Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Trogdor

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Trogdor »

ArmedLiberal wrote:I got through almost 6 weeks (of 9) of Emi's Couch-to-5k program on Sunday... and I rolled my ankle. I had a meds check with my psychiatrist the next day, and she suggested I have it checked out.

I had an appointment the next morning (Tuesday), and the doc took a 2-axis x-ray series to be safe. It was a good thing he did, because it revealed a lateral malleolus fracture. The lateral malleolus is a finger-like extension on the end of the fibula, the smaller of the two lower leg bones; it connects the leg and the ankle on the outside face. (I learned something in A&P!)

So, I'm laid up for a month at minimum, which means I'll probably lose a couple of weeks of progress in the program. At least I can use a boot instead of needing a cast to immobilize it.
Cross-training is not for everyone.
This American apple pie institution known as a trigger warning will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm that might actually make you think, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time. This post contains explicit depictions of things which are real. These real things are commonly known as life.
--
I burninated Hanako's house, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.
Randleifr

Post by Randleifr »

Trogdor wrote:
ArmedLiberal wrote:I got through almost 6 weeks (of 9) of Emi's Couch-to-5k program on Sunday... and I rolled my ankle. I had a meds check with my psychiatrist the next day, and she suggested I have it checked out.

I had an appointment the next morning (Tuesday), and the doc took a 2-axis x-ray series to be safe. It was a good thing he did, because it revealed a lateral malleolus fracture. The lateral malleolus is a finger-like extension on the end of the fibula, the smaller of the two lower leg bones; it connects the leg and the ankle on the outside face. (I learned something in A&P!)

So, I'm laid up for a month at minimum, which means I'll probably lose a couple of weeks of progress in the program. At least I can use a boot instead of needing a cast to immobilize it.
I read half the story thinking it was about running. Lol

So I guess I will start off by saying that I have recently graduated from my high school, and am about to graduate from my 2nd school (it's a tech school I go to for extra curricular) but as the days go on, all I can feel is that I'm saying goodbye to everything... It's like I'm walking into a empty room, and the door disappears behind me. I miss seeing my high school friends, seeing them was the high light of my days. And I know the following things I'm about to say may not make sense or seem like a big deal, but it's because it's something that is come to terms with but absolutely hate in return. I don't really have best friends, I'm just friends with everyone at my school, I know it's weird, but I just hung out with everyone, so that make it all the much harder to say goodbye to everyone! I mean it's like loosing half of a family, and when I graduate from my tech school, it's just more goodbyes... So last night, as I finished Lilly's path (good ending) for the first time, I couldn't help but feel relatable to it all, and something that I haven't experienced in a long time came out. I just let all of my stress and sadness take over. My vision became distorted, not like an acid trip, but more that everything around me felt like it was miles away, but at the same time that everything was insanely large. Along with feeling like I had to throw up for a few minutes, which turned into my heart beating faster to the point where I could hear it clearly in my ears. The cycle along with my vision lasted an extremely long time until I decided to call my school counselor (at 9 pm, but I only felt I could do so because we have a friendly relationship) and an hour later of talking, the symptoms finally went away (even closing my eyes, everything felt distorted). So for those of you who don't know what this is, it's Alice in Wonderland Disorder (AWD for short), as silly as the name is, it's a real problem that I have had since I was at least 10 years old. And last night it hit me like a brick wall. I don't want to say goodbye anymore... But I feel like I don't have any choices in the matter...
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

Randleifr wrote:
Trogdor wrote:

I read half the story thinking it was about running. Lol

So I guess I will start off by saying that I have recently graduated from my high school, and am about to graduate from my 2nd school (it's a tech school I go to for extra curricular) but as the days go on, all I can feel is that I'm saying goodbye to everything... It's like I'm walking into a empty room, and the door disappears behind me. I miss seeing my high school friends, seeing them was the high light of my days. And I know the following things I'm about to say may not make sense or seem like a big deal, but it's because it's something that is come to terms with but absolutely hate in return. I don't really have best friends, I'm just friends with everyone at my school, I know it's weird, but I just hung out with everyone, so that make it all the much harder to say goodbye to everyone! I mean it's like loosing half of a family, and when I graduate from my tech school, it's just more goodbyes... So last night, as I finished Lilly's path (good ending) for the first time, I couldn't help but feel relatable to it all, and something that I haven't experienced in a long time came out. I just let all of my stress and sadness take over. My vision became distorted, not like an acid trip, but more that everything around me felt like it was miles away, but at the same time that everything was insanely large. Along with feeling like I had to throw up for a few minutes, which turned into my heart beating faster to the point where I could hear it clearly in my ears. The cycle along with my vision lasted an extremely long time until I decided to call my school counselor (at 9 pm, but I only felt I could do so because we have a friendly relationship) and an hour later of talking, the symptoms finally went away (even closing my eyes, everything felt distorted). So for those of you who don't know what this is, it's Alice in Wonderland Disorder (AWD for short), as silly as the name is, it's a real problem that I have had since I was at least 10 years old. And last night it hit me like a brick wall. I don't want to say goodbye anymore... But I feel like I don't have any choices in the matter...
Life is rough. To live means to lose. There is nothing you can do about it. No way of getting around it. It just happens, no matter what you do.

