's standards are lower so even a six can be approached by a nine for sex
>If standing around looking pretty doesn't work then post a vague ad on the internet and enjoy reading through hundreds of replies

Men
>Many females will expect you to be in a relationship before you are allowed to fuck them
>All the work must be done by you if you aren't a Calvin Klein model, that means both approaching and charming girls
>Competition is high from other guys meaning often you will have to settle for less even if you are a complete catch

Relationships

Women
>Even the ugliest of girls will be approached and asked out by guys
>Just stand around looking pretty and guys will approach you
>If you ask out a guy it is unlikely he will say no unless he is ridiculously out of your league
>Friendzone lesser males who you can manipulate for emotional support without offering anything of value in return except the vague possibility that you may one day have sex with them

Guys
>Have to have a range of great features in order to generate interest among females
>Have to all the approach work
>Have women expecting you to pay for everything
>Will often end up alone even if they are a great catch
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Never been in one, Thats cause I am a old romantic and only fall for girls once every blue moon. Being a old Romantic and being shy really makes it hard on someone like me in these times lmao. I am really just waiting for the right girl.
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....
Lurker.No9

Post by Lurker.No9 »

Al, you're a dick.
Women
>Wearing make up to help you with spots, blemishes and God given ugliness. Helps keep you attractive past age sixteen
"Attractive past the age of 16?" Seriously, you're actually arguing against yourself if you imply that women are only attractive until they're 16 years old. Also, ew.
Men
>Grueling bulk/cut cycles coupled with heavy lifting for aesthetics
>Have to work in some cardio if you want to be healthy and aesthetic
>Excessive grooming will lead to the questions about your sexuality
Speaking purely anecdotally, none of the women that I know lust after super-ripped Arnie look-alikes. These days, it's all about the skinny indie boys!
Sex

Women
>No need to work for it due to the approaches of various men
AH-hahahahahahahahaha
Relationships

Women
>Even the ugliest of girls will be approached and asked out by guys
>Just stand around looking pretty and guys will approach you
>If you ask out a guy it is unlikely he will say no unless he is ridiculously out of your league
*snort* Seriously, I don't know if you haven't interacted with many women, you're incredibly unobservant, you're an idiot, or you're deliberately being an ass - though I'd bet on the last one - but you're ludicrously off base here.

Look, I'm perfectly willing to believe that right now the dating market is worse for men than for women. And I've argued in the past, and will argue again in the future, that sexism and double standards hurt men as well as women, and that it's in everybody's best interest to get rid of 'em. But blaming all of these things on TEH WIMMINS is just empirically falsifiable and logically incoherent. Logically incoherent because almost all of society's double standards are holdovers from the days when women were considered second-class citizens.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're a troll, Al, and so I'm pretty sure I'm just feeding you, but I wanted to get a nice, good laugh in your face in before you scurry back to your troll hole to, I don't know, terrorize some billy goats or something.

------

Back on topic, I'm a bisexual man who's currently in a relationship with another man. And let me tell you, Hisao doesn't know what he's missing by not bending over and letting Emi return the lemony-scented favor.
"A good many things go around in the dark besides Santa Claus."

--President Herbert Hoover
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Never been in one, Thats cause I am a old romantic and only fall for girls once every blue moon. Being a old Romantic and being shy really makes it hard on someone like me in these times lmao. I am really just waiting for the right girl.
Seems like i'm not the only one then, what a relief kinda :D
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
AnotherKatawaShoujo

Lurker.No9 wrote:I've argued in the past, and will argue again in the future, that sexism and double standards hurt men as well as women, and that it's in everybody's best interest to get rid of 'em. But blaming all of these things on TEH WIMMINS is just empirically falsifiable and logically incoherent. Logically incoherent because almost all of society's double standards are holdovers from the days when women were considered second-class citizens.
*golf clap* Off-topic "thank you" time. ^^
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

amentoraz wrote:I'm currently in a relationship, almost 5 years long, and KS is making me think a lot of things about it as I learn about myself. In fact I just had a conversation with her, because I've learned I've somewhat fallen out of love. It was a bit difficult, and when I confessed she was too shocked to even cry or anything, but all in all its been a good thing to talk about this before it turns into something that definetly kills our relationship. This way things might be worked out, and I'm not giving up without a fight. I love her a lot, its just she's become weaker and her force of will is not as big, and my impotence to change this rut has slowly turned into somewhat falling out of love.
I had a talk somewhat related to this with my other half a few weeks ago... I didn't so much say I'd fallen out of love that we'd grown apart. My hours of work aren't exactly the most social (either go to bed really early or come home really late) so we don't get much time together, as when I am there I'm so stressed I want to be left alone most of the time.

I do fear that she might just coast along in the imagined security of a relationship until it's way too late, but we've weathered worse and I think by giving us a goal for us both to work for and getting out of our current situation we might do ourselves and our relationship a lot of good. I do wonder if couples that don't get this feeling and actively work at it are those of joke and stereotype: the beer swilling man who slopes home from work to watch football while his wife, aka the old battleaxe/handbrake/yes dear nags him from the kitchen.
harlequin

Post by harlequin »

Personally I'm in the peculiar starting phase of a new relationship where it's not quite a relationship, but one is inevitable. It's that really nice exciting phase.

I've had previous long term relationships.
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

Never been in one. At my age, I guess I'm just not good with people. Also this:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Never been in one, Thats cause I am a old romantic and only fall for girls once every blue moon. Being a old Romantic and being shy really makes it hard on someone like me in these times.
Probably. Or maybe I'm just not able to love and be loved back.
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/
Maakasu_Taihaku

Post by Maakasu_Taihaku »

Woody Alien wrote:Never been in one. At my age, I guess I'm just not good with people. Also this:
Maakasu_Taihaku wrote:Never been in one, Thats cause I am a old romantic and only fall for girls once every blue moon. Being a old Romantic and being shy really makes it hard on someone like me in these times.
Probably. Or maybe I'm just not able to love and be loved back.

Well for me i have felll in love. I just don't move unless i know they have feelings for me, and at the same time since im shy i don't try to make a move to find out. I need to know 100% before i try anything. I've had people that had feelings for me, i just never had the same feelings for them. Though i never gave the chance to see if i did. Again do to shyness. I really wish i had someone to hold these days. It gets lonesome lol.
Hanako....can't stop thinking about her.....