Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YutoTheOrc

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by YutoTheOrc »

ArmedLiberal wrote: MRI results came back. Similar T2 bright, non-enhancing (gadolinium contrast) lesions, and several new hypointense "blackhole" lesions on the T1 spin-echo scan. These are areas of the brain where the damage has become simply too great to repair, and so the damage is irreversible. That alone is a significant progression; she's never had any black holes before.

The bright side (if there even can be one) is that this new MRI virtually guarantees the acceptance of her Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) application.
You have my sympathy for the turn of events, it is truly a shame that it has progressed to that point. As you said the only good thing was the guaranteed success of her SSDI(as if that alone was worth anything in the situation really). Still, at least things won't be as bad as they possibly could. She has two sons, a granddaughter, and what I can surely tell is a wonderful and caring spouse.

Thank you for keeping us updated with your life. Even though we are not as lively and active as we once were, we still will gladly listen to anyone who needs to talk. All I can do is wish that you and your family enjoy whatever good thing come our way and handle the hard stuff best you can. :)
orian34

Post by orian34 »

That's it! I can eat again!
I'm happy about that, so, hey! Happiness for everyone!
Life is only an experience so we should get the best of it!

That sounded weird, but eh, who cares?
Next time people! I guess.
Aura wrote:I rather do something I actually like on my free time, even if it means I lose the opportunity to financially exploit my fans.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

ArmedLiberal wrote:
YutoTheOrc wrote:
I really hope that things work out for you and your wife(especially with her MS), hopefully modern medicine can do so much as help her try to maintain a good life. One of my best friend's mothers has MS and it's in the early stages and It's not an easy dose to handle for anyone. We can only hope that it doesn't progress and simply stays the same.
MRI results came back. Similar T2 bright, non-enhancing (gadolinium contrast) lesions, and several new hypointense "blackhole" lesions on the T1 spin-echo scan. These are areas of the brain where the damage has become simply too great to repair, and so the damage is irreversible. That alone is a significant progression; she's never had any black holes before.

The bright side (if there even can be one) is that this new MRI virtually guarantees the acceptance of her Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) application.
My sympathies. Dealing with a chronic progressive disease is never easy. Have you or your wife ever heard of Dr. Terry Wahls? MS isn't my area of expertise but I came across her work while researching another autoimmune condition, and it may be worth looking into.

http://terrywahls.com/overcoming-second ... rry-wahls/

Best of luck.
blindly wandering

Post by blindly wandering »

[Sorry, but deleted!]
Last edited by blindly wandering on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shenz

Post by Shenz »

So yeah...

I don't exactly know why i am posting this, there are thousands of people with much bigger and life-threatenig problems out there, but i take this chance to talk away this little problems of mine.

I've got the pleasure to grow up well beloved and wealthy, just like every person should. Besides being extremly shy as a kid, no painful events changed my life forever, nobody got taken away from me, nobody took great advantage of my inability to avouch for myself. Now, only two years away from graduating school, my shyness is hidden inside myself, for the people i'm just a quiet person, with a dark sense of humor. As an 6-year freshman i had to deal with light depressions, today i have pills and enough self-confidence to deal with that. So what's my problem? It's easy, probably everyone has a point in life where he/she has to deal with such problems. I lost the fun in life, the ability to look forward to something, i can't concentrate on todays challenge because i'm to busy worriyng about tomorrow. I hardly relax at any time, even when the body is resting, my mind is still creating horror-scenarios about tomorrows peoples reaction towards me.

Yet i'm hoping this part of life is only a short-living one, maybe my good mood will be back tomorrow who knows ...
Beside that i'm hoping that everyone's story here will lead to a good ending and i wan't to thank for the opportunity of talking away even so little problems, such as mine. Even the existence of such a thread is helpful and reminds me that there are always kind people out there.

Anyway have a great day everyone.

Ps: Sry for grammatical issues and stuff like that
The Skythe-Gun...
Because why not.
Feurox

Post by Feurox »

Shenz wrote:So yeah...

I don't exactly know why i am posting this, there are thousands of people with much bigger and life-threatenig problems out there, but i take this chance to talk away this little problems of mine.