Honestly in a way I wish I could feel the way about my long past high school days that you do about yours. I prefer to forget everything about them, pretend like it never happened. There are maybe 4-5 different people I care about that I met in high school. The rest of them could get annihilated and I would open a bottle of Jack Daniels and celebrate. You have this reaction to it because high school was a good time in your life that you would like to never leave behind. No one wants good times to end, and would rather see them go on forever. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. You just need to make you remember these good times and always keep them with you. Then keep going through life and try to keep having a good time. Make sure you stay connected with those people who made it enjoyable for you in some way.

Instead of worrying about the experiences that already happened, look forward to the new ones and make them enjoyable as possible. You have a lot of life ahead of you, Im sure. Dont become someone like me who is so cynical and misanthropic that they would just rather see the whole world burn. I hate everyone and trust no one. If you keep going the way you are with those kind of thoughts, Im afraid you might turn out like that. Dont let it happen.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.
ArmedLiberal

Post by ArmedLiberal »

Snip
Life is rough. To live means to lose. There is nothing you can do about it. No way of getting around it. It just happens, no matter what you do.

Honestly in a way I wish I could feel the way about my long past high school days that you do about yours. I prefer to forget everything about them, pretend like it never happened. There are maybe 4-5 different people I care about that I met in high school. The rest of them could get annihilated and I would open a bottle of Jack Daniels and celebrate. You have this reaction to it because high school was a good time in your life that you would like to never leave behind. No one wants good times to end, and would rather see them go on forever. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. You just need to make you remember these good times and always keep them with you. Then keep going through life and try to keep having a good time. Make sure you stay connected with those people who made it enjoyable for you in some way.

Instead of worrying about the experiences that already happened, look forward to the new ones and make them enjoyable as possible. You have a lot of life ahead of you, Im sure. Dont become someone like me who is so cynical and misanthropic that they would just rather see the whole world burn. I hate everyone and trust no one. If you keep going the way you are with those kind of thoughts, Im afraid you might turn out like that. Dont let it happen.
Don't I know that feeling. I talk to around 15 people from high school (our entire school had ~450 students, and my graduating class started with 124—I graduated with 106), but the rest could die in a fire and I'd be roasting Boca brats (I don't eat meat) on the flames with a double of Tullamore Phoenix in my other hand.
Message truncated
So, apparently my sig was too long… so I cut it down, but I used the opportunity to expound upon—and add to—my original signature.
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Got shot down by a girl I was interested a while back. Positive vibes were there, we talked a lot, I let her know how I felt, she had someone else in mind.

You know, I'm not nearly as torn up about it as I thought I'd be, and I got over it fairly quickly...because the old me wouldn't have said anything to her; instead I would have just waited, hoping she would have picked up the hint.

Not the outcome I would have wanted, but I feel good about it.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
ArmedLiberal

Post by ArmedLiberal »

A happy note—I posted an A in microbiology. Now I start Expository Writing, which goes for 6 weeks and is all online.

I'm still in the immobilizer boot for my ankle, so still no running. I might call about it; I just want to make sure it's healing correctly.

There's a slight risk of severe weather tonight… I think I'm going to take a nap in case things get ugly. In 2013, the Outagamie County (Wisconsin) ARES group spent most of the night doing damage assessments after 6 tornadoes whipped through the area. It looks like things are settling down right now, but there has been significant opportunity for daytime heating, and I think that may contribute to atmospheric instability. What? Why no, I don't know anything about this at all… I just went through a ridiculous amount of training regarding severe weather (I make my own assessment of weather hazards based on the data and then compare my forecast to the one officially issued for fun), and certifications from FEMA. Things are quieting down (they were talking tornadoes earlier), but I want to be fresh in case that changes.

My stepson's father is being a douchebag to both us and my stepson (again—this is 3 times in 6 months), and my wife is finally doing something about it in legal process. Hopefully by the end, we won't have to talk directly to him to coordinate stuff, and my stepson will be placed at our house much more than his father's… it would be greatly beneficial to his mental health.

