Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Zarys »

Potato wrote:
Zarys wrote:Well, she could have something minor that requires a psychiatrist (Like you can need a psychiatrist if you are depressed but it's don't makes you a mental ill) but no a mental ilness like skizophrenia; I don't know how explain that, there a nuance here in my native language./quote]

Personally, I would argue depression is a mental illness as much as the flu is a physical illness. They both make you feel like crap and create a detriment to life.

Well, in this case Hanako has a mental ill with her social anxiety, but this is the case of many relatively normal people in the world. :)

Nothing about a differential diagnostic between APS, SPD,ect... ?
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Potato

Post by Potato »

Zarys wrote:Nothing about a differential diagnostic between APS, SPD,ect... ?
I'm not qualified to touch that with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot phallus used to shishkabob all the KS girls at oncepole.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

LordMarluxia wrote: How is Rin going to masturbate?! I've been wondering? Can she reach down there with her feet?
I heard a story from a married guy who found his wife rubbing her crotch with her heel. That's one way Rin could do it.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

metalangel wrote:
LordMarluxia wrote: How is Rin going to masturbate?! I've been wondering? Can she reach down there with her feet?
I heard a story from a married guy who found his wife rubbing her crotch with her heel. That's one way Rin could do it.
Is it bad I just tried that? Harder than it sounds, turns out.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Potato wrote:
Zarys wrote:Well, she could have something minor that requires a psychiatrist (Like you can need a psychiatrist if you are depressed but it's don't makes you a mental ill) but no a mental ilness like skizophrenia; I don't know how explain that, there a nuance here in my native language.
Personally, I would argue depression is a mental illness as much as the flu is a physical illness. They both make you feel like crap and create a detriment to life.
I completely agree with that. Add the fact that depressed people might sink into a state where they could hurt themselves or worse, and that easily makes depression a very serious condition to be in, and one that should be treated and monitored closely.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

LordMarluxia wrote:
Potato wrote:
Zarys wrote:Well, she could have something minor that requires a psychiatrist (Like you can need a psychiatrist if you are depressed but it's don't makes you a mental ill) but no a mental ilness like skizophrenia; I don't know how explain that, there a nuance here in my native language.
I completely agree with that. Add the fact that depressed people might sink into a state where they could hurt themselves or worse, and that easily makes depression a very serious condition to be in, and one that should be treated and monitored closely.
It amazes me that there are people who don't understand this. You get over the flu in a week tops and you barely remember it. Depression can be life-long and often is, and the symptoms are often just as bad or worse.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

I have known a number of people with clinical depression. It can be crippling, leading to suicide in extreme forms but also self-mutilation and extreme disfunctionality; i.e., not being able to get out of bed. Someone with clinical depression is either accepting that they are mentally ill or in deep denial.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

For the sake of arguement: Depression, in my eyes, can be chemical or emotional. I had chemical depression due to meds once, but it faded with the meds once I stopped taking them, which is where I'd place blame on for the misconception. (Potato is right about modern medication BTW. Constipation meds had side effects many times worse than just going once a day for about 2-3 minutes.)
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
metalangel wrote:
Harder than it sounds, turns out.
Yes, yes it is.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Haahahahaaahaaaa. Aaahhh. That party. Hah. Went to an alumna's house for some games and funs. Games and funs and lulz were had. My ex was there (the one who cheated on me with my roommate) and everybody but her was taking shots at my roommate. Defending him without pulling the easiest cards was tough, but frankly, I just don't give much of a crap. The guy's a manipulative prick, but he treats me like a god damned human being, which is more than I can say for a lot of people. So yeah.

I think at this rate I'm gonna go with my stupid idea I came up with at work: end up a loner astrophysicist who adopts a teenager in need once every few years to give them a safe place to live. Help them grow up, deal with the utter bullshit that is puberty, and generally help them not fall to where I fell. At the same time, since I'd be relatively busy with work, they'd learn how to take care of themselves (with guidance if they need it).
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Forever_ambivalent

Post by Forever_ambivalent »

Potato wrote:
No need to argue (I know you love to) this time. Major depressive disorder is known to be a mental illness and is carefully monitored and taken care of.
It's certainly several times worse than the flu. I doubt they are comparable. Major depressive disorder is never going to be something minor. Ever. That shit kills lives. It screws you over to the point of no return. I commend all that are able to overcome MDD.
I'm pretty sure Hanako doesn't have MDD. She isn't that depressed.

Guys please stop trying to put more and more disabilities onto Hanako. I doubt she has any of these crazy disorder's and mental illnesses. She probably has PTSD like Emi and some mild social anxiety disorder.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Forever_ambivalent wrote:
Potato wrote:
No need to argue (I know you love to) this time. Major depressive disorder is known to be a mental illness and is carefully monitored and taken care of.
It's certainly several times worse than the flu. I doubt they are comparable. Major depressive disorder is never going to be something minor. Ever. That shit kills lives. It screws you over to the point of no return. I commend all that are able to overcome MDD.
I'm pretty sure Hanako doesn't have MDD. She isn't that depressed.

Guys please stop trying to put more and more disabilities onto Hanako. I doubt she has any of these crazy disorder's and mental illnesses. She probably has PTSD like Emi and some mild social anxiety disorder.
I agreed. :wink:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Potato

Post by Potato »

azumeow wrote:Defending him...
Why were you doing that?
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Potato wrote:
azumeow wrote:Defending him...
Why were you doing that?
I could go into one of the dozen reasons, but I really just don't feel like it, so I'll keep it brief: He treats me like a fucking human being, instead of a porcelain doll. That's a lot more than I can say for most people I meet. Everyone calls him creepy and skeezy, but all he does is sleep with a lot of girls. Sometimes he comes on a bit strong, and he pulls a few stupid stunts, but he's a good friend and a loyal one. We've had maybe one rough spot that was easily dealt with, and while we may not agree on everything, we get along pretty damn well. I'm just sick of seeing him get a bum rap when he really is a decent guy.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Potato

Post by Potato »

Yeah, I can see how a guy who hooked up with your ex before she was your ex and is also a manipulative prick by your own admission is totally loyal and decent...Except the exact opposite...

If I may make an analogy, Osama Bin Laden isn't quite as awful as Hitler but he was still awful. Being not as awful by comparison didn't make him decent.

But...Whatever works for ya. :lol: