Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Zarys »

azumeow wrote: They don't even know about this. I don't tell anybody because I know it will destroy any kindnesses they have for my ex. As much as she deserves it, I'm trying not to be a bitter asshole filled with hatred. And, I'll simplify it as to why I don't hate him for it: She lied to him and tricked him into thinking that it was okay. When he found out, he was infuriated just as I was and barely spoke a word to her. We resolved it between ourselves.
That's what I suspected, circumstances change a lot.the little that you said in your previous post gave a different impression and that's probably why Potato reacts like this.(Although, ideally, you don't have to justify yourself on a forum, I agree)

I also agree on your views on gossip. (some people want almost ruins the lives of their ex, I understand your reaction), and those who want to be friends with you but want that you leavethe people they don't like, are rarely true friends.
There are plenty of very visual warning signs to a panic attack about to happen. Misha obviously wouldn't notice them because she has the social grace of a jackhammer, but Shizune should be more attentive, especially since she knows about Hanako's behavior, her disappearances and her general social awkwardness. I've been in Hanako's situation multiple times before, and it's almost always the same thing: people being rude without realizing it because they think they know everybody and they think they can be buddy-buddy with everybody around them. I've had people shove me against a wall then be confused when I freak out, I've been held in a choke hold from behind "just to see what would happen" and continuously touched despite desperately physically distancing myself from the person touching me. Things that "normal" people tolerate because they don't want to be seen as confrontational are, in reality, others pushing people's boundaries out of either ignorance, malice, or a simple lack of caring about the consequences of their actions.
I kinda had the same thing, but with time, I've realized that most were not even really bad and not just arriving to be more subtle (and rejected several who could have been friends if I had been more tolerant), but I confess that I have seldom been bullied, so my view is perhaps more positive. (a quiet classroom with mostly girls help, I have often heard that American schools are quite violent so this may explain why I se here many complain about it while I have rarely suffered from bullys)
For Shizune, yes and not...in his manner, she is not very socially gifted. (communication problems that make her brutal); I think that Shizune and Misha are a good exemple of the type of person who without being bad, cannot communicate with people like Hanako. (Miki surely too, she's nice but I really don't see how someone like her could not rush Hanako)
And why those are brutal in their communication, would be more responsible in the manner of being than those who are introverts ?
But it's true that too many people are just careless (and are exagerated brutal for people many much less difficult to handle than Hanako) .. maybe it's me who is too nice and too justifies people who hurt me. :mrgreen:
No, Hanako's not perfect in her misanthropy. Of course she isn't. I don't know where this tangent came from, but I'll answer it nonetheless. Yes, Hanako has problems. Yes, she may need help. What she doesn't need is people patronizing her and pretending that she's a fragile child. It's rude, to use your own words, it's dehumanizing, and it's aggravating when everybody treats you the same way.
Yes it is a matter of nuance, I have some indulgence for Lilly because she seems to understand it but don't show it enough. (except in the end of the Lilly Route and in the Hanako Route when she warned Hisao about her birthday)
We must realize that in a outside perspective, it's not easy to understand, Hisao himself understands it late. (but it acted with equal shades unconsciously since the beginning, I would say he has the both trends "treats her as your true friend and treats her as a broken doll" and which win depends on the final choice)
Last edited by Zarys on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Zarys wrote:A person who have a miserable, shitty, depressing life and wish he was dead
It's not really funny since there are people who might read this and say the same in a non-ironic way.
I don't feel those things in an ironic way.
LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

LordMarluxia wrote:Does anyone here still have a broken heart? This is Hanako's Broken Heart Club after all...
Me. I posted a while back though.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

If you don't have the heart broken by Hanako after playing KS, you don't have a heart.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Mine just kinda deflated for a bit.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Zarys wrote:If you don't have the heart broken by Hanako after playing KS, you don't have a heart.
I think hers is the only route in which I DON'T feel anything of that sort. I like the story and everything, and the end does make me feel pretty nice and fuzzy, but nothing comparable to the other 4.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Zarys

Post by Zarys »

So, you're heartless. :evil:
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

What is broken? I wish I could disappear every day and I feel pretty crappy a lot of the time, but I lead a relatively successful and moderately fortunate life with a family that loves me. Do I qualify for a broken heart, or am I too lucky to count? It's hard to just black and white label people as "broken" or "not broken".
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

SpunkySix wrote:What is broken? I wish I could disappear every day and I feel pretty crappy a lot of the time, but I lead a relatively successful and moderately fortunate life with a family that loves me. Do I qualify for a broken heart, or am I too lucky to count? It's hard to just black and white label people as "broken" or "not broken".
I'd say you have a broken heart. It's not about what you have, rather, what you feel. I go to a prestigious private University, have a majority of my expenses covered by my relatively lax job, and have parents who support me (despite a difficult history and their overbearing behavior, they mean well enough). I've had the pleasure of dating plenty of girls, have a pretty high-end laptop I play games and stuff on, among other things that could be counted.