Other than that, the wife's business is booming, and I'm less than a year from graduating with my BAS (but I still have to wait a year to apply to the PA program because I have to complete more classes).
Message truncated
So, apparently my sig was too long… so I cut it down, but I used the opportunity to expound upon—and add to—my original signature.
Hadokant

Post by Hadokant »

It's been such a long time since I was back here, I replayed Katawa Shoujo and remembered all about this little Broken Heart Club and, I guess it could help me now. I used to have a good friend named Christian, We were the best of friends and I had helped him out of his depression. I found him on steam and he was such a cool dude. However, he suddenly removed me from steam and blocked me entirely..no goodbyes, no reasons, just gone. We had known each other for 2 years and now, he's just gone...I feel miserable about it, like as if there was something going on that i should know about.
"Being Human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless, and finding happiness in a world that hates it"
-Tenmyouji
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Hadokant wrote:It's been such a long time since I was back here, I replayed Katawa Shoujo and remembered all about this little Broken Heart Club and, I guess it could help me now. I used to have a good friend named Christian, We were the best of friends and I had helped him out of his depression. I found him on steam and he was such a cool dude. However, he suddenly removed me from steam and blocked me entirely..no goodbyes, no reasons, just gone. We had known each other for 2 years and now, he's just gone...I feel miserable about it, like as if there was something going on that i should know about.
Well, first off, welcome back!

Now that that's out of the way, I know how you feel. Separation from a close friend, especially if you feel like you helped them. It's a frightening concoction of betrayal and worry, especially if you don't know why. All I can really offer is to try to spend a minimal amount of energy finding out what happened. If you see them, try to ask them what is happening. It's a lot harder to abandon someone in person. However, don't let it take over your life. Sometimes not knowing is better.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Exbando

Post by Exbando »

Hey there, guys! The last time I posted in here was February...2013. I haven't been keeping up in here, unfortunately, and there's been nearly 100 pages added since then. That is insane. I'm not going to be able to read all of that, though, because there aren't enough hours in the day. Sorry, but that's they way it's gotta be. :/

For any of you that were around when I was posting (lots of new names I don't recognize, which is actually pretty cool), I did tell the girl I had a crush on how I felt...over facebook (because I'm a genius). She responded, saying she wasn't interested in dating at the time (which I just read as "I'm not interested in dating you."). Things ended awkwardly between us. I tried texting her a couple times, but she didn't really respond, and I haven't talked to her since. I have deleted her as a friend from facebook, and deleted her number from my phone. What sucks is this was all around a year ago, and I still think about her. I try to take my mind off of it, but it never works.

I've been going to school, and doing well in some classes, but procrastination is still a huge issue for me.

Still working at the same liquor store, despite my common sense telling me to get out of there. The way I see it, they really can't fire me since I'm the only one they can really trust to do the job (they could have fired me multiple times already. If they were going to, they would have done it by now).

That's all I've got, really. I'm definitely gonna try and be more active in here.
Hanako > Lilly = Emi > Shizune > Rin
Feeling like your heart is broken? Need to get it off your chest? Tell your story here
I have a fanfiction! It's pretty bad. I started another fanfic cause I'm stupid!
Broken Yet Whole

Post by Broken Yet Whole »

Wow, so... First time posting here... This thread is feels worthy, so very feels worthy... I guess it would only be proper if I shared my story.

My childhood up to age nine was average, nothing out of the ordinary there. On my ninth birthday, my family recieved a call informing us that my uncle had passed away that day due to complications from diabetes. At least... He died peacefully and in his sleep... That funeral, I didn't really cry because I was too young to understand what had happened, other than he went away... My tenth birthday ended in similar tragedy, with the hit and run of my aunt... That funeral, I had began to understand death and loss, and that was the first time I grieved over the loss of someone. My eleventh birthday, as fate would have it, ended with finding out about the passing of my grandfather. As is the running theme here, life can be cruel. That year, my parents, after many months of fighting, got a divorce. God, I hated that stupid divorce counseling we had to go to. After about a year or so, me being close to thirteen, my dad met a fairly nice woman, and we eventually moved out to live with them. I had to leave my old friends behind, and start life in a new school with completely different people. While I was in 8th grade, I met this girl, she was the sweetest, most cheerful girl you'd ever meet. After one weekend, coming back to school we all found out she had passed away that weekend from leukemia... They had grief counselors at the school, and many students couldn't focus and cried, me included. Eventually, my dad broke up with the woman, and we moved in with our mom in the same city. Throughout school in this new city, I was bullied for being shy, having an accent, and otherwise being non-social. Finishing my sophmore year, we were forced to move back to my original city with my dad, which meant losing more friends and hopefully reconciling with the old, which didn't happen too much. Throughout my time in school, my dad constantly yelled at me for having poor grades and such, which he attributed to laziness, but which recently was diagnosed as Aspergers, something I refuse to tell anyone. I graduated high school a year late, unfortunately, and eventually managed to find a job I like, which allowed me to start therapy! I eventually switched to a different therapist, because I had somewhat of a grasp on my Social Phobia, and I primarily needed a therapist to help me with moving along being transgender.