I've got the pleasure to grow up well beloved and wealthy, just like every person should. Besides being extremly shy as a kid, no painful events changed my life forever, nobody got taken away from me, nobody took great advantage of my inability to avouch for myself. Now, only two years away from graduating school, my shyness is hidden inside myself, for the people i'm just a quiet person, with a dark sense of humor. As an 6-year freshman i had to deal with light depressions, today i have pills and enough self-confidence to deal with that. So what's my problem? It's easy, probably everyone has a point in life where he/she has to deal with such problems. I lost the fun in life, the ability to look forward to something, i can't concentrate on todays challenge because i'm to busy worriyng about tomorrow. I hardly relax at any time, even when the body is resting, my mind is still creating horror-scenarios about tomorrows peoples reaction towards me.

Yet i'm hoping this part of life is only a short-living one, maybe my good mood will be back tomorrow who knows ...
Beside that i'm hoping that everyone's story here will lead to a good ending and i wan't to thank for the opportunity of talking away even so little problems, such as mine. Even the existence of such a thread is helpful and reminds me that there are always kind people out there.
Everyone has problems to deal with, but we can't grade peoples problems on some contrived list. Your problems are as real as anyone else's so try to give yourself more credit. Everyone has ups and downs of course but you should try to remember the joys of life, even if some of those seem a million miles away. Try not to care what others think about you, I know that's easier said then done but everyone has that fear, you fear what they think and they fear the same thing. Not really caring will actually help those people just as much as it would help you. Anxiety isn't something you can wish away I know that, but if Katawa Shoujo teaches anything, for me it'd be that life isn't always fair and it's not always easy, but being a good person, living life and loving those you care about, makes that life a little easier. I hope you start to feel better soon.
My Molly Route
Ekephrasis and Other Stories
I hate when people ruin perfectly good literature with literary terminology.
- CraftyAtom
Bluecoolman

Post by Bluecoolman »

Haven't posted on this forum in ages but you folks were the best when it came to nice little bits of advice for this sort of stuff.
So I've recently moved out into an apartment with a girl that I had a very large crush on (Yeah, Bad idea.) We had even discussed the feelings at one point, but it was very heavily one sided on my end.
Things are going really well with living together, we work together marvelously around here, but I still find myself falling for her more and more as time goes on.
Whats even a solution for something like this? It's starting to steal my thoughts constantly, and I'm not exactly sure how to lose feelings for somebody when you see them as much as I do.
Game Completion: 59%
Completed: Lilly Hanako Emi
Observer

Post by Observer »

I haven't posted in awhile myself, just life happens.
Blue I know what you are and it sucks. I'm in almost the same boat, but instead of living with them I text time 24/7 on account of being seven states away. long story short she knows I like her and the feelings aren't there, yet I find myself falling deep for her every day. I wish I could be more help, but I don't feel right in giving advice when I'm lost. (but hopefully it helps to know your not alone.)
Hanabro4Life

Post by Hanabro4Life »

For the guys above, my only suggestion is this: Don't hesitate to give all you've got to show them that you love 'em. They might not reciprocate it, but what's important is that you guys gave your best in order to win their hearts. In the end, if your love goes unrequited, at least, you'll know that in the end, you gave it your all, and you'll have no regrets and you'll avoid the "What if's" later on. You can also use this as an experience to build yourself up for the woman who's really meant for you.

To make things easier, just imagine that you're Hisao. You might not have arrythmia, but the least you could do is to not screw things up by wasting opportunities that come your way. You might be feeling confused with your feelings right now, but I assure you, a lot of people are going through that right now. Heck, I also went through that. But what I did was I took a bold step and hoped for the best. In the end, we're now nearing our 27th month, and we're extremely full of love and sugar. :lol: I know you guys can do it. Good luck to the both of you! We'll be here to back you up! Give it all you've got! :D
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

It seems like years since Ive read or posted in this thread. It seems to die then revive at random times.

As for me, Ive been dealing with crippling depression and anxiety as of late. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. Its just there.

Ive had to take multiple unpaid days off of work recently because it just gets so bad that I can hardly get out of bed. All I could do was break down and cry on more than one occasion, even though I do my best to hold it together. Im on meds, but at one point they seemed to stop helping at all. A couple weeks ago, I went in and talked to my doctor and got my meds adjusted. With any luck that will help. The bad thing is, I one of the many people who cant afford health insurance so I can only go see someone about it so often. Im in a free program that my doctors office has that they call Collaborative Care Therapy. Its better than nothing at all, but I only meet with the nurse who is working with me once or twice a month and they themselves arent mental health professionals. They talk with you, then they all go to the same person who heads the program who is a mental health professional. With this, each person gets help, but only so much, and only a little of it comes from someone who specializes in that field.