Now, as for how I feel: Big woop, I go to a prissy college. It's nice, but it's just a college. My "expenses" are pitiful compared to making an actual living (ramen cuz college), I've felt abused and uncared for by my parents for most of my life, my exes are either psychotic, selfish, insipid cunts, or great people I couldn't make it work with for one reason or another (the split is about 70% on the bad traits). My games only serve to distract me from where PTSD takes my thoughts, and have become more of a necessity for my mental health than a luxury when I'm not in school or exercising.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

azumeow wrote: I'd say you have a broken heart. It's not about what you have, rather, what you feel. I go to a prestigious private University, have a majority of my expenses covered by my relatively lax job, and have parents who support me (despite a difficult history and their overbearing behavior, they mean well enough). I've had the pleasure of dating plenty of girls, have a pretty high-end laptop I play games and stuff on, among other things that could be counted.

Now, as for how I feel: Big woop, I go to a prissy college. It's nice, but it's just a college. My "expenses" are pitiful compared to making an actual living (ramen cuz college), I've felt abused and uncared for by my parents for most of my life, my exes are either psychotic, selfish, insipid cunts, or great people I couldn't make it work with for one reason or another (the split is about 70% on the bad traits). My games only serve to distract me from where PTSD takes my thoughts, and have become more of a necessity for my mental health than a luxury when I'm not in school or exercising.
And you dare to be more bitter than me ?!? :mrgreen:
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Zarys wrote: And you dare to be more bitter than me ?!? :mrgreen:
azumewow's feelings are very real to them, just like mine are to me, but you seem to think it's a jokey thing?
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

metalangel wrote:
azumewow's feelings are very real to them, just like mine are to me, but you seem to think it's a jokey thing?
In your case, I believed that you're kidding because the manner how you said that, but if it was true, sorry.
For azumewow : I just wonder why he seems more bitter than me when he has less reasons to complaint itself than me.

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Zarys wrote:
metalangel wrote:
In your case, I believed that you're kidding because the manner how you said that, but if it was true, sorry.
For azumewow : I just wonder why he seems more bitter than me when he has less reasons to complaint itself than me.
Wow, that's...it's not a fuckin' competition, dude.
Actually, more than that. People like YOU are the reason I have trouble talking about my issues. You hear what I have to say, then just tell me "Oh, that's not so bad" when it clearly is destroying my life. But nah, I guess it's just small fucking potatoes to you, Toughest Man in the Universe. Fuck off.

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Try to be calm about this. I know it's hard, but bans come from being uncontrolled and nobody wants that.

I will say that it can be extremely difficult to talk about your troubles when people make suffering into a competition, where you're not allowed to feel bad if other people have it harder than you. Somebody very close to me is a marine, a national level wrestler and a victim of borderline child abuse. He tries to be understanding of my problems and he does an exceptional job of being there for me, but if I hear, "That's nothing, when I was your age, I was knee deep in mud at boot camp!" one more time, I'm gonna scream. That sort of thing makes you want to bottle up your feelings and it makes you feel bad about feeling bad, which is totally counterproductive, and it isn't right to do that to somebody.

Obviously if you have a panic attack over a paper cut, that's going too far, but that's something entirely different.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

SpunkySix wrote:Try to be calm about this. I know it's hard, but bans come from being uncontrolled and nobody wants that.

I will say that it can be extremely difficult to talk about your troubles when people make suffering into a competition, where you're not allowed to feel bad if other people have it harder than you. Somebody very close to me is a marine, a national level wrestler and a victim of borderline child abuse. He tries to be understanding of my problems and he does an exceptional job of being there for me, but if I hear, "That's nothing, when I was your age, I was knee deep in mud at boot camp!" one more time, I'm gonna scream. That sort of thing makes you want to bottle up your feelings and it makes you feel bad about feeling bad, which is totally counterproductive, and it isn't right to do that to somebody.

Obviously if you have a panic attack over a paper cut, that's going too far, but that's something entirely different.
Agreed, things kinda escalated bit and I suspect some because of the language barrier or people kinda joking but not realising its not a joke. Best to move on.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.