And here I am now. I'm still terribly shy, I don't hang out with anyone ever, prefering to stay inside. I am terribly ashamed of the scarring that covers parts of my body, refusing to disrobe in the presence of anyone. But, things are looking up. Hanako is my largest motivation, for she can conquer her fears, and so can I.
Broken Yet Whole

Tries not to think everyone is judging me

Thinks those thoughts anyway

Damn it brain... Stop making me scared...
brythain

Post by brythain »

Broken Yet Whole wrote:Tries not to think everyone is judging me

Hey, you've come to a place where everyone has damage, so try not to scare us as well! :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Broken Yet Whole

brythain wrote:
Broken Yet Whole wrote:Tries not to think everyone is judging me

Hey, you've come to a place where everyone has damage, so try not to scare us as well! :)
Sorry... I just can't seem to help it... I've never been able to get close to people, I'm too afraid of how they'll react if I tell them about me...
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

I can relate, at a certain level, to that, BYWhole. Perhaps it's why I took up writing and drawing in the first place. Forms of expression which can be communicated instantaneously and clearly. Similarly, when I can, I like to send people music to answer questions, since it clears me from actually saying what I should, and forces them to be interpretive.

That aside, it's a gamble whenever you reveal facts about yourself to someone. But, there's a couple of good things about this forum.

The first is that everything's anonymous. We don't know who you are in real life, so the only judgement we can make of you is based on two things: that you've played this game, which we all have, and that which you post. This removes any preconceptions or ideas about who or what you are until you reveal it to us. Because of this, we're a fairly accepting bunch.

The second is that most, if not all, of the people here have posted in this thread at least once. While I wouldn't feel comfortable linking others stories, here's mine. So, everyone has their damage in full view, you just have to root around for it.

The third, and perhaps most important, is related to the former. The developers have a quote that goes along with the game rather nicely. You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person. The game is a phenomenon that draws people out of their shells. Despite who we may be offline, for the most part, here, we are honest, caring and good listeners. We may fight or argue occasionally, but we share an experience, a bond, that is hard to sever. That bond is Katawa Shoujo.

Welcome to the forums, welcome to the family. Keep your chin up and your head down, and you might just hear the quite murmur of our hearts beating in an arrhythmic harmony.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Broken Yet Whole

Broomhead wrote:I can relate, at a certain level, to that, BYWhole. Perhaps it's why I took up writing and drawing in the first place. Forms of expression which can be communicated instantaneously and clearly. Similarly, when I can, I like to send people music to answer questions, since it clears me from actually saying what I should, and forces them to be interpretive.

That aside, it's a gamble whenever you reveal facts about yourself to someone. But, there's a couple of good things about this forum.

The first is that everything's anonymous. We don't know who you are in real life, so the only judgement we can make of you is based on two things: that you've played this game, which we all have, and that which you post. This removes any preconceptions or ideas about who or what you are until you reveal it to us. Because of this, we're a fairly accepting bunch.

The second is that most, if not all, of the people here have posted in this thread at least once. While I wouldn't feel comfortable linking others stories, here's mine. So, everyone has their damage in full view, you just have to root around for it.

The third, and perhaps most important, is related to the former. The developers have a quote that goes along with the game rather nicely. You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person. The game is a phenomenon that draws people out of their shells. Despite who we may be offline, for the most part, here, we are honest, caring and good listeners. We may fight or argue occasionally, but we share an experience, a bond, that is hard to sever. That bond is Katawa Shoujo.

Welcome to the forums, welcome to the family. Keep your chin up and your head down, and you might just hear the quite murmur of our hearts beating in an arrhythmic harmony.
Thank you... The internet is my home, somewhere I know I can't be hurt... I've taken that quote to heart, it is like a philosophy to me... I struggle to get better, to become more social, more open, but its hard... I can't... Every step forward I take, I move two steps back...