As of late, it feels like Ive been trying to ascend on a smooth rope with nothing to pull myself up and hold on with but my teeth. Ive tried many different things on my own. Music, games, mindfulness, exercising, walking. None of it seems to help much except for one med that I am on which I avoid taking as much as possible because its very addictive but is the only thing that seems to work sometimes.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my whining for a while.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
Broken Yet Whole

Post by Broken Yet Whole »

Man, it's been a long while since I posted here. Where to begin...

Well, I'm no longer working. I'm in the middle of the process of being approved for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).That's taking quite a while, all things considered, but it's moving along. As well, I was in the hospital for close to a week last month due to community acquired pneumonia and spetic shock. What a fun stay in the ICU, with three different IV lines in my arms at once. It seems I have lesions on parts of my lungs, so I'm due for a second CAT Scan later this month to check on them, and potentially a biopsy given the results.

Things are pretty okay right now, all things considered. Still rather weak and sickly, thin as a skeleton, and dealing with anxiety and other issues, but I'm pulling through. Great to be back in the thread after so long.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Broken Yet Whole wrote:Man, it's been a long while since I posted here. Where to begin...

Well, I'm no longer working. I'm in the middle of the process of being approved for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).That's taking quite a while, all things considered, but it's moving along. As well, I was in the hospital for close to a week last month due to community acquired pneumonia and spetic shock. What a fun stay in the ICU, with three different IV lines in my arms at once. It seems I have lesions on parts of my lungs, so I'm due for a second CAT Scan later this month to check on them, and potentially a biopsy given the results.

Things are pretty okay right now, all things considered. Still rather weak and sickly, thin as a skeleton, and dealing with anxiety and other issues, but I'm pulling through. Great to be back in the thread after so long.
Nice to see you back.

I rarely know what to say at these times, I hope you feel better and get well soon just seem so hokey and cliche. I'm going to say them anyway though. Glad to see you pulling through.

Sadly the forum has died down considerably while you were gone. There's still a few of us regulars kicking around though.
Not Dead Yet
Broken Yet Whole

Post by Broken Yet Whole »

Oddball wrote:Nice to see you back.

I rarely know what to say at these times, I hope you feel better and get well soon just seem so hokey and cliche. I'm going to say them anyway though. Glad to see you pulling through.

Sadly the forum has died down considerably while you were gone. There's still a few of us regulars kicking around though.
Well, it was normally fairly quiet even when I was around more often. Still, I'm doing my best to get better. Once I get approved for disability insurance, I'll be set on a source of money for a while, and I already get food stamps and such monthly as well.
wheelman82

Post by wheelman82 »

-Removed-
Last edited by wheelman82 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Just had a friendship of 15 years come crashing down.

I'm the type of person that doesn't communicate that often. Even among my friends, we can go for a week or a month without talking and then pick right up where we left off. I had a friend of mine come down for a convention and she stayed with me and we had a great weekend. She had surgery a few weeks ago and I told her I would be in touch.

Now, as I mentioned, being in touch can still mean a week or more. The week after the convention I worked something like 60 hours while sick to make up the money I lost for taking off the weekend of the convention (and my phone was shut off for a few days because of lack of funds.)

Got my phone turned back on and messaged her, and she completely blew up on me accusing me of lying to her and being just like everyone else in her life that hurt her and all I did was use her. I could have emailed her or gotten ahold of her on Facebook (I haven't been on FB in months because I realize I'm addicted) but simply didn't think to with everything else going on. She didn't want to have anything to do with whatever reasons I didn't call her this last week to check up. I would have thought 15 years would be worth the benefit of the doubt regarding having a really shit week, but I guess not.

I'm not sure what hurts more - her thinking so little of me, her believing I think so little of her, or the idea that the person I thought I knew is gone for good.

Logically I know that if I didn't already have a friendship with her, the red flags and projection would be telling me to run after her blowing up over something like that, and at this point in my life I know enough to listen to them.

It's still gonna take some time for me to mourn the friendship, though.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself